Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Do you have any headcanons/theories?

Odyssey

Rainbow Dash was raised by her older brother, Rainbow Blaze. He sacrificed himself to save Dash.

Applejack's parents died from a curse called "lights out". Granny Smith is next.

Rarity was once a Pirate, in search of treasure to get out of poverty.

Pinkie's best friend was Minty, who fell to the corruption of dark magic.

Fluttershy comes from a very large family of circus accrobats, she was the punching bag of the family and her father was a deadbeat dad. She also inherents traits from her siblings such as her singing and sewing talents.

Pegasi obviously aren't connected to a reservoir & depend on cisterns for their water supply (It helps if you can use clouds to refill them).  When they shower, they've got to have shower caps, something to keep their tail dry & wing covers.  If not, they can spend hours getting dry + waste all that water.

Head Canon  Ponies got Water Pics! It just makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

During "Sonic Rainboom" (S1 E16) The other ponies taunt Dash for dropping out of flight camp for "too many rules & not enough naps" + for some reason Dash wasn't being given credit for the 1st rain boom. (Guess they thought it was a rogue wizard spell or something, since Dash couldn't repeat it)

My Head Canon

Dash didn't drop out, she was kicked out.  She was in an unauthorized, impromptu race & knocked Fluttershy off that cloud.  Barring a miracle, F would have been killed.  If I was in charge, I'd take a DAMN dim view of that behavior. Plus, the camp would have to do something to show they took it seriously & expelling a student is the easiest course.

I suspect that Fluttershy never returned to flight camp (God knows, I never would have gone back -would you?).  Dash may or may not have returned next year (She did meet Gilda at Flight Camp, after all & F apparently didn't)

More headcanon! (Wow, it has been 7 months since my last headcanon. How time has passed)

My headcanon this time mostly involves EQG world, since it has been all that I can think about.

1. Sunset Shimmer role will be a lot bigger later on, extending to Equestria, since without her, the mane Six wouldn't be able to summon the Great Pony Spirit (The big spirit horse thing the destroyed the siren's necklace). It was foretold that 7 ponies will defeat a force greater than Tirek. The missing piece is Sunset Shimmer.

2. Reason for Sunset Shimmer's escape. Read "Twilight Falls, Sunset Dawns", Sunset backstory. It was tense and sad but at the same time it make sense.

3. Sunset will become an alicorn. She will have her own 'castle' in CHS and will be overlooking the happening of CHS. Probably in the same manner of Twilight's Castle. Possibly something like a Student Council 

Gleaming Shield (a gender bent version of Shining Armor) would be Shining's long lost twin sister. She'd also be a member of the royal guard, and she's known Shining, but never knew that the two were twins.

Either that, or she's just Twilight's and Shining's cousin.

Edited by vgmaster9

• 3 weeks later...

Mainly ones related to families

Scootaloo is not an orphan and has a loving mother and father

Rainbow Dash has a single father for a parent

Fluttershy has a large immediate family

AJ's parents died as soon as Applebloom was born(I assume the mother died during child birth, I still haven't come up with anything for the father)

i would agree with the RD head canon there isn't an mlp card for rd's mum but there is for her dad :)

post-31552-0-67053300-1421708447_thumb.jpg

After Chrysalis and the changelings were defeated at the end of A Canterlot Wedding, Twilight had already forgiven her brother, friends, and mentor for reacting the way they did because Chrysalis fooled everyone, even her. She felt she was just as guilty for yelling during the wedding rehearsal without any proff.

I think that Sunset Shimmer is an element... Probably the Element of Inspiration. Because at the end of EG2 she was apart of the rainbow that the other six formed. I know it's not that much of a reason to think that but she did inspire Twilight quite a bit during the movie.

Also I think that Changelings want to love and they can fall in love, they just can't show their feelings because love is their food source and they will just drain the energy of the pony they love. I also ship Chrysalis and Shining Armor.

And I hate the idea of Fyrefly or FireFly being Rainbow's mom, so I think she just has a father as a parent.

As for Applejack's parents, I think they died in a carriage crash making a delivery or something, shortly after Applebloom's birth.

Edited by ElectricBeat

Soarin is despised by the other Wonderbolts. His cutie mark is the Wonderbolts emblem because he's part of the family of the one who founded the Wonderbolts. He's not a great flier though, and he only got into the team because of nepotism he never asked for. As such, the "real" team members hate him and are constantly hazing him, from prompting him to drop his beloved pie on the floor (Best Night Ever) to quickly trying to fill his spot in the Equestria Games when he gets slightly injured (Rainbow Falls). He knows they're doing it and he honestly can't bring himself to disagree with them, he knows he shouldn't be on the team but he doesn't have the guts to quit either.

• Brohoof 1

Got this idea from thread "What do we know about the Elements of Harmony?"  Some one asked "Why is the Tree of Harmony in the middle of the most chaotic spot on the planet?"

My Head Canon

You ever see a Yin/Yang symbol?  The white part has a black dot & the back part has a white dot.  The TOH is that dot.  It is in the Everfree because it is the most chaotic spot.  Discord is the Chaos Dot in Harmony.  (Being chaotic, he moves).  This would explain why he was turned to stone, not reformed, vaporized, or sent to the moon.  The didn't because they couldn't.  This also explains why he has never directly harmed the tree -he can't because he is linked to it.

If this is true, this is why his reform failed in Twilight's Kingdom.  His chaotic nature is like you breathing.  He can stop for a while, but he has to start again & honestly can't help it.

