Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open (This RP IS CLOSED) Welcome to the Grand Galloping Gala!

Lightning Bliss

Bliss slowly got up as Luna fluttered back to the castle and the guards disperesed along with Steel vanishing and Grell trotting off into the night. "Great..." she snorted, "some gala this turned out to be..." She lowered her head and began to walk away towards the castle, when she spoted a glimpse of lightning at the corner of her eye.

"There shouldn't be any storms tonight, Princess Luna specifically ordered the weather pony teams no storms on the night of the gala!" She fluttered up and headed towards the direction of where the bolt came from, hoping it was just a rogue cloud that needed to be pushed away, when suddenly she spotted the source. It was another pegasus stallion, seeming to be conducting some kind of weather experiment. He was alone and seemed to be enjoying his time alone. However...after what just happened with the magic performance and Luna's firm orders for no more magic use or off activities, she felt the need to warn the stallion before he was spotted by any guards.

@,

"Um...excuse me? Sir?" The small white alicorn fluttered down catiously towards the stallion, landing just a few feet away on the edge of the balcony, "I'm...ss-ssorry to disturbe your evening but... Princess Luna has requested no mischief or magic use during the night of the Gala...I hope you understand?" She pawed the ground looking horribly nervous and misserable.

Midnight heard a voice request that he not use magic, he turned around and saw a white alicorn sitting there looking quite nervous "of course I understand" he said quite calmly although in his mind he was freaking out "BUCK! What if she saw that I'm a pegasus, she'll start to ask questions that I can't awnser because I haven't entirely figured them out myself, then when I can't awnser them she'll assume that I'm some sort of enemy to equestria and call on the guards, then I'll be thrown in a dungeon, or banished, or both!" "or maybe she hasn't got a good enough look at me yet to tell that I'm not an alicorn or just not seen my wings." The second theory seemed more likely but he wasn't going to risk being tossed in a dungeon anyway "LOOK! A DIVERSION!" He yelled and pointed at nothing in particular, as soon as she looked he flew at top speed to the VIP area where the wonder bolts had ignored his electro boom earlier. He just hoped that she wouldn't try to track him down, thinking that he was a spy of some kind, and give the guards permission to use leathal force.

@,

"Huh what?" She looked at what he was pointing, only to realize he did that on purpose and flew away. She watched him leave abruptly...wondering why would the pegasus go through the trouble to throw her off like that. "Well...that wasn't...expected...Ya...guess I'm not really worthy of talking to any pony after tonight..." She hopped down from the balcony and went to where he orginally stood, seeming to look like a good spot to sulk. She stared up at the night sky and slowly began to sob...feeling like even though she was toughing things out like she said to Luna she would...really all she wanted to do was go back home with her husband.

"I just...wish...things could go right with me...for once..." she sniffed and sobbed into her hooves, then slowly lifted her head up to the stary sky once more. "I wonder if I really can make wishes on you things up there..." She wiped her nose with a hoof, then took a breath, "I know it's probably not fair of me to be wishing on you stars tonight...I should be grateful for what I have...and who I am...but...I don't feel like I...deserve any of it...any of this... I just...wish that...just this once..." she sobbed heavier, "by the Princesses rule...that I just...once...have a royal night...where everything...goes right for once..."

(edited)

Midnight looked back in fear that she may be suspicious of him and following behind, only to realize that she was sobbing just below the balcony. He wanted to help but didnt really understand what the problem was, then he thought, maybe she thought that he avoided talking to her because of her slightly "different" appearance. "If only she knew me better" he said "she'd know that I would never avoid anypony because of something as petty as looks" he knew he should try to comfort her but didn't really know the best way to go about it. Well they didn't call him midnight for nothing, he flew up to the stars and rearranged them, he didnt think that Princess Luna would be too happy with him for doing that but he didnt care about her right now, when he was done the stars spelled: "I'm sorry for running away, it wasn't because of what you may think it was because of. I want you to know that you seem like a pretty awesome princess and I would never judge a pony based on something like looks." He flew back down and put a wing around her, he looked at the sky and realized how high up he had been, from the ground it just looked like a bunch of clumps of stars arranged in lines of various length. He thought that it was for the best, the more he thought about it the cheesier it sounded. He wondered if maybe he was acting too fast putting a wing around her and quickly removed it. He asked her why she was so sad and to please stop crying, it for some reason it almost physically hurt him whenever he saw mares crying.

