Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

McDonald's manager tried to refuse to sell us happy meal.

I_wesley125

Get everypony you can, convene at that McDonald's, and then proceed to line up at the desk and request a Happy Meal with girls toys one by one by one.

The manager should get the point.

I don't get it! If you want a Happy Meal with the girls' toy, no one should be able to refuse to give you one. Manager or not, the way he reacted so suddenly was unacceptable and shouldn't be tolerated. I say you file a complaint or report him, 'cus really, no worker or manager has the right to refuse a sale near immediately and call anybody faggots.

At least when I went to McDonalds to pick up MLP toys, I just ordered a burger, and asked if I could get some pony toys. She asked if I wanted the blue one (rainbow dash), or the purple one (lily), and well... I wanted both. It was all good. Still, I'm missing half the ponies from the collection, so I'll need to see if I can get the rest. I didn't get any strange looks or anything, and it was fairly crowded. I honestly didn't care if people looked at me strangely; I just kept my cool while waiting for my burger.

I haven't read through all of this topic, but judging by the first post, I would have handled the situation a lot differently. I'd just say "Forget it, I'm going to a different McDonalds. I don't need to deal with your unfriendly service," and I'd just leave. If you lose your cool to someone offending you, then you're no better than them.

At least when I went to McDonalds to pick up MLP toys, I just ordered a burger, and asked if I could get some pony toys. She asked if I wanted the blue one (rainbow dash), or the purple one (lily), and well... I wanted both. It was all good. Still, I'm missing half the ponies from the collection, so I'll need to see if I can get the rest. I didn't get any strange looks or anything, and it was fairly crowded. I honestly didn't care if people looked at me strangely; I just kept my cool while waiting for my burger.

I haven't read through all of this topic, but judging by the first post, I would have handled the situation a lot differently. I'd just say "Forget it, I'm going to a different McDonalds. I don't need to deal with your unfriendly service," and I'd just leave. If you lose your cool to someone offending you, then you're no better than them.

In doing so you lose the battle, by yelling at him i won.

In doing so you lose the battle, by yelling at him i won.

You already lost the battle when he refused service. He also lost because he lost a customer.

Oh boy oh boy, lemme tell you what a brony-bro at my school said this morning.

He was waiting in line to buy the two toys that came out this week, and two people ahead is this 6'6 biker guy, with a Harley and a biker jacket and a shaved head and big muscles. He says, "Give me a happy meal. One of the girls ones." They gave it to him. I asked my brony if he brohoofed the guy on the way out, and he just said "Oh GOD no, he might've killed me."

Glad you didn't punch the manager though. Definitely report him though, I know it is alot of work and annoying, but trust me, as somepony who works retail, it's the only way to fix that kind of sturf. :3

Now isn't that the best way for customer satisfaction? Refusing to condensate and deliver an order to a customer, and resorting to offensive, homophobic ad hominem attacks toward said customer. Thus, loosing a bit of profit, and like I mentioned, customer satisfaction.

Honestly, the manager should've kept his prejudice nature to himself, and just deliver the happy meal. Resention to deliverance can possibly lead to a loss of profit, and conflict between the customer, and the restaurant. If anything, the manager should be kissing you, and all of the other brony's asses for the fact that sales are starting to uprise a bit because of the My Little Pony toys. Even if I was a non-brony manager, I'd be doing that because of your help increasing our profit.

The manager needs to learn, that blocking customers from items that they can still achieve, is a foul move on their part. So what if he doesn't like bronies having toys? THEY'RE INCREASING THE COMPANY'S PROFIT! That's all that matters. Don't companies want as much money as possible? Apparently not this one. -_-

Great job at fighting back though! :)

Edited by Misselaineous97
  • Brohoof 1

I just automatically go into countertroll mode. I love it. My friends freak out if they are in the area, because the chiller I am, the crazier I get. :blink: >=D

Posted Image

Edited by Squeaker

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I'd report him if I were you. I wouldn't put up with bullshit like that-sure, you told him off, but I'd take it further. If he said all of that, you could get him in serious shit if you reported him to head office. Plus, you have witnesses to the whole thing. I wouldn't take it lying down.

So this. That man should pay for what he did. It's incredibly bigoted and not to mention unprofessional. The "F" word is completely unacceptable in this day and age. It's your duty to see to it that this never happens to anyone else.

Edited by Jemboi

Well does not matter what you want from the menu, you can get it, you should've asked for the owner and got that person in trouble, or even threatening them with a lawsuit, no franchise wants negative media attention.

(edited)

I'd report him if I were you. I wouldn't put up with bullshit like that-sure, you told him off, but I'd take it further. If he said all of that, you could get him in serious shit if you reported him to head office. Plus, you have witnesses to the whole thing. I wouldn't take it lying down.

If I were the OP, I would do the same thing and gather my friends as the witnesses, as such discriminatory remarks could most likely get the guy written up, if not outright fired (I happen to be bisexual, so I do find such remarks rather offensive). Seriously, Rainbow--Dash, gather your friends and do this ASAP, as I firmly believe that homophobia is a vile outlook that should never go unpunished. Who knows? Maybe he will get fired and one day try to apply for another job, only to perhaps not get the job due to a supervisor at a given workplace being homosexual or bisexual. ;)

Edited by M14Brony

(edited)

I believe you did the right thing standing up for yourself and aloooot of other Bronies.

Usually I don't support provoking or violence towards people even if they're haters but nice work mate!

Edited by TheBrokenToast

You are a Hero among Bronies my friend. I don't think I could ever have that kind of courage to do what you did, I would probably just pull up my hood and walk shamefully out of the place. I am very much a coward who hates conflict. I don't care what the reason was he was a fricken manager and you're the god damn customer. It is his job to make sure the customer is happy with his service. It's people like this who make me sick. You should do all you can to get this loser kicked off his job and dumped on his ass. He's a Manager, Managers should know better then to treat their customers that. That kinda behavior is just inexcusable. My blood is boiling that people like that could even be managers.

Ok, I'm still a bit pissed off but here is the story.

So me and three of my other friends went into McDonalds and we all asked for a Happy meal with girls toys, Now it just happened to be the manager(I would assume) working the till, and he said "I know about you faggots, I'm not going to help you with your creepy bullshit", There may have been some conversation between this but i don't remember but what i said was "Go get us our fucking food you fat, stupid, homophobic piece of shit" in a loud voice, My friend said i was ready to punch the guy out(He stopped me, I have been arrested for assault in the past) and i remember him saying something reluctant but doing it.

So thats my story of what happened today, just thought i needed to share it.

He thought you were pedophile or something, either way he is a b!+*4.

My cousin is the manager at the nearest McDonalds. Yay.

But seriously that man seems like a b@#$%.

Go there again and ask for another.

Wow that's nuts. You were right to defend yourself, he shouldn't use his close minded opinions as an excuse to not help a customer not matter what. Just make sure you don't do something to yourself that you'll regret.

I have to say I am really surprised that he didn't just take your money and give you your food (+ toy). I made multiple trips, and the most I got were many strange looks (my second time some of the female employees who saw me there last time started giggling). Just straight up asking was a lot easier the second time I went. The first time I said it was for my sister.