Journeyed out from Ponyville they did,

In their minds and hearts the task of fun,

Sources of great adventure, forth hid.

The spark of joy and hark of surprise,

Amid the waves of painterly grass,

Made to unsuspecting pony eyes

Disguised danger, hazard and crevasse.

Wary be soon, your strange scale and size,

Both height and depth may cause sights reeling.

Take care to attend friends and advise

For we shall know That Shrinking Feeling.”

Welcome to That Shrinking Feeling, a Role-Play Adventure game about 3-5 ponies who suddenly find themselves 1-inch tall, and their quest to get back to normal size while braving the threatening enormity of the town of Ponyville.

This game is to be one with a more lighthearted friendly tone, hopefully as if it were very much like a real episode of My Little Pony. Likewise, this RP is planned to not be very long in duration, and any sort of violence or threat shouldn’t really exceed the level of peril that the show does, unless you’ve got a good idea where you’re going with it.

Roleplay Thread

Rules:

1. Please follow the forum guidelines.
  2. Do not get squished.
  3. Be an active player! Post at least once per day, lest it slow things down for everyone else.
  4. Have fun!

Players:

1. Scribblegroove (name) [unicorn]
  2. Number Cruncher (by DukeofCanterlot) [unicorn]
  3. Kay Dreamer (name) [Crystal Unicorn]
  4. P. Ale Blaze (by Blue) [Earth Pony] [GM]
  5. Anala (by Blue Eclipse) [Earth Pony]

Dropped out:

1. Distance Traveler (by Delernil) [Pegasus]
Edited by Kay Dreamer
Adding link to IC Thread
  • Brohoof 4

This looks like fun. I just don't know what character to submit. I have quite a lot, but I'll post two of them here and you could choose which one fits better... I can't really decide :c

Note: I sometimes roleplay my characters slightly differently from their OC page, since I like to make things up on the run and develop my characters throughout each roleplay... I hope you don't mind :3

Merdyn the Mage (and a grumpy professor)

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/moros-merdyn-obrimos-r6275

Scribblegroove the musician (and my ponysona)

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/scribblegroove-r5437

This looks like fun. I just don't know what character to submit. I have quite a lot, but I'll post two of them here and you could choose which one fits better... I can't really decide :c

Note: I sometimes roleplay my characters slightly differently from their OC page, since I like to make things up on the run and develop my characters throughout each roleplay... I hope you don't mind :3

Scribblegroove the musician (and my ponysona)

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/scribblegroove-r5437

Development is figuratively my middle name! I prefer Scribblegroove over Merdyn, though. Sound projection sounds useful and amusing! Welcome aboard.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/distance-traveler-r5522

I figured this would be a nice change. Count me in :D

Clumsy daydreaming flyer? Perfect, I'll sign you onto the roster.

What do mean by 'a nice change'; how so?

Development is figuratively my middle name! I prefer Scribblegroove over Merdyn, though. Sound projection sounds useful and amusing! Welcome aboard.

Clumsy daydreaming flyer? Perfect, I'll sign you onto the roster.

What do mean by 'a nice change'; how so?

I dunno, this is a really show accurate version. And recently I've had really heavy RPs so this one sounds great.

I think he means that over the last couple of months there were barely any 'lighthearted' roleplays (except romance RP's, but those usually also had drama in them). Lot's of grim dark, action and adventure stuff. At least that's how I feel :3

Not to dispute the quality or tut-tut on the creators, but I simply can't stand subject matter like that; the whole Pony universe seems to be more tooled towards cute and fun things primarily. I could come up with an analogy that uses marshmallows and chainsaws, but I run the risk of ranting. Good thing we're clearing up that sort of thing early.

You guys have any questions about how the story will go, or anything like that?

(edited)

Hm... I like the idea, but at the same time I don't... (Some of the limits bug me for some reason...)

Meh, I'll join anyway. I'll use Swinging (Character link in my profile)

Which of them and why? We'll see how flexible we are with them.

Because if you're not sure about joining the RP, then I'm not sure about confirming your join.

Edited by Blue

This sounds adorable! I haven't role-played in a looooong time, but I've been looking for a fun one to jump on board with.

I'd love to use Kay Dreamer for this. One post per day shouldn't be hard to achieve.

• Brohoof 1

This sounds adorable! I haven't role-played in a looooong time, but I've been looking for a fun one to jump on board with.

I'd love to use Kay Dreamer for this. One post per day shouldn't be hard to achieve.

post-642-0-59068300-1398782686.png

Your character shall do splendidly. Especially considering how there will be both trains AND mud!

• Brohoof 1

Ooh! Ooh! Can I enter Riley into this one? Link in siggy!

(I have visibility of signatures turned off, but I found Riley via your user page.)

I'm just thinking about team and personality balance here.

Blaze - Peppy, curious (easily distracted)

Scribbles - Witty, joyful (narcissism)

Distance - Shy, heterodox thinking (absent-minded)

Swinging - 'unstable' (?)

Kay - Kind, creative (stubborn)

Riley - Eccentric, optimistic (silly)

If everybody is always happy and optimistic it will probably make it difficult for any appearance of drama or danger to hold, which would probably make things sort of boring.

(I have visibility of signatures turned off, but I found Riley via your user page.)

I'm just thinking about team and personality balance here.

Blaze - Peppy, curious (easily distracted)

Scribbles - Witty, joyful (narcissism)

Distance - Shy, heterodox thinking (absent-minded)

Swinging - 'unstable' (?)

Kay - Kind, creative (stubborn)

Riley - Eccentric, optimistic (silly)

If everybody is always happy and optimistic it will probably make it difficult for any appearance of drama or danger to hold, which would probably make things sort of boring.

Okay, in that case, I'll enter with Anala.

(edited)

*mistakes you never make when you hear someone's name before you see it written*

Question still stands, what would be a good time for everybody to start this thing?

Ideal times for me would be Wednesday afternoon, Thursday evening, Friday morning or various times next week as well. (April 30, May 1, May 2. My timezone is Pacific Standard Time.)

Edited by Blue

Umm, something I probably changed in how I roleplayed scribbles but haven't altered in his OC pages is that he can be very contemptuous. Almost looking down on everypony who he doesn't respect. He is joyful to ponies he trusts and respects, but against just about everypony else he can be a real asshole...

Soo... Perhaps a little drama? Scribble also likes a bit of an argument once in a while?

And please start as soon as possible. I can't wait and have loads of time!

Edited by Scribblegroove

Soo... Perhaps a little drama? Scribble also likes a bit of an argument once in a while?

Not so much that I want drama, as much as avoiding a kind of team imbalance, if you get what I mean.

And please start as soon as possible.

Noted.

Any time after 3:00 PM EST is fine with me, and I don't mind catching up a bit. Start when ready :D

I would also like the ready from , @Kay Dreamer and some response from @The Blades Shadow before we go.

Do any of you guys have any pre-game questions?

(edited)

*raises hoof* How do the ponies get shrunk in the first place?

*Highly competent teacher "ummm"...*

In all honesty this RP's premise began its life as a fan-fiction that I never completed, and happened because of a spell read incorrectly by Twilight Sparkle. I've come up with an alternative for this story, but at the outset it may seem kind of contrived. Bear with me :unsure:

Good news is you're the new Rainbow Dash.

Edited by Blue