S04:E22 - Trade Ya  

264 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

The little pony's tail wagging to get Twilight Sparkle to autograph was soooo cute!

I found it to be an enjoyable episode overall, although it didn't leave too large of an impression on me. Really, I'm kind of shocked it didn't, because usually I'm all over episodes with all of the characters in them, and this one was full of fun and humorous interactions.

I'll watch it again later.

Edited by Envy

This episode was fun from beginning to end, although, I'll have to take Pinkie Pie's behavior in this episode to a questionable level. Other than that, the shippers were in full pursuit in their shippings, a Bioshock Infinite reference, and Twilight accepting the modesty from other ponies about her princess role than a crowd of fillies and colts surrounding her on all sides.

A fun, heartwarming episode. Rainbow Dash trading Fluttershy for the Daring Do book, did rub me the wrong way, but it wasn't unrealistic. The competition for best face continues. 

tumblr_lekl2t3rya1qet2v6o1_500.gif

Is this the episode where Hasbro (knowingly or unknowingly) allows Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash to become couples? If you look at the incidents, words and animation between the two it is an easy assumption to make. I think it is about time, there are many "messages" for the viewers that relate to real world problems, relationships between girls is one of them.

Was anyone else hoping that the beast farmers voice would be kratos. When he spoke I was like noooooo that coulda been so epic.

If Terrence C. Carson had Canadian Citizenship, then they would have gotten him to voice.

If Terrence C. Carson had Canadian Citizenship, then they would have gotten him to voice.

I guess but what does having a citizenship got to do with it? Figured if they coulda gotten him they coulda sent him up there or just recorded in the states then sent it up. Eh woulda been awesome but it didn't take away from the enjoyment of the episode plus we got a bioshock reference.

I guess but what does having a citizenship got to do with it? Figured if they coulda gotten him they coulda sent him up there or just recorded in the states then sent it up. Eh woulda been awesome but it didn't take away from the enjoyment of the episode plus we got a bioshock reference.

Due to the series' production being managed in Canada, it is law that any voice actor working for a television show must be a citizen of Canada in order to work.

I HATED this episode...

Great, MORE hate for fans to pile onto Rainbow Dash and, thanks Scott Sonneborn! (Not that Pinkie was much better.)

She can teach the Wonderbolts how important it is not to abandon her friends, but when it comes to getting an special edition 'Daring Do' book it's perfectly reasonable for the Element of LOYALTY to sell them into slavery!

"My hooves are tied."

SERIOUSLY TWILIGHT!?

What kind of Princess are you? Based on that kind of logic, Sombra should never have been punished because his slaves thought he was a fair king 'at first'.

Also, has Pinkie been taking salesman lessons from Flim and Flam?

The ONLY positive thing I can say about this episode is that it WASN'T 'Rainbow Falls', but that still leaves it as the second worst of the season by my ranking.

Does anyone else find it ironic that both of these episodes take place at Rainbow Falls?

Edited by TimeLordRainbowDash
  • Brohoof 1

I'm very sure the Rarijack and ShyDash(or whatevs the 'official' shipping name is...) shippers went CRAZY over this one!

I mean, I could almost swear they were flirting with each other! And the snuggle pretty much tied the whole thing together.

Plus, there's been two instances where RD has seemed to 'kiss' Flutters. I really wonder if they'll make YTPs out of that scene.

Due to the series' production being managed in Canada, it is law that any voice actor working for a television show must be a citizen of Canada in order to work.

That would make sense to me if I had not just watched an episode with wierd all American voice actor/singer/comedian play a much more major role as cheese sandwich. I'm not arguing with you just doesn't make much sense.

Also can't forget about a major character discord voiced by John de Lancie.

Edited by Digit

I HATED this episode...

Great, MORE hate for fans to pile onto Rainbow Dash and, thanks Scott Sonneborn! (Not that Pinkie was much better.)

She can teach the Wonderbolts how important it is not to abandon her friends, but when it comes to getting an special edition 'Daring Do' book it's perfectly reasonable for the Element of LOYALTY to sell them into slavery!

"My hooves are tied."

SERIOUSLY TWILIGHT!?

What kind of Princess are you? Based on that kind of logic, Sombra should never have been punished because his slaves thought he was a fair king 'at first'.

Also, has Pinkie been taking salesman lessons from Flim and Flam?

The ONLY positive thing I can say about this episode is that it WASN'T 'Rainbow Falls', but that still leaves it as the second worst of the season by my ranking.

Does anyone else find it ironic that both of these episodes take place at Rainbow Falls?