Edited by Rainbro dash 16
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@,

Drakk was trotting very slowly to Canterlot, exhausted from the long journey he had gone with Drake, his buddy dragon, which was sleeping on his Drakk's back, which didnt help matters. He could see lights in the distance, seemingly like a party was being held."Wait, is it someponies birthday today?" Said Drakk to himself. He was wondering why there was a party, but at the same time if he would even visit it. But he was to exhausted to think much, so he just tried to use the last of his magic to teleport to the front gate. But right at the time he would cast the spell, Drake woke up, and jumped a little while screaming lightly. Drakk got startled by this and caused the teleport to fail, moving both of them infront of a crowd.AHHH WHERE AM I!? DONT DIE ON ME DRAKK!!!" Screamed Drake, which caught the attention of everypony around them."It was a dream, Drake. Nothing happened."

Drakk told his companion. He took a look around to see where he had ended up, and he immediately recognized a pony he had met awhile ago, an old friend

"Hey! Midnight! Remember me?" Drakk told the pony he saw, with a slightly exhausted voice.

Edited by Bradley

@Bradley

Midnight couldn't seem to get the white alicorn to stop crying and it was getting a bit annoyed, although he knew losing his temper at an already sad mare would feel awful but he just couldn't get her to at least look up and was almost at the breaking point. Then he heard the voice of an old friend, "hey! midnight! Remember me?" Said drakk as midnight looked down "of course I do!" He replied and flew down to meet his old friend "I just hope you didn't have any more trouble with snakes on the way here" he said jokingly, remembering when drakk collapsed in the tavern a while ago. "Come with me" midnight said leading drakk into the gala "is it somepony's birthday?" Asked drakk when they got into the gala, midnight looked at him with a surprised look on his face "you're joking, right?" Midnight asked. Drakk shook his head no, "this is THE GRAND GALLOPING GALA!" Midnight yelled at drakk "oh" said drakk although you could tell that didnt mean as much to him as it did midnight but then again, that scroll that drakk had in the tavern didnt seem like anything special to midnight so he wasn't one to judge

((Btw nice new username, while I was writing this I kept getting texts from my best friend who is named Bradley))

(edited)

@,

Drakk followed Midnight as he asked some questions."So, the Gala is today? Hmm, didnt know. Well it doesnt really bother me much either, im not really fond of parties. I just came from a long journey, and i just wanted to get some rest"Drakk told Midnight."Well i have no trouble being here!"Said Drake really happily."Well, atleast you're happy" Said Drakk."Oh yeah, Midnight, meet Drake. My companion dragon, always loyal and happy"Drakk told Midnight, while pointing to the dragon on his back."Yeah, im always there for Drakk! Saving his life and being a hero!"Drake continued."Even though hes a burden sometimes, hes nice to have around."Drakk said."Hey! Not my fault im sleepy most of the time!"Drake said.

Drakk continues to follow Midnight into the Gala."Hey, have you seen the Mare who helped me before? I would like to thank her"

Drakk told Midnight."She helped me greatly with something i couldnt accomplish, so i would like to give her a gift i got at my latest adventure in Fillydelphia"Said Drakk."You never did tell me anything about that, what happened?"Drake said."I'll tell ya later"Drakk responded

Edited by Bradley

(edited)

@, @,

Bliss was about to go on a rant to the new comer stallion pony of why she was upset in the first place, not that her problems were in the least about him but how her time was going at the gala. But just as she was about to speak, he took off to the ground to speak with a friend of his...

Dissapointed and frustrated enough as it was. She didn't bother to stick around knowing if she really wanted to be comfort, it was her true friends that she needed to be around. She sighed and stood up, focused her magic, and teleported back to the ball room of the castle, where she left Volt and Polaris behind.

@@Polaris, @@Doc. Volt

"I'm.." she sniffed feeling guilty for leaving her two friends behind so abruptly, "Polaris...Volt... I'm sorry, everythings ok now. Luna managed to sort everything..." She lowered her head and went to a table to sit down, hoping her two friends would follow her. "I just...I've been hating this night... It feels like bad things keep overwhelming what little enjoyment I've been getting out of this night...Tell me...is there something we can do? To help change this?"

Edited by DashForever
Replying to hidden post

@Bradley midnight looked at drake "cool" he said "how can I get a companion dragon?" he asked "first that unicorn mare next door and now you?" I'm jealous then as midnight was about to awnser no to drakk's question about the mare who helped him to the hospital that night he realized that it was the alicorn he had just been trying to comfort "BUCK!" He cursed "I was just with her, I must seem quite rude to her by now" when drakk asked why midnight responded "well first I need to tell you a secret in private so nopony will hear" midnight lead drakk outside to the royal garden where nopony would be. After checking the perimeter of the garden for ponys he leaned in close to drakk and whispered "I found a way for pegasi to use magic" when drakk got a confused look on his face midnight rolled his eyes and looked at a stick on the ground, drakk turned around and looked too. midnight closed his eyes and concentrated, his wings and the stick were both surrounded with a dark blue aura and it began to levitate, he put it back down. Drakk looked at midnight with a look of surprise on his face "THAT'S AMASING!" he said "why did it need to be such a big secret, you need to share this with everypony!" He said and midnight replied "it needs to be such a big secret because I haven't figured out its full power, wings are much bigger than horns and based on my studies pegasi actually have more magical ability than unicorns. What if somepony tries to use a simple unicorn spell and ends up WAY overdoing it, like that cloning spell you tried, what if instead of making 1 colt version of yourself you made 15 and had to track them ALL down" "oh" said drakk. Midnight explained about how he freaked out and flew away when the alicorn requested that he not use magic and how he thought she got the wrong idea about him running away and tried to resolve it with the re-arranged stars then just as she was about to tell him drakk came and she probably thought that now he was just toying with her by now so he wasn't even going to try to comfort her again. He lead drakk and drake back into the gala and asked how to get a companion dragon.

