Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Dragon Age: Shadows of The Deep Roads [Non-pony/Action/Adventure]

Literally Snails

Name: Tessa
Race: Human
Description: She is a 17 year old girl, 4'5" tall (fairly short). She has long, straight black hair, sky blue iris's, a black long sleeve shirt, blue jeans, and black running shoes. She has, sheathed by her waist, her mothers blade. She also wears a long bright red cape with a yellowish golden 'T' stitched in the middle of it.
Personality: She is VERY carefree, and clumsy. She is, most of the time, oblivious about everything that happens around her. When she goes into battle, she treats it like a game. However, when allies or herself are at risk of death, her personality will almost completely change. She will become more focused and defensive. Thinking of tactical ways to defeat her opponent.
Class: Mage
Specialization: Arcane Warrior
Technique: Elemental magic (Light)
Equipment: A silver sword that increases her speed, and Red cape with a big golden T stitched on the back that allows her to glide for a short amount of time. (please tell me this is allowed :D)
Backstory (in a nutshell): Tessa was a little girl who lived with her mother in a fairly large forest. Every resource such as food and wood would be harvested from the forest. One day Tessa's mother decided to go out to acquire food for dinner. She left tessa home, and told her not to go out because of the dangerous animals that lurked in the area.

A few hours had past and Tessa's mother was still out gathering food. Tessa however became worried, but she obeyed her mothers request to stay indoors. a couple minutes later, Tessa's mother had returned, but she looked distraught. Her mother told Tessa to hide in her room, Tessa didn't understand why, but she obeyed her mother and went to her room.

A large sound could be heard from the outside of the door along with some weird growling sounds. Tessa's mother took out her blade and held it in her hand. Tessa couldn't take it any more, she wanted to know what was happening, so she walked out of her room and shy'd around the corner to spy on her mother. Tessa couldn't believe what she saw, as her mother opened the door, she dashed out hastily, blade in hand.

Tessa followed, but couldn't keep up with her mother. Tessa had run into the forest and became lost. A couple of hours past by and she still couldn't find her mother. She did however find a single rose that looked extremely out of place from everything else. She walked up to it, but only to fall into a pit. Tessa looked and located some sort of crack in the ground with light emitting from it.

Tessa walked up to the light, and suddenly she was pulled into the crack by some sort of sheer force. The crack turned out to be some sort of dimension. She fell through and was knocked out for a while. After a couple of hours, she awoken in a world called, The Fade. Her mothers blade had impaled the ground, and a note was attached to the handle. "I love you." it read.

Tessa took the blade and located a small town of Apostate mages who specialized in spirit magic. They took Tessa in and taught her basic spells, such as a basic healing spell and basic barrier spells. Tessa grew older, but she never grew any taller than 4 feet 5 inches. She trained her magical powers and her art of swordplay, mostly by herself. She even learned her own form of fighting.

Tessa set off by herself in search of her mother, leaving the Apostates and saying goodbye. She even thanked them for what they've done for an outsider like herself. Tessa traveled far until she came across a rather large town where they were holding some sort of tournament for fighters. Tessa found out where to sign up for the tournament. At first, the people who were signing people up refused to let Tessa participate. However she wouldn't shut up about it so they finally let her in after about 2 hours of nagging.

She fought multiple foes, big and small, some were really tough, some were very tactical about what they did. But none of them were a match for Tessa!

Members of the Grey Wardens were a part of the crowd and they witnessed Tessa's abilities. They kept a careful eye on her during the last match. Tessa fought valiantly, but lost and suffered an injury which she quickly healed herself. Tessa was sad that she lost, but she was okay with it because she had fun!

The Grey Wardens walked up to Tessa and talked to her about letting her join them in order to further enhance her fighting capabilities. Tessa gladly accepted and shook the members hand.

Tessa knows that somewhere in this world, her mother lies. The real reason for Tessa joining isn't certain, but she likes to believe its because it may help her find her lost mother. In fact, thats why she left the Apostate village in the first place.

(K done, hopefully I can't be a part of this glorious RP! Also sorry for wall of text Backstory XD)

Edited by Prince Blackquill
  • Brohoof 2

Well, my modem is still down, but I managed to type this up on notepad on my phone... I may come back in and add to it once my computer is working again, wanted to get something submitted though.