• Brohoof 1

Plenty:

-Octavia and Vinyl are best buds and own a radio station.

-Firearms and tanks exist in Equestria but due to centuries of peace and magic being more practical, they are very primitive flintlocks and Da Vinci styled tanks.

-In addition to the heavy lifting, Big Macintosh also does the paper work and number crunching to run Sweet Apple Acres.

-Pinkie Pie IS an apple. It's ambiguous for a reason, and I choose to believe!

-Con Mane exists. Joe's his real name and identity but he assumes the persona of Con Mane to carry out secret tasks on behalf of Equestria and Celestia. Pinkie knew about it because of he limited omniscience and Joe just played dumb.

-Deer are their equivalent to elves and rams, dwarves.

-The land the three tribes left from was the location of the original G1 show.

-The apparent technology difference between Ponyville, Canterlot, and Manehatten is due to majority preference. Ponies that live in Manehatten may grouse and complain about the traffic, but they keep to their modern lifestyle because they really wouldn't be satisfied with anything else. Rarity might chafe under Ponyville's more "charmingly rustic" ways, but in her heart she knows it's home.

-Unicorns tend to have shorter lifespans while earth ponies live twice as longer. Pegasi average between them.

-That pony is the Doctor!

• Brohoof 1

-Unicorns tend to have shorter lifespans while earth ponies live twice as longer. Pegasi average between them.

Rock ponies like the Pies have especially long lifespans, like rocks. Pinkie is an exception however, with a lifespan closer to a balloon...

• Brohoof 1

I would certainly hope not! :(  

She's too zippy, always living life to the fullest every single day, making as much difference in the lives of others as she can without ever taking a break, like a balloon flying around the room and letting all its air out. There's just no way it could last as long as a more relaxed lifestyle.

She's too zippy, always living life to the fullest every single day, making as much difference in the lives of others as she can without ever taking a break, like a balloon flying around the room and letting all its air out. There's just no way it could last as long as a more relaxed lifestyle.

My headcanon is that all of the Elements of Harmony have lengthened lifespans due to their connection to such magics, and Twilight is obviously immortal herself.

So you have your headcanon, I have mine. Pinkie, in my version, isn't going to drop dead, a martyr to her own selflessness.

Edited by Steel Accord

By current estimations, She certainly doesn't seem to be doing so. Her immortality is pretty much canon.

She's been connected to all six Elements for the past 1000 years, and as you say, the elements lengthen the lifespans of the bearers.

Ok, here's another one.

Alicorns aren't nearly as immortal as everyone thinks. The Princess Celestia alive today is the distant descendant of the one who battled Nightmare Moon, Sombre, Tirek, and Discord, which explains her different personality. The Celestia lineage's pure and royal bloodline allows their daughters to look exactly like them and maintain powerful magic power. They always pass on the most important national secrets (such as the elements or knowledge of the crystal empire) to their descendants so that the rule can continue seamlessly as they cycle Celestias.

Luna on the other hand IS the same one from 1000 years ago, having been in stasis while transformed on the moon. Celestia doesn't have the heart to tell her that the sister she betrayed is long dead, so she acts as that sister now to ease Luna's pain over what she did. Luna knows this too, but they don't talk about it, each silently hoping against the odds.

Lots.

Most notably:

Daring Don't was a dream.

Big Mac and Cheerilee are dating.

Simply Rarity.  Nuff said.  Also The Circle of Friends.

Plus I think this is funny.

mlp_headcanon_by_pureawesome101-d7fpbfs.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 3

I think this is rather obvious, but Rainbow Dash has a great big girl crush on Daring Do.  If you focus solely on that, "Daring Don't" makes perfect sense.  It's all about the girlcrush. x3

Rainbow could have easily overtaken Spitfire during the Equestria Games.  She simply chose not to out of respect; first place wasn't worth publicly damaging the image of her idol.  All of this was explained via Rainbow's inner monologue which only I could hear. < _<

Daring Don't was a dream.

A dream come true, maybe. ; )  "Daring Don't" is forever show-canon; I've learned to embrace it in my own unique way. xD

OH, how did I forget this one?  Rainbow Dash is the true central character of the show.  This has become increasingly apparent as her on-screen time increased during seasons three and four.  The Princess Twilight thing was a story arc within the Rainbow Dash show.  Dashie even broke the fourth wall in "Hearth's Warming Eve" to declare that it "should be the Rainbow Dash show!  I'm the star!"

• Brohoof 1

This really shouldn't be a headcanon, but...

Dash is an amateur flier. A prodigy for sure, but she's just a kid, who doesn't practice much. Professional fliers are much faster and more agile than her. Dash is great for her age, but still an amateur.

Oh here's one.

So I'm not opposed to getting on Celestia's case for deciding Twilight's whole life for her without ever telling Twilight or asking her what she wants, but it could have been for a relatively good reason.

I think Sunset started out much the same way as Twilight, but Celestia was much more open and honest with her. She told Sunset that someday she would unlock the elements of harmony, defeat Nightmare Moon, and one day become a princess at Celestia's side. This caused Sunset to think very highly of herself, like she didn't need others, and that she was destined for these things because she deserves it all. So when Celestia tells her that she'd been mistaken, that it was actually this other filly who would wield the elements and become a princess, but that Sunset was more than welcome to remain her top student, Sunset felt betrayed and abandoned her studies.

Fast forward back to Twilight, and Celestia intentionally keeps everything a secret, never telling her what's going on until it happens, because while it's not ethical she knows what the alternative did to her last student and can't risk that again.