Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What stereotype bugs you?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Gender stereotypes tend to piss me off. "Boys should ONLY like action figures, while girls can pretty much love anything. Boys should be watching Transformers, not this girly My Little Pony show." Things like that. Included with that is when people call this show 'just a little girl's show', I cannot stand that. Even some in this fandom do that! :|

Also, the stereotype of 'dangerous dogs'. Like how some people and mainstream media love to treat pit-bulls like they are the spawn of Lucifer or something. That is IRRITATING. I have a pit-bull and she is one of the friendliest dogs you will ever see, probably because she isn't put outside on a chain for days on end.

All of them, to be perfectly honest. "Some basis in truth" my ass, generalizations, ALL generalizations, are the source of all societal ills. Everyone deserves to be treated as a case by case basis based on their actions.

The ADHD stereo type: always busy, never being able to sit still, always talking etc...

I have ADHD myself and I may be a bit more hyper as everage, I'm often the most quiet one of my whole class. It's not so that everyone with ADHD is a hyperactive, annoying idiot! It comes in all kinds of forms and you can't just put it like that.

What really pissed me off was a book about ADHD I once read. The intro was like this: 'the whole class is quiet, they're making a test. Suddenly a pencilcase falls on the ground. It's from mark, a boy with ADHD. He gets up to grab it but by doing that knocks over his drink.' I was like:' why is that ADHD?! That could've happened to anyone! Or do they want to tell me that people with ADHD are just freaking clumsy??' I was really not happy with reading that...

• 3 years later...

All stereotypes bug me to be honest. I don't like stereotypes, they put people in boxes and expect them to be certain way which ignores the fact that everyone is unique.

• Brohoof 4

I found stereotype jokes funny. :adorkable:.... But what I cannot stand is how some people associating COVID-19 with Asians. Then they moved to associating  it with communism which then goes back to Aisans. And then back again. 

• Brohoof 1

I hate gender stereotypes, they're especially strong in my culture. Also I hate "If you're a programmer, you must know how to resolve every single problem related to computer" stereotype

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Ooredelen said:

I hate gender stereotypes, they're especially strong in my culture. Also I hate "If you're a programmer, you must know how to resolve every single problem related to computer" stereotype 

I haven't met that stereotype yet. Thank god! Because I am a programmer. >_>

On 4/24/2014 at 2:13 AM, Moonbacon said:

What stereotype bugs me most?

Its the classic "Women must stay in the kitchen cooking dinner and cleaning the house while Men go to work play video games and not do chores".

And another classic "Girls must like barbies and the color pink and must look pretty Boys must like action figures and superheros and look masculine"

THIS^^^^

• Brohoof 2

That all Cajuns must love spicy food.  Lol jk we totally do! 

But seriously it’s mostly racial and gender stereotypes that bug me the most. 

I’m not going to lie and say I’ve never laughed at a stereotype joke.  But a lot of times around here in the south people are being serious and disguising their feelings toward another race or gender as a joke.  I don’t like that.

• Brohoof 1

That a boy is “gay” if they wear feminine clothes. Girls walk around in jeans and t-shirts all the time and no one automatically assumes they’re lesbian. 

On 5/19/2016 at 12:09 PM, Summer Breeze said:

The ADHD stereo type: always busy, never being able to sit still, always talking etc...

I have ADHD myself and I may be a bit more hyper as everage, I'm often the most quiet one of my whole class. It's not so that everyone with ADHD is a hyperactive, annoying idiot! It comes in all kinds of forms and you can't just put it like that.

What really pissed me off was a book about ADHD I once read. The intro was like this: 'the whole class is quiet, they're making a test. Suddenly a pencilcase falls on the ground. It's from mark, a boy with ADHD. He gets up to grab it but by doing that knocks over his drink.' I was like:' why is that ADHD?! That could've happened to anyone! Or do they want to tell me that people with ADHD are just freaking clumsy??' I was really not happy with reading that...

That’s like saying “The OCD kid colored in the lines”. I’m pretty sure a lot of people try to color in the lines when they color.

• Brohoof 1

On 5/19/2016 at 6:09 PM, Summer Breeze said:

I have ADHD, and that stereotype kinda fits me.... Now, not because I have ADHD, but because I have other issues as well.

11 minutes ago, Flutterstep said:

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash type characters. It's just boring, unoriginal and creates a bad impression on people. :angry::dry:

I never though that would come from you :wau:

But you are right. They are stereotypes! Why didn't I think about that :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

I hate that a lot of people associate pop country with it's fans being gay. It's more or less a joke rather than stereotype I guess but it's a really stupid and immature joke at that. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being gay, but going around labeling everyone who listens to that genre of music as retarded and gay really grinds my gears BIG TIME. 

• Brohoof 3

Gender stereotypes annoy me actually, I don't feel like we should have to like fit this small box of criteria to be this or that. When we should just be ourselves, I remember it often being commonplace to have your sexuality questioned simply for being slightly feminine in interest or attitude same is true for girls too.

• Brohoof 3

I believe you can't get away from certain people, and you will always find something that bug you. I just try to not think about it too much.

• Brohoof 1

I never cared for the idea that kids are all stupid just because they're young, and their opinions shouldn't count. Most kids I know are far smarter than the adults they hang out with and should be respected. 

I'm also not a fan of backlash toward middle class white guys and gals. They're treated like they're the enemy when in fact they are decent, intelligent people with more value then they're ever given credit for. 

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Tweek said:

That all kids / young teens are stupid and annoying.  I have relatives in my family in their 20s who act worse thsn i do and always in trouble with police 😒

maybe look back at your posts now in a year, you'll find yourself annoying (everyone does)

not saying you're annoying btw

Edited by The Hawks Simp
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, The Hawks Simp said:

maybe look back at your posts now in a year, you'll find yourself annoying (everyone does)

not saying you're annoying btw

Maybe, but i mean in general being treated like a dumby by adults just due to age

• Brohoof 1