Character Sheet:

Name: Ninarya

Race: Dalish Elf

Description: Ninarya is small by human standards, though that makes her about average for an elf. She has long black hair, often kept in a braid that falls down to her shoulders. Has large brown eyes, though they are flecked with spots of gold. Her body is thin and lean, thanks to her time living with the Dalish, she's far from muscular though.

Personality: She's often rather quiet, though this is a conscious effort to try and avoid drawing attention to herself rather than from any degree of shyness. If her opinion is asked on a matter she won't hesitate to speak bluntly, preferring to deal with fact rather than speculation. When left with the option she prefers to stay on the outskirts of a group. While she doesn't do it when she believes others to be watching, it may be possible to catch her sniffing at the air or scratching behind her ears, sort of the way a canine would.

Specialization: Shapeshifter

Technique: Hexes and curses

Equipment: A Dalish Keeper's staff, and furred robes crafted in a Dalish style.

Backstory: Ninarya grew up among a Dalish tribe, and from a young age she was chosen to eventually become the tribe's Keeper. This meant she was taught to use magic by the current Keeper, and she didn't spend much time with the other children her own age.

Eventually she became aware of her natural affinity for shapeshifting magic, and in her free time she would wander out of sight of the camp to practice on her own. Her preferred form to take is that of a large wolf. However one day one of the other children followed her in secret to learn where she'd been going, and the naive young hunter witnessed her transformation and quickly spread the rumor that she was a werewolf.

Ninarya was unable to prove otherwise to these claims - in fact the wolf hair on her clothes and the tracks near the camp worked against her, and soon the entire tribe had turned against the young Mage. Fearing for her life, she fled.

Now by herself, and an apostate elf at that, Ninarya found herself with few options. Fearing both her own people and being found by the Chantry, Ninarya sought out the Grey Wardens. While not her ideal destination, it was certainly better than living a life in fear of being hunted.

Edited by Umbreon

Name: Tessa

Description: She is a 17 year old girl, 4'5" tall (fairly short). She has long, straight black hair, sky blue iris's, a black long sleeve shirt, blue jeans, and black running shoes. She has, sheathed by her waist, her mothers blade. She also wears a long bright red cape with a yellowish golden 'T' stitched in the middle of it.

Personality: She is VERY carefree, and clumsy. She is, most of the time, oblivious about everything that happens around her. When she goes into battle, she treats it like a game. However, when allies or herself are at risk of death, her personality will almost completely change. She will become more focused and defensive. Thinking of tactical ways to defeat her opponent.

Specialization: Arcane Warrior

Technique: Elemental magic (Light)

Equipment: A silver sword that increases her speed, and Red cape with a big golden T stitched on the back that allows her to glide for a short amount of time. (please tell me this is allowed :D)

Backstory (in a nutshell): Tessa was a little girl who lived with her mother in a fairly large forest. Every resource such as food and wood would be harvested from the forest. One day Tessa's mother decided to go out to acquire food for dinner. She left tessa home, and told her not to go out because of the dangerous animals that lurked in the area.

A few hours had past and Tessa's mother was still out gathering food. Tessa however became worried, but she obeyed her mothers request to stay indoors. a couple minutes later, Tessa's mother had returned, but she looked distraught. Her mother told Tessa to hide in her room, Tessa didn't understand why, but she obeyed her mother and went to her room.

A large sound could be heard from the outside of the door along with some weird growling sounds. Tessa's mother took out her blade and held it in her hand. Tessa couldn't take it any more, she wanted to know what was happening, so she walked out of her room and shy'd around the corner to spy on her mother. Tessa couldn't believe what she saw, as her mother opened the door, she dashed out hastily, blade in hand.

Tessa followed, but couldn't keep up with her mother. Tessa had run into the forest and became lost. A couple of hours past by and she still couldn't find her mother. She did however find a single rose that looked extremely out of place from everything else. She walked up to it, but only to fall into a pit. Tessa looked and located some sort of crack in the ground with light emitting from it.

Tessa walked up to the light, and suddenly she was pulled into the crack by some sort of sheer force. The crack turned out to be some sort of dimension. She fell through and was knocked out for a while. After a couple fo hours, she awoken in some sort of strange world. Her mothers blade had impaled the ground, and a note was attached to the handle. "I love you." it read.

