Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opposite Gender Pet Peeves

Adorkable

for #1 I'm talking for example about a dude that goes to a party because his friends would call him uncool or wimp if he doesn't go I just can't stand people that always do what people tells them without considering their own feelings it's like they don't have a sense of SELF

for #2 well this is why in the beginning I said "and this applies to people in general as well" they asked what was your pet peeve about the opposite sex so I gave my pet peeves about the opposite sex

oh and I even forgot clinginess that's a big one everyone needs their SPACE I don't want people to stick to me like gum especially being an independent person and all and sometimes a loner even

but that's just me

#1 Oh I know what you meant, it was just a point of discussion as it does seem that some people can't tell the difference between the two.

#2 Of course this topic is about the opposite sex but while we're on the subject of certain things why restrict it to that?

I make posts for the sake of conversation, not argument. I hope you didn't take what I said as some sort of attack on what you were saying. :lol:

As far as clinginess goes, I think that varies greatly from person to person. Of course people need their space but some people will be more clingy than others. Like me? For whatever reason I feel the need to have constant physical contact with my partner but I would back off if they wanted me to. It gives a sense of connection and intimacy that one doesn't need words to express. Whether it's hugging, leaning on each other, hanging my arm around her or vice versa or even holding hands I like to stay in contact.

That would come off as super clingy to some people but I prefer to think of it as silent affection.

Note: Different subject from PDA. Whenever I'm in public I personally prefer to walk without touching. I find things like holding hands and arm cuddling to be a hindrance when I'm trying to walk down the street. I don't like tripping around because the two people are trying to keep pace with each other.

Edited by Discordian

#1 Oh I know what you meant, it was just a point of discussion as it does seem that some people can't tell the difference between the two.

#2 Of course this topic is about the opposite sex but while we're on the subject of certain things why restrict it to that?

I make posts for the sake of conversation, not argument. I hope you didn't take what I said as some sort of attack on what you were saying. :lol:

As far as clinginess goes, I think that varies greatly from person to person. Of course people need their space but some people will be more clingy than others. Like me? For whatever reason I feel the need to have constant physical contact with my partner but I would back off if they wanted me to. It gives a sense of connection and intimacy that one doesn't need words to express. Whether it's hugging, leaning on each other, hanging my arm around her or vice versa or even holding hands I like to stay in contact.

That would come off as super clingy to some people but I prefer to think of it as silent affection.

Note: Different subject from PDA. Whenever I'm in public I personally prefer to walk without touching. I find things like holding hands and arm cuddling to be a hindrance when I'm trying to walk down the street. I don't like tripping around because the two people are trying to keep pace with each other.

#1 I know I was just explaining to what you said and wanted to emphasize on it

#2 again that's why I said in the beginning "and it applies to people in general as well"

it's ok I know you're not attacking me I just explain things too much I wanna make sure people understand what I'm trying to say in case they don't or if they misinterpreted what I said because it happens I've done that SOOO many times I feel bad /).(\

and you're right it varies but in fact what I consider clingy (just personal opinion here) is not that it would be stuff like "where are you going" "who's that guy" "can I go to the bathroom with you" "can we hang out EVERY DAY ALL AFTERNOON" "why aren't you responding" ( <--- after just like 5 mins) "you hate me you don't respond :C" "did I made you mad" ( <--- for every little thing) "I suck you're not happy with me let me make you super happy" overly does things... stuff like that it's just that for example sometimes I just want to be alone sometimes I don't feel like responding and it's nothing personal I'm just really tired and perhaps want to read a good book in my room and listen to music or watch Adventure Time and MLP XD yeah .-. that's it

and about the note I TOTALLY get that lol in fact I used to hold hands and such but I realized it was a problem when my ex almost fell on the road in front of the school where cars go by flying LOL XD (sorry I know it's not funny but idk lol it's just his expression XD)

