Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Do you have any headcanons/theories?

Odyssey

Woohoo, I have another headcanon to share with you guys. xP

Fluttershy can cheer loudly, even though we usually see her cheer quietly. She's just afraid of how loud it actually is.

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy can cheer loudly, even though we usually see her cheer quietly. She's just afraid of how loud it actually is.

Well yeah, this is canon (in Sonic Rainboom).

• Brohoof 1

• Rainbow Dash dropped out of Flight School based on the immature assumption that she was awesome enough to not need any further refinement. That, and there really weren't enough nap times for her.
  • Griffons get along relatively fine with the pegasai (birds of a feather), but not so much the other two races, based on some sour relations in the past.
  • Derpy is the Mayor's niece, which may explain why she was able to get a job as a mailmare at the local post office after a year of job-hunting/getting fired for dropping pianos on ponies' heads.
  • Speaking of which, Derpy has always had those eyes.

16.gif

• Brohoof 2

Makes sense because she has the same voice actor as Pinkie Pie xD

My headcannon? Pinkie Pie is actually as intelectual as Twilight, just doesn't live to it.

• Brohoof 3

I know this is about headcanons, but....

How is this hard to believe? Their families live in the same region and have similar farming lifestyles.

It is absolutely plausible that they're distant relatives.

How is Inspiration an element of harmony/friendship?

Inspiration was Rarity's original Element of Harmony.

A headcanon I have is that the magic that defeated the Windigos is the same magic that created the seed for the tree of harmony. The Tree of Harmony is located in a cave. The Founders were trapped in a cave.

Discord is the most powerful lone being in Equestria. This does not include groups of powerful forces, such as the Elements or Tirek's combined pony magic.

The Everfree forest has its own ruler.

Horses are mythical in Equestria. I imagine them as being powerful mythical beings: "hearts as strong as horses" might equate to "hearts as strong as Heracles" in our world.

Because of Spike's environment and upbringing, he will never outgrow the baby dragon stage, or at least will never become the size of a normal dragon.

Just ideas. :)

The planet: Equestria and the planet are based on the anchient understanding of how the world works. A la, the planet is actually flat and the center of the universe with the celestial bodies revolving around it. Other wise how is Celestia moving the sun without distroying our solar systems balance? Also the sun and moon are much closer then ours as well as smaller.

• Brohoof 1

I've posted some of my headcanons about Applejack in Applejack Fan Club, so I'm just going to copy-paste it:

• I strongly believe that Applejack is still a little filly at heart. Yes, she's the most mature one out of Main 6, but she can be very playful and her social nature speaks volumes. She didn't have too much time to play and just be a kid as a... well, as a kid, for obvious reasons, so when she has a chance, she forgets about the boundaries and abandons her usual responsible attitude for a while. 
  • I think that Applejack might be interested in a concept of flying. I bet that she dreamed at least once about being a pegasus as a filly. 
  • When she's angry or sad she goes alone to the orchard, sits under one of her favorite trees and just thinks or talks to them. Nature helps her relax and calm down, if she needs it. 
  • She would cut her hair, because such a long mane and tail can be very annoying while she works on a farm, but it reminds her of her mother. 

+ about other characters:

• Luna is addicted to coffee. 
  • Twilight was afraid of darkness for a very long time as a filly. 
  • Someday Fluttershy will deal with her shyness and cut her hair as a symbol of not hiding behind them anymore.
  • Scootaloo isn't an orphan. Her parents often travel and trust that she'll be ok, while they're away. She sometimes gets a little lonely, that's why she spends so much time with her friends. That's also one of the reasons why she adores Rainbow so much - she's always near.
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

In the episode 'Hearts And Hooves Day', SweetieBelle, Scootaloo, and AppleBloom look up the history and recipe of a love potion.

While they're reading about it, it talks about the origin of it.

My headcannon, or theory (I don't know the difference), is that the potion's story is actually about Princess Cadence and King Sombra.

In the episode 'Hearts And Hooves Day', SweetieBelle, Scootaloo, and AppleBloom look up the history and recipe of a love potion.

While they're reading about it, it talks about the origin of it.

My headcannon, or theory (I don't know the difference), is that the potion's story is actually about Princess Cadence and King Sombra.