Tessa took the blade and located a small town of mages who specialized in light magic. They took Tessa in and taught her basic spells, such as a basic healing spell and even basic combat spells. Tessa grew older, but she never grew any taller than 4 feet 5 inches. She trained her magical powers and her art of swordplay, mostly by herself. She even learned her own form of fighting.

The Grey Wardens found out about Tessa, and invited her to join their clan. Tessa gladly accepted because she thought it would be fun. However, Tessa knows that somewhere in this world, her mother lies. The real reason for Tessa joining isn't certain, but she likes to believe its because it may help her find her lost mother.

(K done, hopefully I can't be a part of this glorious RP! Also sorry for wall of text Backstory XD)

I can see you worked hard on this, but there are a few little problems with it.

- The "Strange World" she woke up in would be called "The Fade" (The land of dreams where demons and spirits live)

- there is no "Light" magic in Dragon Age. The variants of Elemental magic are fire, Rock, Ice, and Lightning. The closest thing to Light magic would be Spirit Magic (Spirit magic has protection and healing spells).

- The Mages of Fereldin do not live in villages because the Chantry believes they should be watched closely. Most Mages are kept in the Circle of Magi, where they can study and learn, but live under the watchful eyes of the templars. Any other Mages are called Apostates and hide from the chantry and the templars (Being a mage kind of sucks, actually). I suggest that you edit her story so that she goes to the circle of Magi for answers, and when the mages realize that she is fluent in magic, they take her in (Somewhat forcefully).

Other than that, I like it!

Well, my modem is still down, but I managed to type this up on notepad on my phone... I may come back in and add to it once my computer is working again, wanted to get something submitted though.

Character Sheet:

Name: Ninarya

Race: Dalish Elf

Description: Ninarya is small by human standards, though that makes her about average for an elf. She has long black hair, often kept in a braid that falls down to her shoulders. Has large brown eyes, though they are flecked with spots of gold. Her body is thin and lean, thanks to her time living with the Dalish, she's far from muscular though.

Personality: She's often rather quiet, though this is a conscious effort to try and avoid drawing attention to herself rather than from any degree of shyness. If her opinion is asked on a matter she won't hesitate to speak bluntly, preferring to deal with fact rather than speculation. When left with the option she prefers to stay on the outskirts of a group. While she doesn't do it when she believes others to be watching, it may be possible to catch her sniffing at the air or scratching behind her ears, sort of the way a canine would.

Specialization: Shapeshifter

Technique: Spirit Magic

Equipment: A Dalish Keeper's staff, and furred robes crafted in a Dalish style.

Backstory: Ninarya grew up among a Dalish tribe, and from a young age she was chosen to eventually become the tribe's Keeper. This meant she was taught to use magic by the current Keeper, and she didn't spend much time with the other children her own age.

Eventually she became aware of her natural affinity for shapeshifting magic, and in her free time she would wander out of sight of the camp to practice on her own. Her preferred form to take is that of a large wolf. However one day one of the other children followed her in secret to learn where she'd been going, and the naive young hunter witnessed her transformation and quickly spread the rumor that she was a werewolf.

Ninarya was unable to prove otherwise to these claims - in fact the wolf hair on her clothes and the tracks near the camp worked against her, and soon the entire tribe had turned against the young Mage. Fearing for her life, she fled.

Now by herself, and an apostate elf at that, Ninarya found herself with few options. Fearing both her own people and being found by the Chantry, Ninarya sought out the Grey Wardens. While not her ideal destination, it was certainly better than living a life in fear of being hunted.

Perfect! I'll accept.

@, Once you make the corrections you need on your OC, I'll let you in.

• Brohoof 1

I know you already have the four players you need, but I spoke to Snails in a PM and he says I can join as a fifth member.

Name: Civera Cosley (I will be referring to her as Civ)

Description: Civ has long, raven black hair and light blue eyes. Her chin and jaw are narrow, making her face look somewhat thin. She is very tall, even able to tower over some men. Her sturdy, robust body allows her to wear heavy plate armor.

