Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

McDonald's manager tried to refuse to sell us happy meal.

I_wesley125

Ready to go to jail over a toy...

...lol.

Well, he does have the right to refuse to sell to anyone.

It wasn't just about the toy, and he was not the owner, just the manager.

Even if he was i don't think he can refuse to sell to me, does a store owner have the right to refuse sale to a black person?

Now I want to go to a McDonald's and ask to get a toy. I'll be sure to bring along a video camera just in case. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png If things get ugly, well then, justice will be... SERVED! ^_^

In all seriousness, I'll probably have one of my friends to go in first and record me asking for it. Then if they deny my purchase and/or refuse to serve me, well, let's just say they'll either be in court or on YouTube! :angry:

Worst case scenario-

Me: Oh, and could I get a MLP toy with that?

Manager: Noa wai, u stupeed gai mann. I no surv u! U r gai an a faget!

Me: Oh, well, that's okay.

Manager: Datz rit an stae oot of my str!

Me: Before I go, you may want to know that my friend over there just recorded the entire incident; I'm sure several ponies would find your treatment of a customer very.. interesting.

Manager: Duh? Wut? OH NOES! I am stupeed 1!

First laugh of the day thnx :)

Now it just happened to be the manager(I would assume) working the till, and he said "I know about you faggots, I'm not going to help you with your creepy bullshit", There may have been some conversation between this but i don't remember but what i said was "Go get us our fucking food you fat, stupid, homophobic piece of shit" in a loud voice,

That's really rude what the guy did, but can you give me the phone number so I can prank call him? I'll troll him for the longest time, but I need to know his name so I can get him on the phone.,,,, :)

You know that's refusal to serve a customer and that's actually illegal, right?

He should get reported for that, but good for standing up for yourself dude, I personally approve of this. But I am also glad your friends stopped you getting into a fight XD

Ponies, please, don't fight an asshole with violence. Instead, just play it cool and tell him "If you refuse to serve me right now, I will refuse to come here ever again, and I will warn people of the bad service I have received here."

If he cares about his sales at all, he'll fold, if he doesn't. Just be all loud and make him look like an ass in front of the whole store. Loudly say he didn't serve you and would rather go to the competition and leave.

• Brohoof 2

That's really rude what the guy did, but can you give me the phone number so I can prank call him? I'll troll him for the longest time, but I need to know his name so I can get him on the phone.,,,, :)

That's not right...

It wasn't just about the toy, and he was not the owner, just the manager.

Even if he was i don't think he can refuse to sell to me, does a store owner have the right to refuse sale to a black person?

Yes, he does. He can refuse to sell, and say the customer was rude, etc. He could do it to be racist, or he couldn't.

Though, to a court, any minority crying "RACISM!" is right.

No exceptions.

Ever.

Not even if their wrong.

• Brohoof 1

That's not right...

Why not? I'd love to do the same! :D

Great that you stood up for yourself, but it surprises me people will give others so much shit over a TOY.

I'm gonna try this one of these days, it sounds fun! :lol:

Sounds to me like you let your anger get the better of you in that situation, but I can understand why you would. I might have been just as angry if I were actually met with that sort of attitude.

If I were you I would definitely report his behavior. While yours wasn't quite acceptable either, it's more justifiable given that you were the customer and given the circumstances. I don't know if you'd be able to get much in the way of action performed, but it's possible something could be done.

And in the meantime I should be prepared to face similar behavior from any McDonald's employees I attempt to purchase the toys from...I haven't attempted to yet.

I don't know his name but i can get the number.

Sounds to me like you let your anger get the better of you in that situation, but I can understand why you would. I might have been just as angry if I were actually met with that sort of attitude.

If I were you I would definitely report his behavior. While yours wasn't quite acceptable either, it's more justifiable given that you were the customer and given the circumstances. I don't know if you'd be able to get much in the way of action performed, but it's possible something could be done.

And in the meantime I should be prepared to face similar behavior from any McDonald's employees I attempt to purchase the toys from...I haven't attempted to yet.

I have some anger problems i know, but in this case they helped me...
  • Brohoof 1

Once again I'm going to stress how insulting some people can be. Some just need to learn some self-control and tolerance for others' differences. Just remember that he's the one working as a McD's manager whereas you stand up for your own beliefs as a, may I say; stalwart defender. Good on you for responding with such zeal but be sure your anger does not get the better of you and the public begins to see you as a hooligan, when in reality you are the one who is right.

I don't usually like to post these kind of images, but this is what I think was running through the managers' mind:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

While I believe customer is king, you are invited into a shop, you should show courtesy,m even if you receive none, but if they treat you bad, tell them that you won't tolerate it.

Not showing courtesy and outright calling someone a fag are two different things.
  • Brohoof 2

What an aggravating situation!

Wonder what I would have done...

Ideally: "Sir, are you aware that you have insulted me with a biased slur against homosexuals which is in essence a hate crime? I see your name is ____. I shall be making a proper report of your behavior to McDonald's as I am sure they would not want their label associated with such vulgar hate. Perhaps I shall even be forced to contact the authorities."

A bad possibility given my temper: "Shut your trap and give us the ponies or I will cut your **** off with a plastic fork, pour your salt packets on it and make you sing soprano."

Well, regardless of the initial reaction, this guy does need to be reported.

Try this yet?

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/contact_us/restaurant_feedback.html

If you do not get a satisfactory response, I would not mind writing to the corporate office myself expressing my outrage at what happened to you.

Edited by DrOphthalmos
  • Brohoof 3

I don't know his name but i can get the number.

That'd be great, but if you can a name would be necessary.... so I know I get the right guy.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2