Mhmm Cadance wasn't yet born when Sombra was good or evil and banished. She was very young when Twilight was a filly. Her ancestor however might fit your headcanon. Especially Princess Amore who was mentioned in Amy Keating Rogers books. She seem like some kind of great grandmother (or older) of Cadance and she ruled Crystal Empire before Sombra was a king. Maybe she married a prince Sombra and he later become a king that as you said fall after poison joke. Then maybe the curse was broken with Amore death and he become sad until it eaten him out and darkness was the only thing he become

Mhmm Cadance wasn't yet born when Sombra was good or evil and banished. She was very young when Twilight was a filly. Her ancestor however might fit your headcanon. Especially Princess Amore who was mentioned in Amy Keating Rogers books. She seem like some kind of great grandmother (or older) of Cadance and she ruled Crystal Empire before Sombra was a king. Maybe she married a prince Sombra and he later become a king that as you said fall after poison joke. Then maybe the curse was broken with Amore death and he become sad until it eaten him out and darkness was the only thing he become

See, I've never read the comics or books. So, I base my headcannon on what I've seen, rather than read.

Derpy and Dinky are siblings. The fandom sees them as mother and daughter, but I’m not a big fan of Derps being a mother.

I refuse to believe that! Derpy is her mother! *jumps out window*

My head-cannon....

Scootaloo's parents and Applejack's parents shared the same fate...

they died from LYMPHOSARCOMA!!! it is a type cancer in horses...

• Brohoof 2

- Discord is Starswirl The Bearded

- The tree of harmony was created when Equestria was founded, because of the friendship spell of Clover the Clever

- Clover the Clever is Celestia, or at least they're related

- Celestia is also Zecora.

- Crysalis is not bad, she's just a desperate mother trying to feed her children.

- Princesses are not immortal, they live for thounsads of years.

- Fluttershy is an orphan

- The reason we never see the real Twilight in the human world, is because the universe makes impossible for them to see each other and create a paradox, so real Twilight was in Canterlot High, but when Equestria Twilight crossed the portal it changed the history of the world, sending real Twilight to another school (and Pinkie knew about her because she can break the laws of the universe)

I refuse to believe that! Derpy is her mother! *jumps out window*

My head-cannon....

Scootaloo's parents and Applejack's parents shared the same fate...

they died from LYMPHOSARCOMA!!! it is a type cancer in horses...

Well apparently Dinky is Carrot Top daughter and that writer

post-22941-0-56590600-1409670368_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Shining Armor acts like a supportive big brother figure to nearly all those around him, even if they are not related to him, including his own guard troops and his and his wife's subjects, especially the children. He also enjoys going out on the streets and playing with the foals of the Crystal Empire, encouraging the fillies and colts to be active, and also takes them out Nightmare Nighting if their parents are busy, or even just to be nice.

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 1

new.png

Rainbow Dash has two brothers and both of her parents are alive and well.

Derpy is actually deaf and reads lips.

Princess Celestia is not a goddess, but just an ancient being of the created world, like Gandalf in Lord of the Rings --she is in the order of 3000 years old.

The moon is 1/6th of our moon's size, and 20 times closer. Its sidereal period is approximately one week, rather than our own's 29.8 days.

Some time in Season 11 a Changeling character will show that there are Changelings who do not like Chrysalis, and they want to form their own city in Equestria where they can live in peace.

Time to bring up some of my new ramblings headcanon.

-G1 and G4 share a universe with several thousand years seperating the two, though very few beings alive know of it. Celestia named G4 Spike after the original Spike.

-Likewise, "Firefly", is a common given name among pegasi, made popular by the G1 pony.

-Scootaloo's parents got divorced and ,even though they parted on good terms, she is having a hard time coping with it, hence her attaching herself to Rainbow Dash

-Cadence has willingly given up her immortatility, so she won't survive Shining Armour (think Arwen)

Princess Luna usually sleeps during the day which is why she usually isn't with Celestia that much like at brunch. Oh and Luna slept through the Changeling swarm and wedding because it was happening during the day.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cadance is not immortal, and in fact, her love for Shining Armor has bound them in such a way, that when Shining Armor passes away, she will die alongside him.

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 1