Personality: Civ loves and hates her native land of Antiva. In Fereldin, she is mostly just confused and knows little about how to interact. Because she was raised in Antiva, She is used to violence and is perfectly comfortable with things that are considered inappropriate in Fereldin. Despite her manners and her bluntness, Civ is primarily a fighter for justice, especially in a place as corrupt as Antiva.

Class: Warrior

Specialization: Berserker

Technique: Two Handed

Equipment: A Silverite Greatsword, Silverite Plate Armor, casual clothes

Backstory: Civ grew up as an orphan in an Antivan whore house (Which is normal in Antiva) most of her childhood friends were sold to the Antivan Crows, but she was never bought because she lacked the finesse they were looking for. At the age of fourteen, she escaped from the whore house alone with a few stolen silvers and joined a street gang in lower Antiva City.

She left the gang when she was old enough to fight for herself and later found out that a majority of the remaining gang members had been killed by a cell of Antivan Crows.

She began mercenary work, primarily hiring herself out to nobles in need of protection from Crow Assassins. Her only purpose she lived for was to fight the Antivan Crows as much as possible. She blamed them for how corrupt her beloved Antiva had become and for taking away so many of the dear friends.

The Crows took notice of her and she experienced two failed assassination attempts that were directed at her. She intended to continue until they finally killed her, but her reputation also attracted another group when she was recruited to the Grey Wardens.

• Brohoof 1

I know you already have the four players you need, but I spoke to Snails in a PM and he says I can join as a fifth member.

Name: Civera Cosley (I will be referring to her as Civ)

Description: Civ has long, raven black hair and light blue eyes. Her chin and jaw are narrow, making her face look somewhat thin. She is very tall, even able to tower over some men. Her sturdy, robust body allows her to wear heavy plate armor.

Personality: Civ loves and hates her native land of Antiva. In Fereldin, she is mostly just confused and knows little about how to interact. Because she was raised in Antiva, She is used to violence and is perfectly comfortable with things that are considered inappropriate in Fereldin. Despite her manners and her bluntness, Civ is primarily a fighter for justice, especially in a place as corrupt as Antiva.

Class: Warrior

Specialization: Berserker

Technique: Two Handed

Equipment: A Silverite Greatsword, Silverite Plate Armor, casual clothes

Backstory: Civ grew up as an orphan in an Antivan whore house (Which is normal in Antiva) most of her childhood friends were sold to the Antivan Crows, but she was never bought because she lacked the finesse they were looking for. At the age of fourteen, she escaped from the whore house alone with a few stolen silvers and joined a street gang in lower Antiva City.

She left the gang when she was old enough to fight for herself and later found out that a majority of the remaining gang members had been killed by a cell of Antivan Crows.

She began mercenary work, primarily hiring herself out to nobles in need of protection from Crow Assassins. Her only purpose she lived for was to fight the Antivan Crows as much as possible. She blamed them for how corrupt her beloved Antiva had become and for taking away so many of the dear friends.

The Crows took notice of her and she experienced two failed assassination attempts that were directed at her. She intended to continue until they finally killed her, but her reputation also attracted another group when she was recruited to the Grey Wardens.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about you. I'll approve your character.

@@Umbreon,@, @, @,

Okay everybody, We have five people now (Not including me). So, once Blackquill fixes his OC, we'll start. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, if that's the case, we might be waiting for a while. Blackquill hasn't been online for over a day. That's like an eternity in internet time!

I already have the first post written, so as soon as Blackquill gets online, there will be no delay.

@,@@Scrambled_Egghead, @@Umbreon, @,  

Okay everybody, even if  doesn't edit his Oc, we're starting tomorrow.

Edited by Snails

@

Since it just now started and nothing has happened combat-wise yet, is it alright if I change Ninarya's specialization from Spirit Magic to Curses and Hexes?  Since Blackquill's character also seems to use spirit magic, just figured a little diversity wouldn't hurt.

Well excuse me if I lack any knowledge of dragon age. I didn't know there weren't jaguars in the fade. And also u forget that Tessa originally came from another world, one where they DID have barbacues... Another thing is that. If you think Tessa's personality is me 'trolling' or 'not taking this seriously' then you are greatly mistaken. I have even told you about Tessa's carefree and oblivious personality on her character page.

