Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Random facts thread

I_wesley125

In 1938, Time Magazine declared Adolf Hitler “Man of the Year”. In the same year he took full command of the German military, annexed Austria and Czechoslovakia and expelled 12,000 Jews from Germany.

The shortest war recorded in history was the Anglo-Zanzibar War which lasted 45 minutes before a treaty was signed.

At the start of World War I, the US Airforce (at the time a component of the US Army) had only 18 pilots and 5 - 12 airplanes.

The longest "war" in history with the least casualties was the Three Hundred and Thirty Five Years' War. In 1651, the United Netherlands declared war on the Isles of Scilly. Due to the lack of a peace treaty, the war was technically extended until 1986 when peace was finally declared. Not a single shot was fired.

Some argued against the validity of the initial declaration of war, but none-the-less peace was signed.

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

The war for the Falkland Isles was basically the military version holding a midget at arms length.

I don't think that's technically a fact.

Oh, and I do believe you're referencing that British guy's comedy act xD

I don't think that's technically a fact.

Oh, and I do believe you're referencing that British guy's comedy act xD

But it was, the British had superior range on their ships then the Argentinans. The Argentinans suffered a crushing defeat because of it.

Winter is coming, and so am I.

The weapon you use to destroy Ganon in "The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past" is silver arrows

But it was, the British had superior range on their ships then the Argentinans. The Argentinans suffered a crushing defeat because of it.

What I meant was an analogy can not technically be fact.

The analogy also is not a good one because the war was not won simply with ships. The UK had to send troops in land to take the Falkland Islands, therefore making that analogy a poor one as it doesn't take all the engagements into consideration.

What I meant was an analogy can not technically be fact.

The analogy also is not a good one because the war was not won simply with ships. The UK had to send troops in land to take the Falkland Islands, therefore making that analogy a poor one as it doesn't take all the engagements into consideration.

Well, Argentina isn't exactly know for it's military tech either. But it is a funny analogy nonetheless.

Out of all the combinations of technology that have ever been devised, no one has ever built a steam-turbine aircraft.

There was a steam biplane created in the 30s actually, so not a fact.

- Biggest tank ever built was the german Maus at 188 tons.

- Russians built a flying tank. Apparently the controls were "tricky".

Random facts?

Posted Image

The range of a medieval long-bow is 220 yards.

Traces of cocaine were found on 99% of UK bank notes in a survey in London in 2000.

The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

In 1980, the city of Detroit presented Saddam Hussein with a key to the city.

The first bomb dropped on Germany in WWII killed the only elephant in the Berlin zoo.

The average life span of a peasant during the medieval ages was 25 years.

Contrary to popular belief, the first ironclad warships were built by Korea in the 16th century.

February 1865 is the only month in recorded history to not have a full moon.

During the 1600's, boys and girls in England wore dresses until they were about seven years old.

To verify if a credit card number is valid you have to double every other digit starting from the right, then add them to the undoubled number. But when you get a number with double digit from doubling the digits, you must add each number sepearately, such that 18+1 = 1+8+1 = 10. If the number you obtain is dividible by 10, then the credit card number is valid.

For example, let's say your credit card number is 4111 1234 5678 9120

First, you double ever other number from the right

4111 1234 5678 9120

So you get

(8)1(2)1 (2)2(6)4 (10)6(14)8 (18)1(4)0

Then you add all the numbers

8+1+2+1 2+2+6+4 1+0+6+1+4+8 1+8+1+4+0

12+14+20+14

=60

60 is dividible by 10 so that credit card number would be valid!

Also, the first number on your credit card indicates the category of the credit card.

1 and 2 are for airlines

3 is travel and entertainement

4 and 5 are for banks

6 is for merchandizing and banking

7 is for petroleum

8 is for telecommunications

9 is national assignement.

The first 6 digits are called the IIN identify the institution from which the card is issued.

For example, Visa will be 4xxxxxx, Master Card will be 51xxxxxx etc.

So the first 6 digits 426428 refer to a Platinum Visa Credit Card from Bank of America. 377445 is a BMW American Express Card in New Zealand etc. Every card can be looked by their IIN.

The next 9 or 5 numbers (some credit cards have 12 digits, others have only 9) are your personal account number.

The last digit is simply the verification digit. It is used to verify the credit card by the algorithm that I have explained above! :D

When a dog is having intercourse, its penis is known to swell to conform to the entirety of the hole it's entering. The point of this is so said dog's mate cannot escape until he's reached orgasm; just another one of biology's ways of ensuring that babies keep being made.

Now consider for a moment a considerably obese dog with numerous heart problems doing the horizontal boogie, everything is fine... but wait! The excitement is too much for this hound and he has a heart attack, dropping dead on the spot mid-coitus. Understanding the nature of canine sex and the way their members swell to prevent their mate's escape, keep in mind the concept of rigor mortis which indicates the almost immediate stiffening of all of an animal's muscles upon being dead for a while.

Swelled penis, all up in there, hardens and cannot soften to allow exit of the vagina, etc.

The result of this is that the female dog - or zoophiliac deviant, of course! - having intercourse with this obese animal will be stuck with stiffened dead dog weiner inside of them and, subsequently, a dog attached to them until it is removed by means most likely necessitating surgery.

tl;dr - If you are, for whatever reason, having sex with a dog, do not allow it to die or you'll be in store for what's likely going to be an awkward visit to the physician.

That reminds me of a post I saw on reddit.

Dolphins and humans are the only mammals that feel pleasure from sex. ~

I had an email conversation with the guy who wrote the book Wet Goddess. Google it.

According to modern theories, when light is referred to as a wave, it doesnt mean a wave like a soundwave. The wave is actually a probability wave of where a photon will occur once it is fully observed. But once you actually observe that photon's position, you won't be able to know where its going.

I don't really believe in the rape of animals ~

:x

Pinkie does :o

Gotta love them lamps:

In Arizona, a man may legally beat his wife once a month, but no more.

Syria, China, Vietnam, and Iran have banned Facebook.

When France refused to join the American-led coalition against Iraq, some Republicans argued that the name french fries be changed to “liberty fries.”

British troops liberating Bergen-Belsen found that the Nazis had experimented using human skin for lampshades.

-cleopatra was Greek

-houseflies buzz in the key of F

-the fastes time twisting a balloon into a dog shape is 6.5 seconds

-it takes the average 10 year old child about 20 minutes to fall asleep.

-I am male

-you are reading this post