• Brohoof 1

#1 I know I was just explaining to what you said and wanted to emphasize on it

#2 again that's why I said in the beginning "and it applies to people in general as well"

it's ok I know you're not attacking me I just explain things too much I wanna make sure people understand what I'm trying to say in case they don't or if they misinterpreted what I said because it happens I've done that SOOO many times I feel bad /).(\

and you're right it varies but in fact what I consider clingy (just personal opinion here) is not that it would be stuff like "where are you going" "who's that guy" "can I go to the bathroom with you" "can we hang out EVERY DAY ALL AFTERNOON" "why aren't you responding" ( <--- after just like 5 mins) "you hate me you don't respond :C" "did I made you mad" ( <--- for every little thing) "I suck you're not happy with me let me make you super happy" overly does things... stuff like that it's just that for example sometimes I just want to be alone sometimes I don't feel like responding and it's nothing personal I'm just really tired and perhaps want to read a good book in my room and listen to music or watch Adventure Time and MLP XD yeah .-. that's it

and about the note I TOTALLY get that lol in fact I used to hold hands and such but I realized it was a problem when my ex almost fell on the road in front of the school where cars go by flying LOL XD (sorry I know it's not funny but idk lol it's just his expression XD)

:lol: I have the same issue with overexplaining. A lot of the time people take the things I say as personal attacks because I can be very...forceful so I often find myself having to repeat "I'm not attacking you" and whatnot.

That sort of clinginess does annoy me though. My last girlfriend had a tendency to do stuff like that. I wouldn't answer in longer than five or ten minutes and she would be like "are you there?" and "...."

I'm not a talkative person unless I take a personal interest in a subject (such as the current one, as you can probably guess) so I will go long periods of time without saying anything. I go entire days saying no more than a few sentences vocally.

• Brohoof 1

:lol: I have the same issue with overexplaining. A lot of the time people take the things I say as personal attacks because I can be very...forceful so I often find myself having to repeat "I'm not attacking you" and whatnot.

That sort of clinginess does annoy me though. My last girlfriend had a tendency to do stuff like that. I wouldn't answer in longer than five or ten minutes and she would be like "are you there?" and "...."

I'm not a talkative person unless I take a personal interest in a subject (such as the current one, as you can probably guess) so I will go long periods of time without saying anything. I go entire days saying no more than a few sentences vocally.

gosh that happens to me too! lol I feel bad I worry sometimes I'm not making anyone feel bad although I never say anything about it to see what the other person says

and dang O_O well my ex was a little like that but I have a friend that is more like that as a friend and it is a bit hard but I guess the fact we're friends makes it easier for me because I can just point out the fact I'm busy and not that but we're friends nothing more and see true friends are still friends no matter what just because a conversation suddenly ended it doesn't mean we stopped being friends and idk is easier to explain that to a friend than if it was a relationship because some people have the idea that when two people are together they should "stick" to eachother and become one all of the sudden yeah XD

in fact I'm the same even online (unless I'm explaining something like right now XD) I'm not really talkative but I am more talkative in person than online or text (especially text since my phone is SO SLOW and I also have problems with patience I know I gotta work on that but yeah so I BARELY almost never use my phone) but yeah I have gotten crap online for replying short but no matter how much I explain it people still get mad :C and in person I have social anxiety in huge crowds EVEN if I know everyone in the crowd EVEN if I'm best friends with everyone in the crowd it's just not for me I like get togethers with a small group of friends and kind of quiet unless there's music or a game or something but when I talk I want to be able to hear the other person and for them to hear what I'm saying (which rarely happens ._.) but I'm not a big fan of parties whatsoever I mostly like events like when our acting group goes hiking etc.

Edited by MarcelineA
  • Brohoof 1

gosh that happens to me too! lol I feel bad I worry sometimes I'm not making anyone feel bad although I never say anything about it to see what the other person says

and dang O_O well my ex was a little like that but I have a friend that is more like that as a friend and it is a bit hard but I guess the fact we're friends makes it easier for me because I can just point out the fact I'm busy and not that but we're friends nothing more and see true friends are still friends no matter what just because a conversation suddenly ended it doesn't mean we stopped being friends and idk is easier to explain that to a friend than if it was a relationship because some people have the idea that when two people are together they should "stick" to eachother and become one all of the sudden yeah XD

in fact I'm the same even online (unless I'm explaining something like right now XD) I'm not really talkative but I am more talkative in person than online or text (especially text since my phone is SO SLOW and I also have problems with patience I know I gotta work on that but yeah so I BARELY almost never use my phone) but yeah I have gotten crap online for replying short but no matter how much I explain it people still get mad :C and in person I have social anxiety in huge crowds EVEN if I know everyone in the crowd EVEN if I'm best friends with everyone in the crowd it's just not for me I like get togethers with a small group of friends and kind of quiet unless there's music or a game or something but when I talk I want to be able to hear the other person and for them to hear what I'm saying (which rarely happens ._.) but I'm not a big fan of parties whatsoever I mostly like events like when our acting group goes hiking etc.

