Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Your opinion of online dating sites

Katana

6 minutes ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

I've heard of that saying too sure yet I think the ones that are finding a partner on there would have had similar luck in real life. Without the use of apps but who's to say though. Personally I think life is more about I guess opportunities, that every person you meet usually has the relationship potential. Dating apps giving a large collection of potential I suppose would be fair to say. Though I guess that people looking for long term relationships might refrain from such sites. I don't use the apps, mostly I see it as you know getting to know people I don't really use it though for any other reason then I suppose I am expected to be on these.

Honestly it seems like if you’re looking for long term it isn’t the best way. Despite stating my looking for long term on the profile(and when chatting)  I still get the hookup/one night stand seeking people. So it does make me wonder if my profile even gets read. With things opening back up where I live that gives me the opportunity to try and meet people irl. Which is what I’d prefer to do anyway. 

I don’t have to pay to speak to someone I’m interest in irl unlike some of the apps I downloaded in the past which required a premium subscription to even message the person you matched with.  

• Brohoof 1