Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

about suicides

Eddie

you know ive come across quite alot of people who wanna kill themselves (mostly on the internet) and they keep saying things like "im ugly and worthless, im being picked on" but instead of helping him/her leave her/his life, people reply with inspirational quotes and say "no one said life would be easy you got to hang on" or "your parents will miss you" ive seen people complain that the world is over populated but would probably still be sympathetic torwards the ones who want to end theyr life...madness.

now i wanna know, why would you want to save a person's life? why does it matter if he dies by his hand right now or later by someone else?

i also propose, that suicide should be encouraged, no point in making the guy suffer when he can leave the world and never worry about anything. P.S a hotline where they give suicide tips should be made.

With the world being overpopulated aside, I would want to save a person's life because if they died without me doing anything to prevent them from taking their life, I can start to feel guilty. Either way, no one should be driven to the point of suicide.

Despite population overabundance, the less people you have killing themselves, the more you have to work in your factories, make your weapons, and throw at your enemy. If you want to run a massive empire like America is currently trying to do, you need masses of people.

oh and that whole human empathy thing, but I mean, who thinks like that?

With the world being overpopulated aside, I would want to save a person's life because if they died without me doing anything to prevent them from taking their life, I can start to feel guilty. Either way, no one should be driven to the point of suicide.

why would you start feeling guilty if someone got the courage to leave this world?  its not like you encouraged the suicidee in question, i would of probably felt good about myself, it dosent count as murder aye?

I'll tell you something and I promise it's no lie, This is genuine.

I have attempted suicide in the past and I know other people who have.

If you're wondering, Where are these people now?

One is a doctor, Once overdosed on sleeping medication, Now has a house and family in the country.

One is a worker for children with special needs, He wakes up every week at times like 3am to do volunteer work for the suicide help group Samaritans.

One is a guy who tried to drink himself to death he now spends 24/7 working for old people, He lives in a home and helps them do stuff they can't do on their own, He does this for free, He doesn't demand a penny from anyone.

One of them almost died after an overdose, they now shelter and protect greyhounds who were mistreated

And then there's me...I help run a group that reaches 700+ people a day via the internet for people who struggle with their problems, We do it for free and a member of our team has a book coming out soon to help people who don't have internet access.

All of these are genuine people I've met in my life, I'm not making any of this up.

Okay as someone who has struggled with thoughts of suicide many times in his life I can say with confidence that if you ever went through that kind of pain than you would think of this issue very differently. People who are suicidal are people just like anyone else, people going though that are sick and need our help and compassion not judgment and condemnation.Anyone can be suicidal not just people who are "crazy" or "weak".

why would you start feeling guilty if someone got the courage to leave this world?  its not like you encouraged the suicidee in question, i would of probably felt good about myself, it dosent count as murder aye?

Suicide is an act of desperation not courage, these people have lost hope and think the only way to end their pain is to end it all.

It's not courage. Even if I didn't encourage or cause the suicide to happen, I would still not be proud of myself of not stopping it in time.

Despite population overabundance, the less people you have killing themselves, the more you have to work in your factories, make your weapons, and throw at your enemy. If you want to run a massive empire like America is currently trying to do, you need masses of people.

oh and that whole human empathy thing, but I mean, who thinks like that?

uuuh, "your"? so wait, you prefer the people live so you can use them as laborers? bravo, i actually admire that :) i dont know you tell me

I'll tell you something and I promise it's no lie, This is genuine.

I have attempted suicide in the past and I know other people who have.

If you're wondering, Where are these people now?

One is a doctor, Once overdosed on sleeping medication, Now has a house and family in the country.

One is a worker for children with special needs, He wakes up every week at times like 3am to do volunteer work for the suicide help group Samaritans.

One is a guy who tried to drink himself to death he now spends 24/7 working for old people, He lives in a home and helps them do stuff they can't do on their own, He does this for free, He doesn't demand a penny from anyone.

One of them almost died after an overdose, they now shelter and protect greyhounds who were mistreated

And then there's me...I help run a group that reaches 700+ people a day via the internet for people who struggle with their problems, We do it for free and a member of our team has a book coming out soon to help people who don't have internet access.

All of these are genuine people I've met in my life, I'm not making any of this up.

im sorry but what are you trying to say? i dont see a reason for this

uuuh, "your"? so wait, you prefer the people live so you can use them as laborers? bravo, i actually admire that :) i dont know you tell me

im sorry but what are you trying to say? i dont see a reason for this

I'm trying to say that even the most strongest people will think about suicide in their life, Everyone thinks "they will miss me when i'm not here" and some go further, If these people would have died, lost their lives through suicide, They wouldn't be helping the people and doing the amazing things they're doing today.

