DoubleRainbow_Dash

Do you like Luna?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like Luna

• LUNA IS BEST PONY!
    • She's ok
    • I really dont care
    • SEND HER BACK TO THE MOON!

I just want to know why a lot of bronies like her (not that I don't). We rarely see her and the only major appearances she has made are in Nightmare Night and When the Sweetie Belle Toils, and we barely know her character unlike the mane 6. So leave your thoughts down below because I'm actually curious about this. 

post-25141-0-56840200-1398636806.jpg

They feel bad for her since she became Nightmare Moon, but I like Luna for who she is not for what she isn't.

Also, Luna in the show and comics is a sight to see.

Edited by Scootalove

Because .. night princess?

I like the idea of Luna. I like what her character's role is, though we haven't seen a whole lot of her. I've still seen her do more work than Celestia.

Because she is the PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT!!!! Also her failure to have any social interactions fora thousand years make her awkward in a way that is both hilarious and endearing. She is also great in her micro series comic but that is debatable if it is Cannon or not

I think some people probably relate to her, having an older sibling that grabs most of the attention, and even if not, most of the fandom sympathizes with her. Aside from all that she's just a really entertaining character, and her design is really nice too.

Edited by Frostgage

1. Because she's princess of the night, and night is what kids relate dark and edgy and cool things to - like assassins and killing and stuff.
  2. Because she's the closest thing to an 'emo' character that MLP has. ("Luna is so misunderstood! She only tried to destroy the world and kill everything within it while she was throwing a tantrum... you just don't understand mom!")
  3. Because she has a genuinely sweet, likable personality, doesn't conform to either of these stereotypes and has an nice design, voice actress and animation.

Don't get me wrong, Luna is great! I just think a lot of the fandom loves a version of the character that isn't remotely close to canon.

• Brohoof 4

This is convenient.  I was actually about to look for a Luna thread where I could post my thoughts about her.  I really love her character, but I greatly wish that she was in the show more.  I've only watched up to Ponyville Confidential so far, but it sounds like she hasn't had more than a cameo right up to the present.  What a shame, because her character is so intriguing.

Luna Eclipsed is one of my favorite episodes so far.  I've just been watching through chronologically, and when I saw that we were finally going to have a Luna spotlight episode, I was pretty excited.  However, I figured that she was just going to be like Celestia.  I.e. a royal paragon of perfection without much personality.  I mean, I like Celestia too, but she's not all that dynamic compared to the 6.  But I was so pleasantly surprised by how interesting and dynamic Luna turned out to be.  She was troubled, awkward, looking to find her place and fit in, not sure how to relate to anypony after being exiled for so long.  She felt very real and relatable to me.  She didn't turn out at all the way I imagined her to be, but that's why I like her all the more.  She's so much more interesting than I expected.  The scenes where she's sad and slowly walking across the bridge out of town, and Twi runs after her; I just loved those moments.  It made me realize that she's not just some perfect goddess or something, but she's a real pony with real feelings like the rest of us.  So awesome.  I love Luna.  I want more of her in the show. 

On a similar note, I think it would be great if we had a Celestia spotlight where we see a more real side to her.  Maybe we could see some problem she's having, see a vulnerable side to her, etc.  I would like her more if they did that.  Ooh, I know what they should do.  OOOHHH, this would be so awesome!  So, we know that Luna and Celestia are thousands of years old, right?  They should do a flashback episode spotlighting them before they became immortal.  They could have this interesting backstory of when they were just sisters, and Equestria didn't exist or something, and it could be the story of how they became immortal rulers.  And you could have interesting conflict and show relatable, vulnerable sides to them.  They might even be just earth ponies at that point.  This could make a great spin-off movie, I think.  Way better than Equestria Girls.  The Celestia and Luna Chronicles.  Tagline: Before They Were Goddesses, They Were Ponies.  Omg, that would rock.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 1

You should see the fanart and music that bronies make of her. That also hypes up Luna to be a goddess of the night figure.

From 2011, fan music portrayed Celestia as a tyrant and Luna as the "savior," and this just caught on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf0tYs5U5RI

Of course I'll shamelessly promote my own song I have for Luna. New Lunar Republic undertones, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2jBEB8YepQ

I guess in the beginning of the fandom a lot of bronies hyped her up with fan works and it just caught on.

• Brohoof 2

I really love Luna because it shows she has a dark side just like we all do.  It shows that she hurts and it makes her do things that she really didn't mean to do.  She has depth that is really very touching.  And as mentioned before, she is quite beautiful. 

I guess I must love her because I brought her home from Babscon.

post-24829-0-27901500-1398643414_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

She has a very beautiful character design, and Tabitha does an amazing job voicing her.

Pretty much this, haha. Her backstory has great potential, her character design is amazing, and overall I just find her much more interesting then Celestia tbh. I just wish the show would give her more times to shine... :)

• Brohoof 1

Her evolution has been interesting to watch. I do however agree that she needs to be in more episodes. You know shes there but shes just not present as often as I'd like her to be. Still an awesome character I've loved watching over the course of the series.

GyDABAR.png

Of course I'll shamelessly promote my own song I have for Luna. New Lunar Republic undertones, of course.

Great song by the way!

Edited by Scoots and Dash
  • Brohoof 2

Apparently, Luna has many different fan-fics, songs, theories, and other stuff about her... personally, I think Celestia, Rarity, Golden Harvest, or AJ should get a little more attention.....

Because she is the princess of the night. Thus it is her duty to come into your dreams.

img-2574367-1-20121212022427!Princess_Lu

She is a very frequent visitor of my dreams, if you know what I mean.

1152px-Princess_Luna_bedroom_eyes.png

Edited by Forlong
  • Brohoof 2

Her BUTT has a moon on it, what's there not to like about that?

In all seriousness though, I've heard from several Luna fans that it's more about the nighttime than the actual pony herself, but everyone has a different opinion on the matter.

Personally, I think I would like Luna more if she were shown more, we haven't really seen that much of her, and we're on the edge of Season 5.

I don't know about you guys, but we need several more Luna episodes. I wouldn't mind the fun being doubled once again, would you?

She may have even had a change for best Princess in my heart, but I'll give you 3 guesses to who took that spot in the Season 3 finale. ^^ <3

• Brohoof 1

We'll Princess Luna is ok.

I like Princess Luna when shes nice and when she does not change to Night Mare Moon.I also like Princess Luna's hair and color and designs and her moon symbol and also the sparkles or gillter in her mane.I kinda want the Glitter or Sparkles in her mane and her moon symbol.