Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I've got a Donating question involving credit cards.

TomokoKuroki

So I tried to donate today (I do not have a pay pal account) with my pre-paid cred it card. I put all the information I used on the card correctly where the information was needed; and it declined my card.

I am not sure if it is my card because I typed everything in correctly, or if I have to have pay pal account to go with my credit card payment.

Any help would be much appreciated!

So I tried to donate today (I do not have a pay pal account) with my pre-paid cred it card. I put all the information I used on the card correctly where the information was needed; and it declined my card.

I am not sure if it is my card because I typed everything in correctly, or if I have to have pay pal account to go with my credit card payment.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Well you can donate through paypal without having an account on it. Maybe your cared has passed the expiry date?

Well you can donate through paypal without having an account on it. Maybe your cared has passed the expiry date?

I got the card yesterday :P My issue was after putting in all the right information, the card was rejected, and I have no idea why.

Make sure the CMC code is right.

The three or four last digits on the back of your card.

Mmmmhmmm, It is right. As I have said, I had triple checked my info and made sure it is all right. But as I click the button to finish the purchase, it declines my card.

Saying something about "Pal pal could not validate the card" or something, though I do not have pay pal.

Mmmmhmmm, It is right. As I have said, I had triple checked my info and made sure it is all right. But as I click the button to finish the purchase, it declines my card.

Saying something about "Pal pal could not validate the card" or something, though I do not have pay pal.

This is the first time you've ever used it?

If so, make sure you have activated the card to shop online.

Atleast, thats what i had to do.

This is the first time you've ever used it?

If so, make sure you have activated the card to shop online.

Atleast, thats what i had to do.

Yeah it is activated, I already purchased a few things with it.

Yeah it is activated, I already purchased a few things with it.

Maybe the card is too new adn paypal doesn't recognize it as a credit card that actually exists.

Edited by SilverArrow

(edited)

Maybe you need to call your credit card company? There may have been an error in the activation.

Doesn't sound to me like it's a forum issue.

Well no, it is not a forum issue...but I didn't know where else to put this =/ So hopefully it will be moved to the right place.

But it is indeed a site issue I am having =/. :P.

Edited by CeIestia

Well no, it is not a forum issue...but I didn't know where else to put this =/ So hopefully it will be moved to the right place.

But it is indeed a site issue I am having =/. :P.

This is the correct section, yes. However, you should use the "Question" prefix, not "feedback".

Call the company that provided the prepaid card (VISA? Discover? Whoever it is) and ask them if the card works with PayPal, or if there is anything you need to do to make it work with PayPal.

The things you already purchased with it... were they online purchases or in-store purchases?