Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to buy something pony related with parents nearby?

camsterman101

Hello there.

I have a friend and he is a brony. Now, when I buy things I am only slightly nervous, but tonight I am going to get dinner with my father and I don't know how to say "My friend want something MLP Related" He knows that  am a brony, but he is very quite about it. So I don't know what his outlook on it is like....

How do I buy something pony realted with my father near by?

Just stop caring. If he already knows you like MLP then it shouldn't matter. If he asks why, just say you like it and there is nothing wrong with it. Or you can get passive aggressive and say something like, "Ok, I won't buy ponies anymore. I'll get into drugs and drinking. Is that better?"

I've felt like this in the past and that I look back on it I think how silly it was.

I know it can be scary because you feel like you're being judged with every movement you do but there are a few things I usually keep in my mind.

First of all your father knows, He might not be very open about it but he still knows, If he saw it as a huge problem he wouldn't be quiet about it, Maybe he's being quiet because he doesn't think it's that big of a deal? I felt the same at first, I used to think my family laughed behind my back but they're actually supportive of it. I was just over thinking everything.

Next you have to remember what you're actually buying...a toy, You're not buying anything questionable or dangerous, There's a reason you will need to bring I.D. if you wanted to buy something harmful.

Has anyone ever asked for I.D. when buying a toy? Nope.

The people are just there to do their job, Go home, Watch TV and think of the paycheck at the end of their week, Not obsess over someone buying a pony toy.

(I know this isn't what you asked but I just thought it might help other people who read it, Plus I have to remind myself the same thing all the time. :P )

But I guess what i'm trying to say is no one would really pay any attention if you brought a toy rather than something like a weapon, So act as you would when buying something else non-harmful like cereal or a pair of socks, Don't act like you're trying to buy a weapon or something. :P

Sorry I rambled on a bit. Take care buddy I hope all goes well. :)

• Brohoof 3

well if he knows you are a brony and has not thrown a fit about it just buy it and let him shake his head at you.

or go back later and buy it or have a friend do it for you

Sorry to be invasive but seeing your age, why is it hard for you or your friend to get it themselves? I'm not judging you based on your age, i'm just curious is all. If they aren't comfortable enough to be open with their parents, then why do they need to buy it in front of them at all? Just wait till you go to the mall with friends and buy it then. Sorry if I come off as mean.

Do you have to get it tonight? Couldn't you just get it by yourself at a later date?

This! Why not just get it sometime when you are not with your father, that seems like it would be the best option IMO.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...
On 2014-04-24 at 5:17 PM, bailey2 said:

I've felt like this in the past and that I look back on it I think how silly it was.

I know it can be scary because you feel like you're being judged with every movement you do but there are a few things I usually keep in my mind.

First of all your father knows, He might not be very open about it but he still knows, If he saw it as a huge problem he wouldn't be quiet about it, Maybe he's being quiet because he doesn't think it's that big of a deal? I felt the same at first, I used to think my family laughed behind my back but they're actually supportive of it. I was just over thinking everything.

Next you have to remember what you're actually buying...a toy, You're not buying anything questionable or dangerous, There's a reason you will need to bring I.D. if you wanted to buy something harmful.

Has anyone ever asked for I.D. when buying a toy? Nope.

The people are just there to do their job, Go home, Watch TV and think of the paycheck at the end of their week, Not obsess over someone buying a pony toy.

(I know this isn't what you asked but I just thought it might help other people who read it, Plus I have to remind myself the same thing all the time. :P )

But I guess what i'm trying to say is no one would really pay any attention if you brought a toy rather than something like a weapon, So act as you would when buying something else non-harmful like cereal or a pair of socks, Don't act like you're trying to buy a weapon or something. :P

Sorry I rambled on a bit. Take care buddy I hope all goes well. :)

Spot on!

Hmmmmm nearby. Nearby makes things difficult and I highly recommend going at a time when you're father isn't around if its going to cause you trouble.

However I'll still try to be helpful despite this being an age old thread.

Take a book bag or some form of bag large enough. You could potentially sneak away to "use the restroom", buy what you need and get back to him. 

Or go "use the restroom" buy the merch along with some other things, bury the merch in the bag and just tell him you went ahead and bought your stuff now so he wouldn't have to wait on you(or some sort of excuse he'll by.) If he wants to see what you bought, that's why you bury it in the plastic bag well enough so you can show him but it not be seen. 

• Brohoof 1