Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Evil Pinkie Pie popular in the fandom?

CosmicHooves

The Pinkamena look, looks like a crazed killer. It's the one that does, so it's fun to play off it, plus she's crazy 24/7. Twilight just looks like she's lost her marbles, like a mental paitent.

• Brohoof 1

'Cupcakes' aside, a few fans of considered Pinkie to have been shown to be of questionable mental health or downright insensitive at times in these episodes;

Season 1

'Party of One' was the first instance in the show where she has a mental breakdown because she thought her friends had abandoned and where conspiring against her to the point where she interrogated Spike, and had a full dinner party conversation with inanimate objects.

Season 2

'Luna Eclipsed' she kept terrifying the children whenever they ran into Luna (granted she may not have known what Luna was going through at the time.)

'The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000' she camped out to be first in line to get the cider but invited seemingly everyone EXCEPT Rainbow Dash, despite knowing how much she loved it and bought a few dozen mugs of cider for herself despite knowing that everyone wants some and the Apples have a limited supply since they always run out every year-leading some to believe these actions were done with malicious intent-until the end.

'A Friend in Deed' Pinkie's insensitivity about Cranky's baldness after losing his toupee, by announcing it to the entire town via megaphone.

Season 4:

'Filli Vanilli' a lot of fans were none too pleased with Pinkie's 'encouragement' of Fluttershy, reminding her of her phobia and the fact that ponies would constantly be watching, listening to, and judging her as well as he "you kind of sounded like a dude" comment and persisting even after driving Fluttershy to run away in tears, while previously showing great foresight and respect for her sensitivity by avoiding a prank in 'Griffon the Brush Off'.

I believe that these examples are sometimes used as an excuse, inspiration, or reinforcement to portray her in such a light.
Edited by TimeLordRainbowDash
  • Brohoof 3

Are you talking about the Pinkamena we do NOT know and love? If so then I have no idea. Maybe those users who are into grimdark stories like her. Me? I like the Pinkie Pie that makes all of us happy.

• Brohoof 3

They stereotype Pinkie Pie in this way because a psychotic murderous Sweeney-Todd Cupcakes Joker Baker would be more entertaining than Rainbow Dash or Applejack secrety being serial killers, to them.

Come on, it'd be much for likely for Applejack to 'Do whatever it takes to protect the Apple Family', even if it meant beating Flim and Flam to death and burying them somewhere in Sweet Apple Acres. ...I call dibs on writing that FimFic. I also call dibs on Lightning Dust secretly being a murderous sociopath that 'Takes out the competition' in the evillest way possible, or goes after Rainbow Dash for revenge and kills her Dexter-style.

I call dibs on both of those ideas. If I ever run out of things to write, and I write those fics just to see how they'd turn out, I mean.

"Evil Pinkie Pie" is popular because it's fun to take a good upstanding character and make them twisted for a while. Evil Fluttershy/"you're going to love me!" is popular for the same reason. Also, Pinkie's behavior when she's in Pinkamena mode may be disturbing, but it's also hilarious. The freaky grin, the talking to inanimate objects, etc.

I'd like to see the writers do a bit more with Pinkamena. One more appearance would be nice.

Pinkie Pie is,on my opinion,one od the most complex charactwrs of the show,because Pinkie is shown on multiple ocasions with mental breakdowns(Pinkamena),or even being insensitive(A Friend in Deed),or even being even more insensitive(Fili Vanili)

Season 1

'Party of One' was the first instance in the show where she has a mental breakdown because she thought her friends had abandoned and where conspiring against her to the point where she interrogated Spike, and had a full dinner party conversation with inanimate objects.

Season 2

'Luna Eclipsed' she kept terrifying the children whenever they ran into Luna (granted she may not have known what Luna was going through at the time.)

'The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000' she camped out to be first in line to get the cider but invited seemingly everyone EXCEPT Rainbow Dash, despite knowing how much she loved it and bought a few dozen mugs of cider for herself despite knowing that everyone wants some and the Apples have a limited supply since they always run out every year-leading some to believe these actions were done with malicious intent-until the end.

'A Friend in Deed' Pinkie's insensitivity about Cranky's baldness after losing his toupee, by announcing it to the entire town via megaphone.

Season 4:

'Filli Vanilli' a lot of fans were none too pleased with Pinkie's 'encouragement' of Fluttershy, reminding her of her phobia and the fact that ponies would constantly be watching, listening to, and judging her as well as he "you kind of sounded like a dude" comment and persisting even after driving Fluttershy to run away in tears, while previously showing great foresight and respect for her sensitivity by avoiding a prank in 'Griffon the Brush Off'.

Exactly like TimeLordRainbowDash said,Pinkie Pie suffers multiple mental disorders,that i'm not going to relate with the Asperger Syndrome,pr even with any kind of autism,for respect,but if I started to analyze more deeply her personality,there would be traits of her personality that could be related with an Asperger Syndrome(uncapabiloty of understand the other's feelings,anyone?) -_-

But sorry,i've came off topic accidentaly :P

The reason of why people likes her is,on my opinion,that is the definitive fact of that this show is not only for little girls. :catface:

As we watch the show from the beggining,we see certain situations that there're not exactly targetteg towards little girls,if they're seen by an adult.Pinkie Pie's breakdown is,on my opinion,the definitive fact that the characters from the show aren't stereothypical girls. :D

If you don't believe me,watch other generations.Do they have characters as complex as the characters from

the gen 4,or,in this case,as Pinkie Pie? :o

Edited by Lightwing
  • Brohoof 1

It is just another example of fans being given an inch and taking a mile for fun. Pinkie Pie has a meltdown in Party of One and it is very easy to really stretch something like that. It is really done more of as a joke, granted a very dark joke but still a joke. Even most of the writers of those fanfics depicting Pinkie Pie as a demented psycho know she is not really like that in the show, I know she is not like that but I found Cupcakes to be hilarious because it is so ridiculously over the top and out of character but in its own twisted way worked.

You think Cupcakes was hilariously over the top and out of character? Just wait till' you see Smile HD! Edited by ShadowPirateX
  • Brohoof 1

The best evil is a remorseless evil, or evil with a smile on its face. That's why the Joker is such a lovable character, we love to loathe him. Pinkie Pie is the perfect cover pony she doesn't look like a killer, which fools everypony. For example, did you know the Ed Gein, the inspiration for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies also babysat children at his house, where not a few meters in his shed were skin upholstered chairs, face masks, carved off cleavage, skull bowls, to name a few. And yet this man took care of children... So if it happens in real life, why not in MLP? Most of it's slice of life anyway right? So things like Cupcakes are normal and make sense if you're making slice of life stories. Man I should go over to Plainfield sometime... sounds like an interesting place to go to without going out of state.

• 6 years later...
On 4/18/2014 at 1:08 AM, CosmicHooves said:

People have seemed to stereotype Pinkie Pie.

Let me guess, this all started at 4chan? Well, that's your answer. With no limits, the coolest way to exist is to do the absolutely worst thing possible.

Otherwise, why would older men like a cartoon show if it didn't have gory violence in it? Why would older men like cute ponies if they weren't overly sexified?

This is definitely the product of the people on the Internet who need to validate themselves as creeps, to protect their image, which in fact is being creeps in the first place.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Why people hate evil Pinkie:(

She's more interesting character than original Pinkie despite her being in only one episode. And Pinkie's character inconsistency can be interpreted as a mental issues

Edited by Vefka
  • Brohoof 1