Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Company Spam bots

Rascal~
Go to solution Solved by NavelColt,

I've seen more than a few of them about the place, spam bots for companies like dressmakers and liverpool kitchens and such. 
I know that I report them, or well the topics they make. Would it be an alright thing if I were to report the members that these topics are coming from? I only report the topics, and I don't know if the members that the topics are coming from are being dealt with anyway. Like I'm sure a mod can always follow the topic creator and get rid of them, but can you guys actually do that or should I report both the topic and the member?

• Brohoof 1

Yes @, it works all the same if you report the spam bot itself as the mods end up removing all the bots posts and its profile anyway.

As Dawn said, Mods and admins have a magical button located on profiles that completely nukes the account. All of their topics are insta-deleted, as well as their statuses and they're auto-banned forever. It's called the 'Mark as Spammer' button :3 This is used when it's clear that an account is a bot. Fast cleanup. Not nearly as difficult to clean up as a problematic member who would need a staff to physically sift through their posts content.

So, when it comes to accounts that are 100% clearly bots, report the individual post, or the account, it actually doesn't matter much. Just include 'Is a bot' or something along those lines.

• 6 years later...

As the question was asked and answered by either a staffer or user who was correct, we will be closing this question out. Thank you as always.