@,

*OOC* Could you please not talk for Drakk? : P, also, im gonna start to when you took Drakk to the gardens *OOC*

Drakk wondered what this 'Secret' Midnight was talking about was. He followed Midnight to the gardens. Midnight seemed to take a look around right before telling Drakk that pegasi can use magic too. Drakk, got surprised of course, and watched as Midnight levitated a stick."That...Wait..." Said Drakk, clearly confused."That...Is...AMAZING! I wonder if Dragons can use magic too!"Drake screamed lightly."Midnight, would you kindly allow me to do some experiments on you? Basicly, test you and see what the cause of this is."Drakk told Midnight, with a worrying voice."You know that this isnt normal, you could be cursed. It might seem good now, but later on, it could corrupt you. I really need to run some tests on you, just to check if there are any side effects, and what could possibly be the cause of this. It could be really, really dangerous, and i should know. I have studied magic most of my life. Quick, follow me, i have to ask Luna if we could get a room so i can run the tests." Said Drakk. " I would think it would be the best to do, dont you? If it is something dangerous, it could either corrupt you, or hurt you badly. So quick, we have to find Luna. Any idea where she could be?"

(edited)

@Bradley ((alright I won't talk for drakk))

Midnight seemed to enjoy the way his friend was reacting "no I'm not cursed drakk" midnight said "I did my own tests on some entirely normal pegasi and they all have the ability to use magic, although I haven't told them of course" drakk seemed confused so midnight explained

((You can skip this part if you want, it may get a bit confusing))

"your horn is a differant type of bone directly connected to your brain through your skull, the size of a unicorns horn shows how much magic ability he or she has, a unicorn's horn grows at about the same rate as their mane, if a unicorn lets their horn grow too long it may be interpreted as a challenge to one of the princesses which is why most unicorns practice horn-filing. A pegasi's wing is made of the same type of bone as a unicorn's horn and is connected to the brain via the spinal chord, but a wing is much bigger than a horn, giving pegasi more magical ability than most unicorns."

((Alright, it's over))

When midnight finished his speech the blank look on his friends face reminded him that most ponys didn't study anatomy as much as him. "fine, lets go find Luna, but I'm telling you I'm normal" midnight said

Edited by Rainbro dash 16

@,

"Good, Lets Go!" Drakk said lightly, and began trotting over to the castle. Drake's face was stuck in a confused look, from Midnight long speak. Drake seemingly didnt understand one single word Midnight spoke."Drakk... What just happened?"Drake told Drakk."Dont worry Drake. You can go back to sleep if you want.Also, Midnight. I do know the Anatomy of Ponies. How did i know you thought i didnt? No need to ask, a special talent of mine. Anyways, yes, the wing bone is connected to the brain on some pegasi, but not all. And i do know some pegasi who do have their wing bone connected to the brain, but still unable to perform magic. When i think about it, i did do a experiment on this, but it wasnt successfull. The pegasus i did the tests on was not able to perform magic. Thats why i was confused when you did." Drakk said, as a speech of his own. Drakk immediately stopped, followed by a gasp."I know the cause of you being able to use magic! Quick, we HAVE to find Luna! I need a room to check your brain in, maybe the old interrogation room? The surgery room?"Drakk mumbled as he continued to trot into the castle."Come on Midnight! We have to find Luna!" Drakk said loudly, looking at Midnight.

