Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is MLP FIM the only 'girly' thing you like?

Bendy

Is My Little Pony the only 'girly' thing you like?  

133 users have voted

1. 1. Is My Little Pony the only 'girly' thing you like?

• Yes.
    • No. (state what in post.)

I don't wear it, but I often prefer women's jewelry.  If anything I'm jealous because, as a male, my ring choices generally fall into one of three categories: 1. skulls, 2. eagles, 3. rings with initials on them.  Not that I necessarily have anything against skulls or eagles or my initials, but c'mon!  I like jade, amber, peridot, pearl, and blue turquoise.  My feet have been known to cross dress lol; I like colorful socks.  Hello Kitty is undeniably adorable, and I used to own both a Hello Kitty watch and PEZ dispenser.  Though green is my favorite color, my second fave is pastel pink.  I own some (and would like to own more) Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura manga.

The Sailor Moon thing may not be the best example, however, since I have some boyish-type affection for the Sailor Scouts :wub: .

Where do smooth jazz and J-pop fall on the girly scale??!?  Kyary Pamyu Pamyu gets a wub face, too :wub: .

Personally, I think gender roles are nonsense.  No one should be able to tell you what you can and can't like.  Not saying you can't be a manly man or a girly girl, but you shouldn't be expected to be either.

What does define a "girly" thing anyway? 

Where's the line between them? 

And also why the :yay:  we need to divide stuff as "girly" and "not girly"?  :eww:

Yeah, even as I was replying to the topic I was thinking more or less the same thing lol.  If I had to define "girly," it would be based almost entirely on my perception of what the consensus perception was of something.  So...  My perception of...  A  perception.

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

I like Winx Club, and I hide that too. In fact my pony is based of my fairy.

I like WITCH. Watched all of this show and liked it.

Played the Totally Spies GBA games. The dating parts kinda got to me.

Cardcaptors. Dubbed though, hence why I use the Western version. All the guy on guy was removed and it was a bit disjointed until it finally disappeared from WB.

I used to watch Powerpuff Girls when it was on reruns on Boomerang. It was on WB for a bit but they took it down and I never heard from it until then.

Edited by bronislav84

I've always liked The Powerpuff Girls, but never specifically considered it girly. I didn't think of it as any different than watching Dexter's Lab, or Spongebob.

I Only found MLP because Tara voiced Bubbles in a parody skit I found channel surfing :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2pWFzSwOVQ

I looked her up to see what she was doing these days... and here I am.

Edited by Cirrus-Lee

I watch and read shoujo anime, I've played with Barbies and played Barbie video games, been known to enjoy touchy-feely movies like 13 Going On 30...

I'm not overly concerned with target audience or gender nuances in media.

Until the day someone makes something "girly" that's respects it's audience, MLP is currently the only "girly" show I watch.

And no, The Powerpuff Girls was never intended to be a "little girls' show". That's a common misconception we have the marketing department to thank for.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 2

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Fusce consequat, nulla at aliquam pretium, ligula neque accumsan nunc, ac cursus odio enim sit amet odio. Sed fermentum lorem nec turpis varius varius. Donec porttitor, nulla ut pulvinar pellentesque, ex diam gravida leo, et auctor eros tortor eget lacus. Donec sodales est quam, eget luctus justo congue quis. Fusce sed sollicitudin felis. Suspendisse commodo ipsum ac nibh volutpat, in faucibus neque pulvinar. Donec quis bibendum velit.

Edited by abc123

"Girly" shows that I like are MLP (of course, DUH) and Powerpuff Girls!

I used to watch that show when I was kid for many FREAKING TIMES!!

Now, the show pretty much dead, MLP is now taking over and it's pretty AWESOME REPLACEMENT! :D

Nope, I've watched many Disney princess movies, which in my opinion, are more girly than MLP. For shows, I watch some anime where girls play a big role in it, The Powerpuff Girls, and even Angelina Ballerina to name a few.

I love many of the Disney princess films, including FrozenTangledBraveThe Princess and the Frog, and Mulan. (I also quite like the Tinker Bell films, especially The Pirate Fairy and The Secret of the Wings.)

Oh, and quiche.

Not really.

The thing is, I don't even feel like I'm watching something "girly" when I watch MLP. I'm sure most of us thought the show would be stupid and stereotypically girly before we actually watched it, but it ended up being a cool show.

Anyway, I used to watch The Powerpuff Girls when I was younger (who hasn't?). I think MLP is pretty much the only "girly" thing I currently like.

I like Disney Princesses, the movies and the storybooks they make, and have a couple of the toys.  I watched Cardcaptors as a kid, and the noticably girlier Japanese dub later on and still liked it.  I like G3 MLP too, and love the toys.  I probably would like Disney Fairies, too, if I saw any of the movies.

I like unicorns

I like trashy romance novesl (50 shades of crap is a bloody no!)

I get awwww over pups/kittens

I like some shojo anime/manga

I like some romance if it adds to a story

i'm over all a tom boy!

certainly not!

I like sailor moon, pretty cure, Desperate house wives, drop dead diva, ouran highschool host club....

I really like Kawaii fashion... I used to follow a blog on tumblr dedicated to being as cute as possible. xD

But I don't just like girly stuff.... I like plenty of stuff, that could be either for boys or girls.

but I normally stay away from gender boxs when I start liking something, if I like it, I like it.

gender norms are stupid.