Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pony Have as much fun at Babscon as I did?

Diva Pony

Please go to the Babscon site and email through the contact us link.  I also got an email and it seemed to be addressed to all of the package people asking what was missing.  And in fact I thought about you and hoped you felt better after receiving it.

Could the email have gone to your junk mail folder?

or possibly they have an outdated email address for you? 

Please write to her and explain what package you are in and that you heard everyone got an email except you. 

They are working on it and they did really apologize in the email. 

I decided to check and I actually got an e-mail from them today and they are claiming to be working on it. We'll see what happens as time passes.

• 2 months later...

As an update to this about the missing items, currently they are mailing my badge to where i live (which is on the other side of the coast from the con). 
If you have not noticed my "new" profile pic is what my OC looks like, and I could not be more happier with the end result.

• Brohoof 1

As an update to this about the missing items, currently they are mailing my badge to where i live (which is on the other side of the coast from the con). 

If you have not noticed my "new" profile pic is what my OC looks like, and I could not be more happier with the end result.

Very nice.  I haven't gotten mine yet but hopefully will soon. 

Is that your OC in your avatar?

It is my OC but I had it done by someone on this forum.  I sent it to the folks at Babscon asking them to do this one of her singing or something but they haven't sent it yet.

It is my OC but I had it done by someone on this forum.  I sent it to the folks at Babscon asking them to do this one of her singing or something but they haven't sent it yet.

Very classy. :D Looks like you should be getting yours soon, several others have already received theirs.

Wait when is the sac brony expo or how can I find out.

BABSCon is a separate convention that's separate from Sac Brony Expo.  You can find out more details about it on the website at http://babscon.com/, but basically it's a convention in the San Francisco area that will be held from April 3-5.

It's a ton of fun and a really encourage everybody to come.  Last year it broke the record for the largest first year pony convention, and it also had more special guests than any of the major pony cons.

But it dangerous in the bay area.
The convention is in a pretty great area actually.  I was there last year, and I never felt like it was a dangerous or bad area.  The hotel the convention is in is actually in Burlingame just south of the San Francisco airport.

If you are worried about the area anyway, I'd recommend staying at the convention hotel.  The entire event is held inside the Hyatt Regency SFO which is a fantastic hotel, so if you're staying there you'll never have to leave the building unless you want to go out to eat somewhere. 

But it dangerous in the bay area.

I actually live in the area. It's quite safe. But like Simon said (...resisting urge... :o) staying at the convention hotel, you'll have plenty of things to do without ever setting foot outside the hotel, though I do highly recommend you do at least for food. There's some good eats in the area. :lol:

is there nothing in sacramento.
There aren't any other pony conventions in California that I know of, but there are plenty of meet up groups all over the place.

I wouldn't fully eliminate the possibility of going to BABSCon though :D  It really is a fantastic convention!

in the bay area they will kill you for anything im from cali

There isn't a city in the world that doesn't have a bad area.  But I went to Babscon and never felt safer.  In fact when I do visit San Francisco I feel perfectly safe.  So maybe you are just going to the wrong neighborhoods?

Babscon is at a Hyatt Regency.  They don't build those in bad neighborhoods.  And as @Simon said, if you stay at the Con hotel there really isn't any need to go outside of it to do anything.  There are places to eat inside and you really don't have to leave at all.

And I had the best time there this year and can't wait to go again.  I think you will be fine.

(edited)

i dont know if i have anyone to go with me

And why is that a problem?  I'm sorry but I usually travel alone!  It's easier that way.  No one to tell me they would rather do something when I would rather do something else.  That's not to say that I don't make friends at cons and hang out with people, but I do go it alone.  As long as you can afford the trip and the room you will meet people.  Just standing in line waiting to get into a seminar you will meet people!

Edited by Diva Pony
  • Brohoof 2

Very nice.  I haven't gotten mine yet but hopefully will soon. 

I got the drawing of it on June 25th, I am still waiting on the hard-copy of the badge itself.

I got the drawing of it on June 25th, I am still waiting on the hard-copy of the badge itself.

Very classy. :D Looks like you should be getting yours soon, several others have already received theirs.

I have heard from the guy in charge of the missing shwag and he said I am in the queue and should receive my missing items soon.  He was very nice.  I just wanted to make sure mine didn't fall through the cracks but apparently they are working on finishing this up.  I think they pushed me towards the end because there was a special stained glass print that one artist was supplying that apparently just went to the printer.  So it would make sense to send both of my items at one time.

Anyhow, you two look great.  MIne will be a variation of my current OC so not sure where I will show it off!

I have heard from the guy in charge of the missing shwag and he said I am in the queue and should receive my missing items soon.  He was very nice.  I just wanted to make sure mine didn't fall through the cracks but apparently they are working on finishing this up.  I think they pushed me towards the end because there was a special stained glass print that one artist was supplying that apparently just went to the printer.  So it would make sense to send both of my items at one time.

Anyhow, you two look great.  MIne will be a variation of my current OC so not sure where I will show it off!

Awesome, I can't wait to see both of your "missing" swag. You could change your profile pic once you get a digital copy of it.

Awesome, I can't wait to see both of your "missing" swag. You could change your profile pic once you get a digital copy of it.

We shall see.  I'm kind of partial to this one.  I have a variation on my desktop so possibly that's where I will house it.  Or maybe it will be a signature line.  To be continued!.............

• Brohoof 1

in the bay area they will kill you for anything im from cali

lol xD are u thinking of oakland because San Francisco is pretty safe considering its next to the airport. Just have street smarts and don't be stupid. 

• Brohoof 1