Midnight and drakk were trotting through the castle taking to each other about pegasus magic when drakk seemed to realize what the cause was he got really exited and spoke so fast that if you wrote it down there would be no spaces in his words "Iknowthecauseofyoubeingabletousemagic!quick,weHAVEtofindLuna" midnight looked at drakk quizzically along with drake who was a pretty confused already "drakk, I think your getting so exited time is going slower for you, you just stay here. drake, can you try to calm him down while I find Luna?" Midnight said and flew off leaving a lightning bolt in between two streaks of dark blue behind him. Midnight flew around the entire castle, grabbing the attention of the wonder bolts as he flew over them, this left his coulorful co-worker quite annoyed, she had just started a conversation with spitfire. After flying through the entire castle midnight took a break in the mane hall and immediatly felt stupid, Luna had been greeting guests with celestia there all night. He flew back to a now calm drakk and an asleep drake. he picked up drakk with drake on his back and flew them all to Luna, he let drakk do the taking and they got a room

((Since it was your OC doing the talking i'll let you decide what room we get))

@,

Drakk was so busy mumbling to himself that he didnt notice Midnight take off."Hey, Drakk! Stop it! You're doing it again!"Said Drake, while he smacked Drakk's head a little so he would wake up."Hey! What was that for!... And where's Midnight?"Drakk said."You were mumbling to yourself again. And Midnight flew off to find Luna."Drake responded. Drakk looked around."Well, i guess all i can do now is wait."Drakk said."Well, while you're doing that, im going to sleep!"Said Drake, while he made a comfortable spot on Drakk's back and napped."Well, he is a baby dragon after all..."Said Drakk to himself. He waited for awhile until Midnight flew back."Found Luna?"Drakk asked. Midnight nodded. Midnight flew Drakk and Drake over to Luna, which was greeting the guests with Celestia.

"Hey, Luna. Sorry for disturbing you but i need to use that Surgery room for testing." Drakk told Luna after Midnight flew them there.

Luna sighed."Uhh, what happened this time?"Luna asked Drakk."I got some testing to do on this 'volunteering' pegasus"Drakk responded."Luna? Whats are you two talking about?"Celestia asked."Its Drakk again, he wants to use that old 'surgery' room to run some tests."Luna replied."Again? Whats it about this time?"Celestia asked."He wants to run some tests on this pegasus. Well we have no time for an hour long discussion like last time. Go on, Drakk, you know where it is."Luna said.They both went back to greeting the guests."Well, lets go then. Come on, Midnight. Its right down those stairs over there, in the dungeons."Drakk told Midnight as he trotted over to the stairs.

@Bradley

Midnight was beginning to wonder what kind of "tests" drakk was going to do on him, they were going to a place called the surgery room in the dungeons, which does not sound like a place most ponys want to be during the grand galloping gala. "Don't worry" said one half of his mind "you escaped that crazy pony that tried to make you into cupcakes, and I have a feeling that if we're going to a surgery room it may end up being simalar to that." "or" said the other half of his mind "it could turn out that one of your most trusted friends dosnt want to cut your wings off with a dull hacksaw and use you as an ingerediant in cupcakes." "hey I can't help it if getting tied down and having some mare try her hand at surgery on me makes me a bit nervous about these kinds of things" "oh look we're here" midnight said to both halves of his mind before they made him relive every grim detail of that one rather unpleasant experience "hey drakk" said midnight "what kind of tests are we going to be doing anyway?" Drake woke up just when midnight asked that question and stared freaking out, which he could understand, he would do the same thing if he woke up in a dungeon corridor "and how do you know princess Luna?" midnight added to the question

@,

Drakk kept trotting through the dungeons, closing in on the old surgery room to do those tests on Midnight, which was following him.'Hmm, hopefully he doesnt think im gonna turn him into cupcakes, like one of my friends likes to do on random ponies...' Drakk thought to himself. Drake, which was sleeping and snoring on Drakk's back was getting heavy. Drakk had half a mind to wake him up, just to make him walk instead of sleeping on Drakk's back. When they reached the Surgery room, which was dark, and looked like it hadnt been used for years. Even though Drakk was using it just last summer. When Drakk was about to go into it, Midnight asked something."Hey Drakk, what kind of tests are we doing to do here anyway?" Just as he said that, Drake woke up with terror on his face, seemingly terrified of where he had woken up. He was in the dungeons, after all. Drakk turned around, and stared into Midnight's eyes. Drakk felt every single thought of Midnight flowing through Drakk's mind. He saw that Midnight felt uneasy, and was scared that i would cut him up, paranoid of what once happened to him, but he managed to escape that. Drakk stopped staring into his eyes."And how do you know Luna?"Midnight added to his question."Dont worry, these 'tests' dont involve cutting off your wings and turning them into cupcakes. Im not a psychopath like my friend is." Drakk said."Even though these tests involve slicing a part of you open, just to look inside, then sew it up again, it doesnt involve hurting you, bud." Drakk told Midnight."And how i met Luna... Lets just say that i have history with the 2 royal sisters."Drakk answered his question."Anyways, come on in. We..I, have a lot to do. Just lie down on that thing over there, and relax. I'll do the rest. And remember, im NOT gonna hurt you. I can even Pinkie Promise on that."Drakk said."Hopefully he knows what a pinkie promise is..." Drakk said quietly."Drakk... Not here again...I hate this place...And you know i do. It gives me the creeps."Drake said."Dont worry Drake. We wont be here long."Drakk responded