Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

16 Year Old Girl murdered by Student for turning him down for prom.

Moved to Elsewhere

That is probably the worst reason for murder I have ever heard.

And  I am even including ABB.  He killed around 80 people and lied about some secret agency.....

Edited by A CrayZ Cat

Well he won't even be going to prom since he got arrested.

fB19z.gif

But to be serious, here, I hate to say it, but when I get sneaking suspicions someone might do this in the wake of outright depression (or something else crazy and irrational), I'll do my best to let them off gently into the friendzone.  It does explode in my face more often than not, since redirecting someone as opposed to telling them to go away completely makes them think I can continue.

Rejection is a part of life, accepting it is an unfortunate, but necessary, aspect in life.

I've read the article, and the prom denial (if said denial even existed) being the motive is just a rumor. I don't trust rumors. People will make up slander and spread it like a virus just to belittle others.

Of course, I'm not excusing the murderer's behavior; but how I see it, in incidents like these, there are always at least two victims. The boy who carried out the crime must have had some pretty sh*t problems in his life if he was ill enough to do something like this.

Edited by Asterisk Propernoun

If the boy really liked this girl, but she declined it, was it really necessary just to kill that person even though they let you down?

I mean really, that goes way to far. If I get rejected by a girl, I'll shrug it off, and just move on.

But this, this goes WAY FAR past normal.

I just heard this on the news. Just wow. I wondered if this kid was somehow bullied over the prom and her rejection just put him over the edge. I have no idea. So sad. 

Yeah, I bet there's more to the story than this. It's sad, but it's also sad that there's something that drove him to such an extreme.

This is going to sound really, stupidly obvious, but murder never made sense to me.  Not only are you taking the life of someone else, don't forget you're also throwing your own life down the crapper.  What in the universe is worth risking that?

I read on Facebook that this guy was an Ex boyfriend of this girl and when she said no to going to the prom with him he stabbed her to death with a kitchen knife.

Do you think this was planned? Seeing as he stabbed her to death with a kitchen knife, in what I could imagine was school , sounds like he knew she would say "no" and thinking another dude was involved.

Unfortunately, I'm not very surprised by this because I don't think this is all that uncommon-just because we don't hear about them through the news doesn't necessarily mean there aren't a lot of disturbed individuals out there who are likely to harm others for less than that.

With that said, this truly is sad as this girl had her entire life ahead of her and had it ripped away just because she said 'no' to the wrong guy (who is probably mentally ill). 

I read this morning in the paper (I live in Connecticut) that he's being charged as a juvenile. I don't agree with this, as it means he is likely to be released while still relatively young. 16 years old is plenty old enough to know that murdering someone is wrong, and whether he has simple rage problems or psychological issues, he needs to be tried as an adult and put away for more than just a few years.

• Brohoof 1

There are more puns than not on here oh gawd...

But, I really didn't know about this till this thread...

Here's my analysis after reading some stuff online about it.

He was irrational, obviously. He did this out of rage, and he is a bad person... He first choked her, and then tried to throw her down the stairs, WHAT?! He is 16, he should know the damage that could cause, he did that on purpose, there is no accidents when you choke someone and then you THROW THEM. You heard me he threw her down the stairs, that could've easily killed her! He is a murder, there was no accident when you do what he did... He was her ex, which means there was anger in this, he tried to get in with her again but she turned him down. I don't know the whole back story about this relationship but I know that this was out of rage. And because that didn't end her, he stabbed her! With a knife.

Look at WHAT exactly he did. Throwing someone down the stairs, one has killed so many people. In shows and movies there has been incidents where people were killed by being thrown down a flight of stairs, he tried to do it, and that didn't work. You cannot say that pushing someone down the stairs was a accident, or maybe it can be but you know what you were doing and you were just being irrational. But, given that there is no timer for how long he choked her, before pushing her down the stairs I'm going to say that he did it for 5-10 seconds. That is easily enough time to let go, fall down on the floor crying and saying you're sorry, but rage engulfed him and he did NOTHING. Because of what he did before, choking her it is obvious what his intent was on, DEATH.

Next, let's see what he did next. He took a knife, from home. That upon it's self means he purposely brought a MURDER weapon to the school to KILL HER. You heard me FREAKING KILL HER AND HE DID! He stabbed her in the neck, and she died in the hospital. I my self actually carry scissors around with me at ALL times, but I doubt he truly that he carries a knife from home at all times, no he brought that to kill.

Now his punishment which is the worst thing of this all. After, obviously on the intent to kill AND KILLING SOMEONE, he was a murder in this and should be charged accordingly (349 months) minimum! But, as a juvenile he is going to the juvenile court and will be charged around 3 or 4 years... 

There is hope, in this though. Connecticut is known for juveniles going into adult prisons, with 332 cases... I believe that he should be charged as a adult. People have, many times gone charged as a adult. 12 year old Christian was charged as a adult for 349 months and is still in prison currently. In 2009 he moved into the adult prison.

All this to me says he should be treated like a adult. He is 16, and should know that doing this is wrong. He had the intent to kill and was her ex so there was obvious hatred still there, the juvenile system some times can be decent, but usually it's bad, and in this case if he isn't charged like a adult, to me I believe a mistake was made. He should be treated like a adult, I believe 2nd degree murder is the most rational thing though, and I believe is the most that they'll get but that is fine, as long as he get's what he deserves.

To this, all I can say is I hope he get's what he deserves and the evidence, even if it's small can tell you that he needs more than juvenile court taking care of him... 

Sorry, for being 'jokey' at first about this whole topic. This isn't a thing to joke about AT ALL. 

Edited by Shisko (Collin)

I hope it was quick... (It wasn't...)

Seriously, if someone says no, why force them into it (assuming she may have been given a chance before death)? How will you enjoy your time with someone you know is just your slave and doesn't want to be with you?

If that wasn't the case, I'm certain the family must be really upset about this. My consoles (consoled sense, condolences!) to the family and their loss. I hope the guy is punished severely and suffers the exact same way the other family is. Hopefully, he'll eventually feel terrible about what he did and ask for forgiveness, while still being punished.

Edited by Super80 Wolf