Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Horrible Bosses

Celestial Wish

Anyone ever had a boss that you just wanted to drop kick in front of customers, laugh ludicrously, and carry on with your life?

I've had many, and thankfully most of them have been dethroned or dishonored. 

Edited by Celestial Wish
  • Brohoof 1

Oh...I got all excited because I thought this was going to be a thread about the toughest video game bosses.  I was gonna be all "Theseus on Titan mode!!".  Lol.  Anyway, no, can't say that I've had any horrible bosses irl.

• Brohoof 2

Oh...I got all excited because I thought this was going to be a thread about the toughest video game bosses.  I was gonna be all "Theseus on Titan mode!!".  Lol.  Anyway, no, can't say that I've had any horrible bosses irl.

Oh, I thought you meant video game bosses. Dammit, and I was so tempted to say Spider Guardian :c

Made a thread for you two :P Video game bosses can such just as much.. 

Oh yeah. The biggest problem was that it was a printing room full of people, and he was my dad....

That doesn't sound fun..... at all...

oh man if only i could hear the details.

Oh, I forgot to explain. He kept abusing us and saying that we do a bad job with customers, so he got fired for it. :D

• Brohoof 1

I once dealt with a boss whose problem was that he left me out to dry. The workplace had a model where you, the employee, were to call him in the afternoon to discover what task you were going to accomplish the next day. When I called him, he would either A: fail to call me back, B: call me back and then tell me: "can you call me back at X time?" (which led to A) and C: asking if I was qualified to do this sort of work (the answer is yes, dude. That's why you hired me). I didn't work a single day for him and after two weeks of these shenanigans, I left him. It's a damn shame too. He impressed me during my initial interview with him and I was looking forward to being his employee.

Once had an old boss who wouldn't tell me his last name so I could write it down for my job history.

He told me to just make something up.

I wrote down "dickhead" on the paper and showed it to him.

Edited by KelGrym
  • Brohoof 2

I have a horrible boss, I'm glad he is fired now. :lol:

The same thing happened to this one boss I had, I transferred to another store in the district in part because of him. Everyone was terrified of him, even the assistant manager he was one of those bosses that was on a total power trip. Turns out that he violated a lot of labor laws and since the company was settling a major lawsuit about that and probably didn't want another one he got the boot thanks to testimony from me and others. In my new store I went through a couple of managers and had no problems but the current manager is not as bad as the one I left behind but is still an asshole.

My nickname for him is Mr Slash and Burn because he cuts labor down to such an absurd extent that nobody can get anything done and when things go wrong he finds scapegoats to take the fall and I tend to be one of those scapegoats. I understand that hours need to be cut sometimes to make labor but there are much smarter ways to go about it, not enough help is one of the main factors that caused my 4th knee injury. He is nearly impossible to talk to, has poor communication skills which often results in him and the the assistant manager and key carriers (mid to low ranked managers) not being on the same page. Since he got transferred to my store it has changed and not for the better, productivity and morality are at a rock bottom low with many department heads and workers in general feeling like they are being sabotaged.

• Brohoof 3