Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

16 Year Old Girl murdered by Student for turning him down for prom.

Moved to Elsewhere

Oh that's really sad. What kind of world are we living in? Oh I know, A BAD ONE! One were people get bullied for my little pony and being themselves, a world where you can't be yourself to make friends, a place were people are stereotypical to people who live in states like Texas, a place where..... OHHHH THIS WAS A TERRIBLE Tragedy. But it happened. The best we can do is try not to mess up in life, pretend we are normal and just live. Or we could REVOLT AND TAKE DOWN THE ROOT OF EVIL!

• Brohoof 3

It's sad but this is the world we live in. I mean a few years ago in Philadelphia a kid accidentally hit a guy with a snow ball and the guy went home got a gun and shot the poor kid. This psycho hopefully doesn't get to play the insanity card. I thunk he should rot in a federal prison. I say try hum as an adult and throw him in with all the others.

Bah. Whether or not this happens every day in our society, there's no use being callous and nonchalant about it. The girl's age is similar to mine, which makes the situation all more impacting—killing a high school student for rejecting him for something as stupid as prom? It makes me wonder if the same thing would happen to me someday. Maybe I should just accept every single invitation guys throw at me.

This feels like the "your little suicidal depression doesn't matter because there are people DYING of STARVATION out there" mentality that some people have been having due to the "depression" of the forums. Just because people are killed every day doesn't mean a certain one doesn't matter, and I'm frankly a bit appalled by some people's reactions in this topic.

Edited by Clarity-chan
  • Brohoof 2

Nobody really like rejection. If they did, it wouldn't be rejection. There is more to this story, I just know there is. Sane people just don't do that. Either there is more to this story that we're not getting about this guy and the girl. OR, this guy has some very SERIOUS problems. Along with being in prison this guy should be forced to take counseling or something or some kind of evaluation. 

Rejection is a part of life, doesn't matter if it's a prom date or a job etc.etc.etc. you don't just kill someone out of the blue over something like that, unless you have some very deep psychological issues. Get this guy some help, than let him rot in jail. 

Edited by Scootaloo Is Best Filly

Bah. Whether or not this happens every day in our society, there's no use being callous and nonchalant about it. The girl's age is similar to mine, which makes the situation all more impacting—killing a high school student for rejecting him for something as stupid as prom? It makes me wonder if the same thing would happen to me someday. Maybe I should just accept every single invitation guys throw at me.

This feels like the "your little suicidal depression doesn't matter because there are people DYING of STARVATION out there" mentality that some people have been having due to the "depression" of the forums. Just because people are killed every day doesn't mean a certain one doesn't matter, and I'm frankly a bit appalled by some people's reactions in this topic.

If that's the case then every single death that happens should be mourned, but it doesn't happen. Only the really 'tragic' deaths are reported most of the time and nothing is ever accomplished. People just jump on a mourning bandwagon, make a comment then move on with their day.

Murder is insanely common, it doesn't make it any less sad, but it being sad doesn't make it any less common either. The thing is, this kid killed her due to rejection. There could possibly be more to this. It is actually VERY possible Mental instability, past rejection which has created issues, things that are never investigated until AFTER something happens. Even then, no progress is made.

It is really depressing in that way but that's how it is. If I tried to actively mourn every murder or death that happens, I would be crying for eternity. Plus, it isn't my place to do so if I had absolutely nothing to do with this person and whatnot, that right belongs to the family and friends. That's just my opinion there though.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

Ha! Jokes on the killer. He's NEVER going to get a prom date now! He's going to rot in jail. 

Anyways, this sucks. Poor girl. What an asshole. Oh, she doesn't want to go to prom! Let's do something evil!

Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 1

It's sad but this is the world we live in. I mean a few years ago in Philadelphia a kid accidentally hit a guy with a snow ball and the guy went home got a gun and shot the poor kid. This psycho hopefully doesn't get to play the insanity card. I thunk he should rot in a federal prison. I say try hum as an adult and throw him in with all the others.

Pleading insanity is actually pretty rare and has a very high burden of proof. You have to be able to prove that the defendant simply could not understand the consequences of his actions. So unless his lawyer can prove that he thought the girl was a werewolf or something, then it won't work. And even if you succeed at it, you're just trading life in prison for life in an asylum.

• Brohoof 2

Shit like this happens all the time. I'm pretty sure I could find an even worse case if I wanted to.  I hate hearing about stuff like this. I prefer to be optimistic, but this reminds me just how broken our species society can be.

Fixed it for you.

Don't see this as an attack on what you believe but instead see this as an offer I am presenting you to find out more reasons to be optimistic because that is what you want, correct?

Unfortunately this isn't a topic I know the nuts and bolts of just yet but I could point to sources I'm still in the process of looking into. This World Report on Violence and Health (2002). The following are quotes that can be found in Chapter 1 of the research paper:

Recent research suggests that while biological and other individual factors explain some of the predisposition to aggression, more often these factors interact with family, community, cultural and other external factors to create a situation where violence is likely to occur.

The public health approach to any problem is interdisciplinary and science-based. It draws upon knowledge from many disciplines, including medicine, epidemiology, sociology, psychology, criminology, education and economics.The concern is to prevent health problems and to extend better care and safety to entire populations. Its focus is on dealing with diseases and with conditions and problems affecting health.

According to Dr. James Gilligan -- author and professor at the Department of Psychiatry, New York University -- economic inequality is a major predictor of violence within populations.

It's clear that the USA has a major violence problem but doing anything about will seriously threaten the status quo. I mean seriously, to question economic inequality is to question the USA's (extreme) capitalism experiment and would likely get you labeled Communist right off the bat. Heck, the USA seems to pride itself on income inequality if this display holds any credible weight.

• Brohoof 2