I'm trying to say that even the most strongest people will think about suicide in their life, Everyone thinks "they will miss me when i'm not here" and some go further, If these people would have died, lost their lives through suicide, They wouldn't be helping the people and doing the amazing things they're doing today.

i know that even the strongest (if you can define that for me, strong people i mean) will commit suicide, i personally would like the world erupt in flames but thats only my opinion. and yeah sure, if you save everyone from suicide (that wont happen i know) i bet you will witness all of the "amazing" things they will do sure. and what will they do? go to work and come back home? real amazing

I dissagree. You might find someone you don't even know who says that... And what if they are lying?

what do you mean by that?

Okay as someone who has struggled with thoughts of suicide many times in his life I can say with confidence that if you ever went through that kind of pain than you would think of this issue very differently. People who are suicidal are people just like anyone else, people going though that are sick and need our help and compassion not judgment and condemnation.Anyone can be suicidal not just people who are "crazy" or "weak".

Suicide is an act of desperation not courage, these people have lost hope and think the only way to end their pain is to end it all.

why did you have to say that? that you have went throught many suicide thoughts? i have em everyday and one failed suicide attempt, so? and why is it so bad to let them just do what they must? and maybe help them?

Well, this totally wasn't what I was expecting. lol

While I am very much do believe that if we can't even have the right to take our own life, it's enough to question exactly what rights do we have, I do not think it should be encouraged.

If I had killed myself like I said I wanted to nine to ten years ago, I would have missed out on a lot... Marching band (a dream of mine way back in that time), an amazing girlfriend (who me getting to have was a contradiction to my reasons for wanting to kill myself), getting to play the clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, and oboe (lol... That's a lot, I know. >.<), getting to live a dream by getting into a great orchestra and getting to go play in a beautiful concert hall, becoming an aunt (my little nephew is soooo adorable!), getting to be the maid of honor for my best friends' wedding, etc., etc.

The vast majority of those I would have told you were impossible that day I wanted to kill myself.

When somebody has such petty reasons for wanting to kill themselves they need to be reasoned with, because they can still have so much life ahead of them. Some people may be doing it only for attention, but you never really know.

Oops, I went off here, I think I just need to shut up and go to bed. lol >.<

(On another note, I do believe this life is final, so that is also a big factor in me not wanting people to kill themselves for stupid reasons. This life is it. One should treasure this life the best they can, if at all possible.)

Edited by Envy

why did you have to say that? that you have went throught many suicide thoughts? i have em everyday and one failed suicide attempt, so? and why is it so bad to let them just do what they must? and maybe help them?

I said that because many people have judgmental attitudes about this issue and most of them have no idea what it is like to struggle through that. So I guessed wrong and thought you were one of those people, I am sorry that you have to go through that but I still stand by that suicide is something that shouldn't be encouraged because it is not helping them. I hope you someday to heal from this pain, I know it is hard as those thoughts still sometimes come back but suicide is not worth it.

Well, this totally wasn't what I was expecting. lol

While I am very much do believe that if we can't even have the right to take our own life, it's enough to question exactly what rights do we have, I do not think it should be encouraged.

If I had killed myself like I said I wanted to nine to ten years ago, I would have missed out on a lot... Marching band (a dream of mine way back in that time), an amazing girlfriend (who me getting to have was a contradiction to my reasons for wanting to kill myself), getting to play the clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, and oboe (lol... That's a lot, I know. >.<), getting to live a dream by getting into a great orchestra and getting to go play in a beautiful concert hall, becoming an aunt (my little nephew is soooo adorable!), getting to be the maid of honor for my best friends' wedding, etc., etc.

The vast majority of those I would have told you were impossible that day I wanted to kill myself.

When somebody has such petty reasons for wanting to kill themselves they need to be reasoned with, because they can still have so much life ahead of them. Some people may be doing it only for attention, but you never really know.

Oops, I went off here, I think I just need to shut up and go to bed. lol >.<

(On another note, I do believe this life is final, so that is also a big factor in me not wanting people to kill themselves for stupid reasons. This life is it. One should treasure this life the best they can, if at all possible.)

well i guess its like playing the lottery aint it? you might get a good life or a bad one, of course we must better ourselves, yeah they might of, but when you're dead i doubt that you will care on what you missed (of course if you believe in that religious nonsence when your spirit will walk the earth and you will see all the things you missed out on) well...congrats on acomplishing all of that, but what are the chances of people getting those achievments?