I know exactly what you're getting at. A lot of my conversations end abruptly because I simply have no more to say on the matter but I know people who get offended or worried that I'm pushing them away for any reasons because of it.

So I just appear offline in many places so people won't know if I'm there or not and I just tell them to continue talking to me even if I don't respond. I'm either not there, don't have anything to say or busy. I'll get back to you when I'm good and ready to but you don't get the satisfaction of bugging me until I answer since you'll never know if I'm online or offline at the time.

Some people understand, some people don't.

But I'm the same. As far as parties go I get uncomfortable because I'm not a chatty person. I prefer smaller groups and one-on-one conversation. It's easier to converse when everyone's not trying to talk about a million things at the same time.

I know exactly what you're getting at. A lot of my conversations end abruptly because I simply have no more to say on the matter but I know people who get offended or worried that I'm pushing them away for any reasons because of it.

So I just appear offline in many places so people won't know if I'm there or not and I just tell them to continue talking to me even if I don't respond. I'm either not there, don't have anything to say or busy. I'll get back to you when I'm good and ready to but you don't get the satisfaction of bugging me until I answer since you'll never know if I'm online or offline at the time.

Some people understand, some people don't.

But I'm the same. As far as parties go I get uncomfortable because I'm not a chatty person. I prefer smaller groups and one-on-one conversation. It's easier to converse when everyone's not trying to talk about a million things at the same time.

yeah XD

yeah I usually tell that to most people (PLUS the fact sometimes I just don't feel like it and it's nothing personal I don't hate them sometimes I'm just tired) and most people get it... most

yeah I see well actually group conversations are ok with me IF people are willing to actually listen and not talk over eachother ( like our acting group is based on us telling our situations (kind of like therapy but not really) and we make a play about situations that happen a lot but the play has to have a good solution (unless we leave it to interpretation or mystery) which help us in real life and they DO teach us acting skills like actual professionals which it's surprising when we see our end results we're like WOW we did this XD but most of those skills we CAN apply to real life and 2 important rules of the group is CONFIDENTIALITY and be able to LISTEN to people and not judge them but help them if you can but really listen to them and respect everyone's turn and it's like the rule got engraved on most of our brains XD so it's easy for us to talk in a group BUT when it's a party and there's too much commotion I just can't >__< everyone gets nuts things get too loud and sometimes I fear people will judge me for being in a corner and I feel the need to pretend I'm having fun and dance and then inside I panic o_o XD it happened in the last performance when we had a big pizza party and it's even worse when I'm depressed because when you're ACTUALLY depressed you don't feel like doing squat and you just want to wallow in your sadness lol (I know it's not funny but I have this problem of always laughing when nervous or sad I do this a lot it comes automatic at first it was about not worrying people but now it's automatic so that's why I say "lol" a lot so don't think I'm making fun of depression just in case I know it's something serious I just type exactly how I talk)

• Brohoof 1

yeah XD

yeah I usually tell that to most people (PLUS the fact sometimes I just don't feel like it and it's nothing personal I don't hate them sometimes I'm just tired) and most people get it... most

yeah I see well actually group conversations are ok with me IF people are willing to actually listen and not talk over eachother ( like our acting group is based on us telling our situations (kind of like therapy but not really) and we make a play about situations that happen a lot but the play has to have a good solution (unless we leave it to interpretation or mystery) which help us in real life and they DO teach us acting skills like actual professionals which it's surprising when we see our end results we're like WOW we did this XD but most of those skills we CAN apply to real life and 2 important rules of the group is CONFIDENTIALITY and be able to LISTEN to people and not judge them but help them if you can but really listen to them and respect everyone's turn and it's like the rule got engraved on most of our brains XD so it's easy for us to talk in a group BUT when it's a party and there's too much commotion I just can't >__< everyone gets nuts things get too loud and sometimes I fear people will judge me for being in a corner and I feel the need to pretend I'm having fun and dance and then inside I panic o_o XD it happened in the last performance when we had a big pizza party and it's even worse when I'm depressed because when you're ACTUALLY depressed you don't feel like doing squat and you just want to wallow in your sadness lol (I know it's not funny but I have this problem of always laughing when nervous or sad I do this a lot it comes automatic at first it was about not worrying people but now it's automatic so that's why I say "lol" a lot so don't think I'm making fun of depression just in case I know it's something serious I just type exactly how I talk)

I find it's easier to understand your emotions if you type exactly how you talk so I understand what you mean when you are saying "lol" in places where it seems inappropriate. ;)

In my experience if you're gonna be at a party just enjoy the party for the atmosphere of it all if nothing else. Not everyone is a Chatty Cathy so us wallflowers gotta find some other form of enjoyment.

In my case? Witnessing the party is enough. Plus food. I love food at parties. :lol:

But I fear we've strayed dangerously off-topic now, as pleasant as this conversation has been. :lol:

I find it's easier to understand your emotions if you type exactly how you talk so I understand what you mean when you are saying "lol" in places where it seems inappropriate. ;)

In my experience if you're gonna be at a party just enjoy the party for the atmosphere of it all if nothing else. Not everyone is a Chatty Cathy so us wallflowers gotta find some other form of enjoyment.

In my case? Witnessing the party is enough. Plus food. I love food at parties. :lol:

But I fear we've strayed dangerously off-topic now, as pleasant as this conversation has been. :lol:

cool well thanks for understanding and yeah I get what you mean XD it is easier

and yeah I get what you mean with enjoyment I'm also pleased just to see my friends happy and YES EAT lol EAT EAT EAT especially sweets I have this thing for sweets XD *-* iccceeee creeeeaaaammmm XD I just hate when people give me that look as "COME ON kill joy" or drag my hand XD but I try to do as much as I can so that both of us get what we want not just one party both parties should get their needs in a chill way XD and I love negotiating with friends XD

and yes I realize that O_O sorry btw (to everyone) o.o XD /).(\

• Brohoof 1

What about purses in general? How many freaking EDC items does a person need that it can't all fit it easily in pockets?

LOL I was literally just talking to a friend about this and he said the same thing.

No but really. Most of the items I've seen in purses are things you don't really need 99% of the time so why are you carrying around all that dead weight? Never made sense to me.

Unless it's for fashion. Fashion can be good.

But practically speaking they are a waste of space and are easy targets for thieves.

• Brohoof 2

Girls: Shopping, fashion, yelling when they've chipped a nail....so on...

Boys: Guys never pulling up their pants when they walk, guys always talking about dating girls every day of their lives.... uh....

LOL I was literally just talking to a friend about this and he said the same thing.

No but really. Most of the items I've seen in purses are things you don't really need 99% of the time so why are you carrying around all that dead weight? Never made sense to me.

Unless it's for fashion. Fashion can be good.

But practically speaking they are a waste of space and are easy targets for thieves.

I happen to use my purse to carry my 3ds so I can get play coins and streetpass with people. Other that... uh.

More opposite gender pet peeves: Men are required to take backpacks and whatnot off in grocery stores. Women can still take purses though.

:okiedokielokie:

You should see what I can smuggle into a movie theater!

What about purses in general? How many freaking EDC items does a person need that it can't all fit it easily in pockets?

It's in the tailoring. It's not comfortable to stuff lots of things in your pockets while rockin' skinny jeans.

:D

• Brohoof 1

Girls: Shopping, fashion, yelling when they've chipped a nail....so on...

Boys: Guys never pulling up their pants when they walk, guys always talking about dating girls every day of their lives.... uh....

I happen to use my purse to carry my 3ds so I can get play coins and streetpass with people. Other that... uh.

You must know all the wrong guys cuz I personally prefer a belt and I talk about video games more than dating. COOTIES One's love life does not need to encompass their entire being.

Suppose that depends on the types of pockets you wear, if any. Dunno why they wouldn't put pockets in dresses or make pockets in pants bigger or something. Pockets are the ultimate carrier and it's conveniently right next to your body. Purses are too....loose.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't lived with any guys in years, but seriously... Put the toilet seat down with you're done.

Especially at night.

I haven't lived with any girls in years, but seriously... lift the toilet seat up when you're done.

Especially at night.

This isn't a matter of micro managing.

This is, "I don't want to fall in the toilet when it's dark and I'm half-asleep".

This is, "I don't want to piss all over the toilet seat when it's dark and I'm half-asleep."

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

Naw.

Women are awesome, fun to look at, and they smell great!

Why would I ever have ANYTHING against a woman?

*Puts on three pounds of strawberry perfume* I SMELL GREAT TOO. WHY WON'T YOU LOVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

:lol:

I haven't lived with any girls in years, but seriously... lift the toilet seat up when you're done.

Especially at night.

Legit. :lol:

Don't know why it's so important for us to put it down when it takes just as much effort for women to put it down themselves. They are just too used to all the guys doing it for them because they keep telling guys to do it. it's really not that hard to check before you sit down. Guys have to do it too, why won't you? :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 2

You must know all the wrong guys cuz I personally prefer a belt and I talk about video games more than dating. COOTIES One's love life does not need to encompass their entire being.

Suppose that depends on the types of pockets you wear, if any. Dunno why they wouldn't put pockets in dresses or make pockets in pants bigger or something. Pockets are the ultimate carrier and it's conveniently right next to your body. Purses are too....loose.

I never wear anything with pockets. Besides it's easier to swing a purse and trick the ds into thinking you're walking when you're really not and get play coins.

I never wear anything with pockets. Besides it's easier to swing a purse and trick the ds into thinking you're walking when you're really not and get play coins.

*Opens mouth, inserts foot.* :lol:

I'm mostly being obnoxious, though I do feel that it would be more beneficial to put pockets on all clothing.

Edited by Discordian

I hate it when I had to go shopping for my sisters clothes. You end up being in the mall for hours and you barely get anything, its so annoying.

Another thing is when girls call themselves fat when they really aren't, I don't know it just gets on my nerves when their looks is all that they talk about

• Brohoof 1

I hate it when I had to go shopping for my sisters clothes. You end up being in the mall for hours and you barely get anything, its so annoying.

Another thing is when girls call themselves fat when they really aren't, I don't know it just gets on my nerves when their looks is all that they talk about

Exaggerated but slightly realistic double standards ftw!

Especially at night.

This is, "I don't want to piss all over the toilet seat when it's dark and I'm half-asleep."

Girls...Sleepily go into bathroom and get a nasty cold shock when they sit down.

Guys...Sleepily go into the bathroom and are looking down at the toilet and have a far greater chance of noticing if the seat is down.

Girls win! Put the seat down guys!

Girls...Sleepily go into bathroom and get a nasty cold shock when they sit down.

Guys...Sleepily go into the bathroom and are looking down at the toilet and have a far greater chance of noticing if the seat is down.

Girls win! Put the seat down guys!

Technically guys still have to have the brain power to check. I'm sure women can create a habit of checking that their base motor skills can manage when they are half asleep. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Technically guys still have to have the brain power to check. I'm sure women can create a habit of checking that their base motor skills can manage when they are half asleep. :lol:

But you're getting a better visual clue because you're doin' your business FACING the commode. I should add that if I "go potty" in the middle of the night, I usually don't even have my glasses on. To be totally honest though. I only got caught once, but it was when I was little and it was my brother's fault!

But you're getting a better visual clue because you're doin' your business FACING the commode. I should add that if I "go potty" in the middle of the night, I usually don't even have my glasses on. To be totally honest though. I only got caught once, but it was when I was little and it was my brother's fault!

I know what you're saying and all but in most cases, night time potty adventures aside, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Conversely, though, assume a guy had to go the number two and had to check if the seat was down himself...maybe he still has to make that visual check but we do it just fine. Couldn't women do it? ;)