Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Attack on Titan

Rokkurin

Has anyone seen the new anime Attack on Titan? If so, what are your thoughts?

Also, there is a free game that a person has developed. So, if you like the show as much as me and want to see if you have what it takes to kill a Titan, put "For Humanity" in your comment and I will PM you the link to the game.

PS. You can play the game online with other people.

Edited by Rokkurin
  • Brohoof 1

Let me explain, BEST. ANIME. EVER.

Okay, maybe not for all and because I've seen too many Shojo animes to know any good ones, but I loved Attack on Titan, it was an amazing show for me. I loved the action, the plot, the whole idea with the titans, the walls and I know this sounds a little strange, but even though the deaths had an emotional impact, they were good to illustrate how cruel and awful things can be compared to other animes and that almost everyone can die instead of the hero dying, coming alive, dying, coming alive many times through the series.

• Brohoof 2

I think it is an amazing anime, may be not the best one ever but it is awesome for sure. What I like a lot about this one is that it is crude and rude, and the fact that we are introduced to a world that we know soooo little about it and episode by episode we discover little things... It's just amazing. And Misaka, such strength and personality in one character... Commander Pixis is best character though ;) Oh and that intro.

• 4 weeks later...

Watched all of the AoT sub in the last week, I absolutely adored it! Now I've been watching the dub on TV as well. :D

I just love the characters, the story, the titans, the general art design makes the show just gorgeous to look at especially on TV, the OST... man that fucking OST... :wub:

A lot of animes I've only liked, but Attack on Titan I love- easily my favorite of all time in this genre. I can't wait for whenever a second season rolls around. :yay:

I have seen  the first three episodes of the dub and it's a pretty good anime. The story's intriguing the characters are interesting, and the animation is good. It leaves you curious for what's next. I will say some of the dub voices get a little grating after a while. 

Watched it. I will say the did a good job of making the Titans feel...uncomfortable, detestable, and disgusting. The eating scenes are pretty intense emotionally!

Potato Girl is indeed impressive.

Watched it. I will say the did a good job of making the Titans feel...uncomfortable, detestable, and disgusting. The eating scenes are pretty intense emotionally!

Potato Girl is indeed impressive.

I almost feel bad for saying this, but I found the eating scenes to be comical and anti-serious... except for the time Eren's mother was eaten.  That was just easily predictable, and therefore not an emotional moment.

(edited)

I enjoyed the anime (not particularly my favorite) and it was worth the watch.

Not a fan of the art style, found a lot of the characters boring, and there was too much talking. I enjoyed watching Levi kick some titan ass, however. As much as I disliked many aspects, I'll admit it is a fairly high quality anime.

Though, the fandom is just awful, seriously.

ESPECIALLY on Tumblr. Apparently there's ship wars in the Titan fandom, and it's gotten so aggressive to the point someone's commit suicide.

I'm definitely not touching that fandom.

Edited by Xievie
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Though, the fandom is just awful, seriously. ESPECIALLY on Tumblr.

Man, Tumblr is probably the worst place to judge a fandom given that the MLP fandom on Tumblr is not much better with all the arbitrary controversies around some explicit content.

Anyways, I'm really excited for the next season of Attack on Titan. After reading the manga up to a point, I feel like the anime will just be mindblowing once S2 comes out.

• Brohoof 1

I really like the anime but I don't read the manga(probably I'll read it at some point). Sometimes I have nightmares with titans and every time it ends badly for me...

I think its a great anime, I haven't watched too many animes but Attack on Titan is probably one of my favourites. Its actually the first anime where I went out of my way to read the manga, purely because I wanted to know more story.

At this point I have read all chapters of the manga and mostly feed my Attack on Titan need with the awesome game http://fenglee.com/game/aog/ (which has multiplayer and all of you guys need to play it)

I see some of the appeal in Attack but it always feels like 70% of the time it's them crying and bitching. On top of that there are only one maybe two good characters the rest being Mikasa stale, underdeveloped, killed off within five seconds, or Eren level of stfu. Now hopefully with the next season considering how terrible of a villain Annie was, things get a lot more interesting with a better villain and if anyone reads the manga, that's how it probably will go down.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm currently watching episode 6 on Adult Swim; I loved that one that was running like a little ballerina princess towards the crowd.  I've also gained some respect for Mikasa, mainly because of how she handled the merchant flank hole.

Edited by Washougal_Otaku
  • Brohoof 1

I LOVE it.  It's my current entertainment-related obsession.  Levi is best character though, sorry Bojo.  ;)

The opening song is sooooooo awesome.  I didn't like it at first and i'd skip over it, but then i gave it another chance and i love it now.  Just started the english dub episodes now, and I'm a little disappointed with some of the voices.  I was expecting Armin to have not so deep of a voice, I guess.  He just seems like he'd be young sounding.  

Also, Levi is my waifu. :wub:   I'm calling it right now.   :okiedokielokie: