Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc That Shrinking Feeling (Adventure)

I used to be a stranger

@

Can I assume Anala has already walked her way over to where the group is? I want to know if I can include you in my next post, and I can't just have you fall out of the sky since we've all been shrunk for a little while already.

Go for it!

Just to ensure we're all on the same scale, each of us is approximately 1 inch (2.5 cm) tall, a smidgen smaller than a Lego mini-figure.

Possible: stumbling over a large piece of gravel.

Not possible: accidentally inhaling a grain of sand (unless you can accidentally inhale a golf ball normally).

Just to ensure we're all on the same scale, each of us is approximately 1 inch (2.5 cm) tall, a smidgen smaller than a Lego mini-figure.

Possible: stumbling over a large piece of gravel.

Not possible: accidentally inhaling a grain of sand (unless you can accidentally inhale a golf ball normally).

Small enough to make any potential insect encounters interesting to say the least. =D

I imagine Kay Dreamer always fancied being a Breezie as a filly. This is not what she had in mind.

• Brohoof 1

I think we should adopt Kay's color-text for dialogue. It's a convenient and unobtrusive label, and highlights relevant information which may be used for directly addressing other players without breaking flow as @Mentions' might (even if those have their bold notations removed).

Small enough to make any potential insect encounters interesting to say the least. =D

I imagine Kay Dreamer always fancied being a Breezie as a filly. This is not what she had in mind.

That wouldn't make a bad RP idea!

I think we should adopt Kay's color-text for dialogue. It's a convenient and unobtrusive label, and highlights relevant information which may be used for directly addressing other players without breaking flow as @Mentions' might (even if those have their bold notations removed).

Thanks! I've seen a few other role-players do it, and it seems like a really good way to highlight dialogue. It only take a few seconds to do.

That wouldn't make a bad RP idea!

A trip to the land of Breezies? I don't think I've seen one yet. If I wind up with some free time once this semester is over, I could try running a thread. It'd have to be over before second semester commenced, though.

I'm off to bed, guys. I'll post in the morning once everyone's had a chance to catch up. =)

Thanks! I've seen a few other role-players do it, and it seems like a really good way to highlight dialogue. It only take a few seconds to do.

A trip to the land of Breezies? I don't think I've seen one yet. If I wind up with some free time once this semester is over, I could try running a thread. It'd have to be over before second semester commenced, though.

I'm off to bed, guys. I'll post in the morning once everyone's had a chance to catch up. =)

I'll do that with my dialogue, then.

I meant being turned into a Breezie, but that's a good one too!

G'night!

(edited)

I also recommend other users also follow this thread, so that they receive notifications when new posts are made hereon, or in the RP thread itself.

@,

Kudos on keeping in character, but 1. please keep OOC to OOC, and 2. your last statement on Anala contained no information on what she actually physically doing.

I extrapolated and I hope it wasn't too much of an imposition. But I hope that you can convey a bit more about your character in the future.

Should I move us forward, or wait for @Kay Dreamer?

Edited by Blue

Just woke up and posted. I'm good to move forward. =D

@@Blue, @@Delernil@@Scribblegroove,

Okay, I'm trying to timeline that snake. Can we assume that -

1. Blaze and Traveller bolted,
  2. Kay froze, then came to her senses and bolted,
  3. Anala attacked it after it'd lunged at Kay.

@, Just a friendly tip which I think may be useful: It would really help to clarify what Anala's doing and when, that way we don't have to take guesses about her. Little things like "Anala saw the serpent lunge at the green Crystal mare and got angry," would be enormously helpful, if only to indicate that yes, you saw that happen and Anala's actions are the next thing happening. Describe what's going on around her, describe how she's feeling about it. Have her interact with the other characters. It'll pull her deeper into the fabric of the story.

If you set yourself a minimum of at least 400 characters a post, I guarantee you'll notice an improvement.  :)

• Brohoof 1

@,

You can do it. I know you can. =D

I challenged you with 400, though 350 would probably help almost as much. My smallest post so far has been 539. That was a conversation post. The trick is to tap into how your character is feeling. Is she angry? Write about it! Confused? Write about that. Does she think the ponies around her are utter morons? Give her some internal dialogue, have her think about stuff.

Once you get into it, it's really a lot of fun. Your characters start to run off on you and become their own people.

Ha! I hold myself to a minimum of 800, though I usually have around 1100~1200 characters :3 *radiates with arrogance*

Anyway, @Kay Dreamer, if you can in fact enchant snakes with a flute Scribblegroove can mimick flute with his magic. Otherwise he'll try to deafen the snake with a small sonic explosion... Though it might be nowhere as powerful to kill the snake, it will confuse him enough to hopefully run off.

(edited)

@@Scribblegroove

Kay Dreamer's special talent is musical enchantment. Her magic influences emotion when she plays; she can inspire ideas, create vivid pictures in the mind, lift spirits or lull someone to sleep... It's what makes her such an effective minstrel and storyteller. Here's hoping it works on snakes!

I figured that's where you were going with that. =D Though pony-Kay is currently way too terrified for any logical thinking to take place.

It's probably very ironic that I actually love snakes and think they're one of the most incredible creatures in existence. ;P (Though the biggest thing I've held was a big cuddly python.)

Edited by Kay Dreamer

(edited)

Charming the snake I think qualifies as fighting it, since you are engaging it and directly preventing it from attacking you, rather than avoiding or fleeing.

If you want to, you can give it a try. I'll think of some numbers to roll chances of success. It will probably be Kay/Scribble's musical abilities vs. whether snakes can hear very well or not.

Edited by Blue

@@Blue

It's definitely a logical thing for them to try, given their abilities. =D I'm not a tabletop gamer, so I'm I'm a bit lost with rolling for probability and such. If it works, yay! If not, Kay will have to summon some courage from somewhere and try something else.

(edited)

Well this is the fun of being the Game Master. I've thought of both win and loss conditions and results for fighting the snake (and depending on what parts of the snake you attack), as well as ways to hide within the area/sensory confusion of the snake, but inevitably the game is controlled by the players most of the time. That means you guys will think of things I haven't thought of, and I must keep things fun and interesting by improvising. Charming the snake is a prime example of things I hadn't thought of. I'm sort of glad it isn't use magic to throw the snake away but the main thing is to keep things exciting and keep the fun rolling.

This is the song the descriptions make me think-of for the charm...

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

I have the coolest Idea. Scribbles and Kay just keep playing, we all climb on it's back and ride it to twilights library! :D Quickest way to end the RP, and the least likely as well :c

Just messing around, I have no idea. Scribblegroove cannot do anything while he is casting this spell by the way, so decide what you are going to do and do it! :3

I have the coolest Idea. Scribbles and Kay just keep playing, we all climb on it's back and ride it to twilights library! :D Quickest way to end the RP, and the least likely as well

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RocksFallEveryoneDies

Lol I hadn't realized by this point I'd already made a game mechanic hole already

(edited)

Oh hell yeah I am going FULL HENDERSSON on this if you give me even the slightest chance.

"MUCKLE DARMED CULTISTS! 'AIR YOU NAMBLIES KEEPIN' ME WEE MEN?!?"

Edited by Scribblegroove

(edited)

Okie doke, I've done my post. Traveller, Anala, you guys make this thing happen!

That is, I'm assuming Anala and Traveller will help Blaze trap the snake in a little makeshift head-lock, and put it to sleep while doing so.

Edited by Blue

(edited)

Okay so that was a sort of weird encounter but everything went better than expected.

Though in the future, with everyone trying three different options to solve a problem at once, it probably won't succeed so easily. Teamwork is important!

There are some terms I'll be using in Player Actions and Combat which are supposed to be pretty loose, because I think it fits the immersion best to hide the numbers that  I'm using to say if something happens or not. Terms including (but not limited to) "very low chance", "low chance", "might", "probably", "likely", "very likely", "high probability", "certainly", "will", etc.

Edited by Blue

(edited)

I feel the need to address the elephant in the room, that it should've gone without saying that the lull moment following that snake is supposed to be a conversation point.

Are there reasons why people have not yet posted? I know awkward/non-posting gaps moments happen but I wouldn't be doing my job as your GM if I didn't try to help get past them so we can keep playing.

That, or people haven't had the time in the past day-and-a-half (which is fine, I'd just like to stay informed if I can).

Edited by Blue