img-2542587-1-605054__safe_rarity_shippi

RUN, FELLOW SHIP RATS
SWIM TO SAFETY
FOR TODAY, THE SPARITY SHIP WAS SUNK

THERE WERE NO SURVIVORS

*UPDATE*

Phew, confirmed hoax.

So, there may be hope.
As I said, I never expect full-on romance, that'd be silly in a show like FIM (BUT GREAT).
Just little hints of mutual affection, just like they've been doing ever since Secret Of My Excess.
That is enough to support Sparity.

Let's start rebuilding that ship, friends.
We set sail in a fortnite.

Yarrrrr.
Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 40

And yet, like HYDRA, the ship will endure, growing into a beautiful parasite inside the fandom until it is poised to take over the world -- all thanks to Robert Redford.

Seriously, though, this is hardly surprising. They effectively nixed Sparity toward the end of "Secret of My Excess". Meghan's words of confirmation are pro forma.

• Brohoof 10

Tis one outcome of many. One hay in a bail. Though it may never be over canon wise, the fanon can spawn multiple outcomes. So, since one ship has sunk, millions upon millions of other ships are coming up.

Yay! :D

Rarighost will always be a better ship than Sparity :D

But, truth be told, I never was a fan of that pairing. I wouldn't have liked it if they ended up together canonically, but I feel strangely neutral about it being shut down. I thought some joy would come out of this, but it's more "Meh."

• Brohoof 13

But, truth be told, I never was a fan of that pairing. I wouldn't have liked it if they ended up together canonically, but I feel strangely neutral about it being shut down. I thought some joy would come out of this, but it's more "Meh."

Perhaps because it's not a surprise? I honestly felt neutral as well, even though I have no dog (or dragon or pony) in the fight.

• Brohoof 2

This hasn't been the first time they've said this, and it's not like plans can change in the future anyway

/denial

Now that I read the news, I kinda don't want to ship the two anymore, and it was my OTP.

It's like...when your mom says she's gonna bring you ice cream (Sparity), and she takes pictures and sends it to you ("Secret Of My Excess", the Nightmare Rarity Arc), and then comes home and says there was never any ice cream..

Sure, I didn't expect it to canonically happen. Maybe just a few hints here and there supporting it (like pretty much every moment Spike and Rars shared after SME).

But the disappointment made me bitter. I had a bunch of bada$$ Sparity art lined up, and now I don't really want to draw it anymore.

• Brohoof 4

True shippers don't let anything get in the way of their ship, even canon. That's why fandom exists in the first place, the tendency for people to latch onto a fictional world while not necessarily appreciating all of it's canon. Doesn't matter if Rarishy is a thing that will never happen, I will happily trudge along with my glorious pairing.

• Brohoof 5

Why would anyone be surprised? No romantic relationship in the series will be anything more than a crush, that's something we already knew. FlashLight, Sparity, they aren't meant to be more than awkward crushes. An actual "exclusive relationship" would be an anti-productive thing in a show about friendship.

• Brohoof 2

Of course it will never happen. Rarity belongs to AJ, duh.

Rarity is an adult pony and Spike is a baby dragon. The idea of them ever blossoming into anything more than a cute one-sided crush friendship that's played for gags is just a pipe dream for a handful of shippers and it always was. Spike's crush on Rarity is cute and it adds an interesting dynamic to both his character and Rarity's, but that's it. Maybe the poor little dragon can shift his focus on Sweetie Belle instead. There might be potential there. :P

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 7

This doesn't really change anything. I mean, those who support the ship are free to continue making fanart and fanfiction about it.

• Brohoof 2

And yet, like HYDRA, the ship will endure, growing into a beautiful parasite inside the fandom until it is poised to take over the world -- all thanks to Robert Redford.
Why is my internet meme sense tingling right now? :blink:

For those who were in the Sparity ship with me...

post-19396-0-68070900-1397971890.jpg

• Brohoof 11

Can't say I'm surprised. In the episode "Secret of My Excess", it was clear that when Spike was about to confess his feelings for Rarity (while falling, of course) and she shusshed him, it seemed pretty obvious that Rarity had no feelings for Spike whatsoever, but of course as a good friend would, wanted to let him down easy.

(edited)

Even if it is so, I'm going down with the ship!

Gentlemen. It's been an honor shipping with you.

*plays somber melody on chello, ship breaks in half and sinks*

Edit: BAH! BOJO BEAT ME TO IT!xD

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 3