Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When government wants to censor Internet

Bojo

@@SasQ,

Because this thread isn't about conspiracy theories, it's about a bill in the Mexican goverment, we've drifted off topic to American Politics instead

And for every correct conspiracy, there's a billion wrong ones. Obama can control weather? 

Because this thread isn't about conspiracy theories, it's about a bill in the Mexican goverment

That's exactly my point. And who first started talking about conspiracy theories and tinfoil hats?

we've drifted off topic to American Politics instead

American politics related to Internet censorship is still on topic of Mexican politics of Internet censorship, don't you think? They're neighbors after all, on the same continent, and their politics and economy are related.

And for every correct conspiracy, there's a billion wrong ones. Obama can control weather?

There are also millions of dumbasses who make erroneous mathematical calculations. Does it mean that all mathematics has to be thrown out the window? (And what a better way to ridicule some subject, than spreading ridiculous information about something, similar to the true ones?)

My view is that every human being has its own mind to decide, so it's better to spread information (even if some part of it is inaccurate/misleading/untrue/whatever) and let everyone judge by himself, than censoring everything we say. But maybe freedom of speech is already defined differently in America...

Edited by SasQ

That's exactly my point. And who first started talking about conspiracy theories and tinfoil hats?

Earthbending Prodigy

American politics related to Internet censorship is still on topic of Mexican politics of Internet censorship, don't you think? They're neighbors after all, on the same continent, and their politics and economy are related.

Has the word Mexico even been mentioned in the last few posts?

There are also millions of dumbasses who make erroneous mathematical calculations. Does it mean that all mathematics has to be thrown out the window?

That's not the same thing and you know it. You're comparing idiots to experts

My view is that every human being has its own mind to decide, so it's better to spread information (even if some part of it is inaccurate/misleading/untrue/whatever) and let everyone judge by himself, than censoring everything we say. But maybe freedom of speech is already defined differently in America...

Oh my god, I knew this thread would careen into insanity, I just didn't know it would happen so fast 

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but any government attempting to control the Internet doesn't surprise me. They'd probably do it for the same reason that books were burned during the Qin dynasty or in Nazi Germany. To prevent the spread of information and "undesirable" opinions. 

Not that I have any evidence that this will happen. I'm just playing the Devil's advocate. 

• Brohoof 1