Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do you still play video games from your childhood?

Odyssey

Heck yeah I do! Especially the old Spyro games (I admit I play the new stuff like Skylanders, but it's not quite the same...) In fact, I played some yesterday. It will always be in my heart, and a huge part of my childhood. :D

Yep... That's why I bought my AGS-101 GBA-SP. It plays all the gameboy games from my childhood. Pokemon generations 1-3, Wario Land, Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Super Mario World... I kept all the games from my childhood; I'm very happy that I never traded them to gamestop for $3. I play them when I get the chance. I'm doing a Leaf Green nuzlocke right now and just beat Misty.

I also bought a Nintendo 64 from Value Village. My parents threw away my old console long ago and I found one in fantastic condition. I sometimes play paper mario and pokemon snap on it.

Edited by Celtore

I still own every game I've ever owned, so yes. When I'm in the mood for it anyway. I typically try to play games I've never played before more often.

But sometimes you just get that itch to pop in a game you've beaten ten times already. (As an RPG player, that's a lot of times. :lol: )

Edited by Discordian

I was born in 1985 (the true birth of Nintendo and the Resurrection of video games itself) ......(also marty went back into the past with the worlds first time machine) so I grew up in what was the most magical year to grow up in. The perfect age to be interested in not only all of the greatest video games but toys,commercials and so on! 

I grew up when the NES was still kicking, When the SNES was GOD...like If Nintendo had a system with games on it as good as the SNES and a system as amazing as the NES was. PS4 and Xbone would not stand a chance.

Games I play are basically every last great game from Nes-64 and Deus Ex for PC.

Mario

Golgo 13

Kung fu

Double Dragon

Ninja Turtle Games (yeah, They used to be some of the best games ever). 

The goonies II

These are just a few I play. 

Oh yeah definitely! Gameboy, GameCube, N64, even the little arcade games that came in these cartages you stuck in the simple joystick controller. It was the fun ball joysticks with like two buttons. Those had fun games! Like frogger. I never owned an actual NES but I still have some classics. Even the very first Mario! I play them to date and they're still fun!

I think a reason for my obsession with them lately though is just the fact the newest installments like Mario Kart 8 come out soon, and they

brought some N64 retro courses back

which have made me pumped to play the old one again. :P

Edited by FeIix

Yeah, I re-played Matrix, or Enter the Matrix.. and it was pretty good.

At the risk of dating myself horribly, I will say that, no, I do not play video games from my childhood any more.

My Atari 2600 no longer functions.

Edited by Red Cedar

Yes, I was actually going to build a huge retro game room but I became ill after I began working on it, but now i'm a bit better I might start making it again. 

So far the room has heating, electricity and a few consoles but my plan is to also have a snack bar and correct storing equipment.

• 4 years later...

Absolutely. I spent a lot time with more recent games, but sometimes it's just fun to go back to the older ones and relive the nostalgia.

Edited by Cash_In

If it were for me, I’d play almost exclusively my classic games, but I have all my old consoles in my old home at the moment. I’m planning to bring them to me in the future, but I have priorities at the moment

On occasion, yes. :darling: To be quite honest, however... I usually stick to more recent titles. While older games may have nostalgia and an overall feeling of comfort, newer releases are much more interesting.