I kind of know how you feel :P Though my biggest problem was Fluttershy, not Rainbow Dash. On the other hand, while I had no problem with Rainbow's behaviour (after all, she was quick to realize her mistake and tried to fix it), I still think that the whole conflict between her and Flutters could have been handled much better and in more interesting way. 

I feel kinda torn. This episode was full of great expressions, references and had some good lines, but in the end conflicts were rather weak and as I stated before - Fluttershy's behaviour didn't make sense, especially considering that she allegedly learned something about being too kind and letting others decide about her only a few episodes ago.

Edited by Anilewe

That would make sense to me if I had not just watched an episode with wierd all American voice actor/singer/comedian play a much more major role as cheese sandwich. I'm not arguing with you just doesn't make much sense.

Also can't forget about a major character discord voiced by John de Lancie.

Canada does allow dual citizenship.

Edited by Singe

Canada does allow dual citizenship.

Also I believe they allow work visa like every other country. Because wierd al still lives in MMiami. Lol that law just makes 0 sense seeing also as the property is owned by an American company.

Also I believe they allow work visa like every other country. Because wierd al still lives in MMiami. Lol that law just makes 0 sense seeing also as the property is owned by an American company.

Tabitha St. Germain was born in the US and lives in Canada to work.

Besides John and Al are celebrities, they can afford dual citizenship with ease.

What does that mean? Negatively,or positively?

Negatively, I just think a lot of the claims sound really over-the-top(like the slavery claims)

Negatively, I just think a lot of the claims sound really over-the-top(like the slavery claims)

I agree. The negative claims are over the top.

the-amount-of-ce7z0m.jpg

I for one,liked this episode.

Edited by Dr. Patson
  • Brohoof 3

@singe its not a matter of affording them it's a matter of time. Neither of them live in Canada and to be granted a duel citizenship takes both time and money. The money thing isn't the big.deal it's the time. Were is of they get a work visa they can come and go as they please. If I were to move up to Canada to work for say bioware, I would just get a work visa and renew it when ever I needed to.

Also sorry everypony for getting a little off topic. As for the episode I really liked it. I can see people are hating on it for the events that happend in it but you should try looking at the picture the episode was potraying. That it's easy to get wrapped up in yourself and forget your friends but in the bend rainbow learned that she isn't who she is with out her friends.

Edited by Digit

@singe its not a matter of affording them it's a matter of time. Neither of them live in Canada and to be granted a duel citizenship takes both time and money. The money thing isn't the big.deal it's the time. Were is of they get a work visa they can come and go as they please. If I were to move up to Canada to work for say bioware, I would just get a work visa and renew it when ever I needed to.

Time isn't much of an issue. They could have had dual citizenship for years prior to FIM.

Time isn't much of an issue. They could have had dual citizenship for years prior to FIM.

Out of curiosity I decided to look it up and unless you have lived in a country for an extended period of time. Were born there and parents were of both nationality you can't be duel citizen. America for one tends to try to avoid allowing people to do it due to complications that can arise from possible conflicting laws. So just like any job if you have a work visa you can do it.

Edited by Digit

Out of curiosity I decided to look it up and unless you have lived in a country for an extended period of time. Were born there and parents were of both nationality you can't be duel citizen. America for one tends to try to avoid allowing people to do it due to complications that can arise from possible conflicting laws. So just like any job if you have a work visa you can do it.

They're still celebrities and work in the entertainment industry. It's not difficult on time and money for them to get dual citizenship and maintain it.

The law applies specifically to any voice actor working for a television show must be a citizen of Canada in order to work. So it's not treated like any other job.

Edited by Singe

They're still celebrities. It's not difficult on time and money for them to get dual citizenship and maintain it.

The law applies specifically to any voice actor working for a television show must be a citizen of Canada in order to work.

I can't seem to find this law l. And celebrities arnt excempt from a countries imagration laws. The only way to obtain a duel citizenship in Canada and america is

1.Live there

2.be born there with one parent of each country.

3. Marry a citizen of that country.

Anyway again sorry everypony for getting off topic here im going to stop. Singe if you would like to continue this make a post in the debates area or message me. Let this post get back to being about the show.

I can't seem to find this law l. And celebrities arnt excempt from a countries imagration laws. The only way to obtain a duel citizenship in Canada and america is

1.Live there

2.be born there with one parent of each country.

3. Marry a citizen of that country.

Anyway again sorry everypony for getting off topic here im going to stop. Singe if you would like to continue this make a post in the debates area or message me. Let this post get back to being about the show.

Final post no more discussion on this.

It's explained here where Xiaolin Chronicles had to change voice actors.