PS. I've never played Dragon Age. I know nothing of Dragon Age. Maybe one day I'll play it. And I joined this RP cause I thought it would be a great RP. That's it >.>

• Brohoof 1

Well excuse me if I lack any knowledge of dragon age. I didn't know there weren't jaguars in the fade. And also u forget that Tessa originally came from another world, one where they DID have barbacues... Another thing is that. If you think Tessa's personality is me 'trolling' or 'not taking this seriously' then you are greatly mistaken. I have even told you about Tessa's carefree and oblivious personality on her character page.

PS. I've never played Dragon Age. I know nothing of Dragon Age. Maybe one day I'll play it. And I joined this RP cause I thought it would be a great RP. That's it >.>

Its a lot like The Lord of the Rings.
  • Brohoof 1

@

Since it just now started and nothing has happened combat-wise yet, is it alright if I change Ninarya's specialization from Spirit Magic to Curses and Hexes?  Since Blackquill's character also seems to use spirit magic, just figured a little diversity wouldn't hurt.

sure.

I had no idea your character was from another world. I thought she was from Fereldin. I'm not sure if I'm okay with her being from another dimension. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm not okay with that. It's okay for your character to be carefree and oblivious. It's not okay for your character to be cartoonishly absurd. A good way for you to think of this is if something is too silly to be in The Lord of The Rings, it's also too silly to be in Dragon Age.

I want you to have fun, but not if it makes the mood of the RP too silly for everyone else.

You can:

- make your character act silly or oblivious

- use that weird cape glider thing

You can't:

- make your character so silly she belongs in a cartoon

- mention or reference anything that does not exist in the Dragon Age universe. (Pop culture, technology, most kinds of food, most animals

- do anything that would be too silly or out of place for something like The Lord of The Rings or any other serious fantasy world like this

sure.

I had no idea your character was from another world. I thought she was from Fereldin. I'm not sure if I'm okay with her being from another dimension. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm not okay with that. It's okay for your character to be carefree and oblivious. It's not okay for your character to be cartoonishly absurd. A good way for you to think of this is if something is too silly to be in The Lord of The Rings, it's also too silly to be in Dragon Age.

I want you to have fun, but not if it makes the mood of the RP too silly for everyone else.

You can:

- make your character act silly or oblivious

- use that weird cape glider thing

You can't:

- make your character so silly she belongs in a cartoon

- mention or reference anything that does not exist in the Dragon Age universe. (Pop culture, technology, most kinds of food, most animals

- do anything that would be too silly or out of place for something like The Lord of The Rings or any other serious fantasy world like this

1: alright fine. I'll tone down her personality. Heh, never actually had anyone complain about Tessa's insane personality.

2: can I use the word 'roast' then? If I can at least use words like that then I'm fine with ditching barbacues and other words like that.

3: Honestly never watched LotR but like I said, I'll try to tone down Tessa's insane personality.

Also your right that jaguars dont exist there. But Red Lions do >: )

most animals

Just remember that there are no horses in Fereldin.

Not important, and only saying this because I'm weird and small details like that start to bug me, but just thought I'd mention Ferelden does have horses...  They just don't show up in any of the games.  I've been doing a new replay of Origins to keep me held over until Inquisition though, and at the Dalish camp, the Halla keeper mentions them.

Something along the lines of "The Halla are our friends and allies.  They're not servants, like the human's horses."

;) 

• 2 weeks later...

That moment when you computer decides one day

"HUH, you know what! Its a pretty nice day today, the sun is shining (it was raining) the birds are chirping (they werent) and i feel dandy today. So you know what im gonna do? Im gona surprise Prince and clean EVERYTHING ON HIS COMPUTER without asking him."

So yeah, my PC decided with was THE WORD GRAND idea to System restore and delete all my shit on my computer... and thats why i havent been on in a while.

That moment when you computer decides one day

"HUH, you know what! Its a pretty nice day today, the sun is shining (it was raining) the birds are chirping (they werent) and i feel dandy today. So you know what im gonna do? Im gona surprise Prince and clean EVERYTHING ON HIS COMPUTER without asking him."

So yeah, my PC decided with was THE WORD GRAND idea to System restore and delete all my shit on my computer... and thats why i havent been on in a while.

Dude... Your computer is a dick! D: