Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Random facts thread

I_wesley125

~Contrary to popular belief, Hitler was born in Austria, not Germany.

~The girl who claimed she was the lost princess Anastasia was actually "a crazy autistic Polish girl" (my history teacher's exact words). She literally thought she was the princess and confused a bunch of Russian people.

~Erwin Rommel was not a Nazi; he just admired Hitler. In fact, he was against Nazism.

~Emily Dickenson was obsessed about death (seriously, read her poems).

~An avocado is actually a fruit.

~During the Battle of Midway, the Japanese thought they sunk one of the "two" American carriers (the Lexington I think). In reality, the Americans had more than one carrier and the Lexington did not sink until it was hit the forth time.

I learn so much in school it's great!

Our large intestine contains lots of bacteria. So much bacteria that they outnumber all our humans cells 10-100x.

Our DNA can jump from one chromosome to another. The parts of the DNA that can do this are called transposons.

Adolf Hitler only had one testicle. Spaniards did not create rice, the Moors (Muslim invaders of Spain) did. Fag is British slang for a cigarette.

Last one def true. We always call them fags here. Well, me and dad don't. I always say 'Mum got some cigarettes.' but mum says 'I'm going to buy some fags, okay?'

Okay, I couldn't go through all the pages, so these might have been said before, but ---

-Your heart sits in the middle of your chest, not on the left like many think.

-Columbus did NOT discover America. Vikings did.

-Sebastian Stan (Bucky Barnes) was so starstruck by Robert Redford that he ran into a fridge.

-Galileo was arrested for his theory on the planets and the sun.

-Cats can hear an earthquake before it happens. We need to speak cat.

-Age of ultron was supposed to have a scene at the end where someone is washing up STARK tower, and Spiderman hangs down and says 'You missed a spot' but now they've abandoned it.

• Modern zombies are not actually "zombies..." The entire "zombie genre" was created when Dario Argento purchased the rights to Dawn of The Dead and renamed the European release of the movie to "Zombi." Even Romero refused to refer to them as "zombies."

If you were to stretch the full length of your DNA, it would reach the sun and back multiple times.

Benjamin Franklin was not actually a Christian; he became a deist at the age of fifteen

Johnny Cash's Hurt is actually a Nine Inch Nails cover

If you were to add all the energy in the Universe with the total negative energy, the sum of all energy in the Universe would be zero