Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc That Shrinking Feeling (Adventure)

I used to be a stranger

I had a turn a few posts back, so I'm waiting for the right moment. I'll probably bounce off whatever Scribble posts.

I've been drowning in assignments too, though I get to have a slight breather from that for a few days. Just finished three major ones.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think I'll just push the story just a little, rather than forcing immediate action. I as well, will be quite busy over the next 24 hours or so. Though there's no reason why ponies can't just keep conversing about whatever they wish.

@@Delernil, since you're a pegasus, it may be important for you to contribute soon enough here, but that's your call.

I've been super busy for the past three days so sorry if this started to drag. That, or no biggie if life's been side-lining the game for you fellows as well.

Edited by Blue

(edited)

@@Blue@@Scribblegroove@@Delernil,

Seems like life is cutting into free time for a few of us, so for those who don't have time to post, should we assume that their characters are still tagging along quietly if the plot pushes forward? (Scribble we can probably hand wave as having a really bad headache thanks to magic overuse, so he's not talking.) That way their writers can jump back in if and when they have time to.

Edited by Kay Dreamer

(edited)

This RP definitely seems interesting. Count me in.

My OC is Number Cruncher, a unicorn who is an auditor for a living.

See below for his picture.

https://mlpforums.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-17261-0-06445900-1391034983.png

@@Delernil as well:

...As it stands, the RP is on a temporary hold because some of its participants aren't able to fit playing into their schedules at this time. Moreover, it's story does not lend charitably to players dropping out or popping in upon a whim. There is one player who hasn't posted very much whose presence in the story could be replaced (that is, if Mr. Delernil is choosing to bow out of the game because of his lack of posting in either OOC or the game) but even with his consent, I would still wait on the ready-word from other already going players ( @Kay Dreamer, , @Scribblegroove).

That said, it would also be prerequisite for you to have read all of the story up to the most recent.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

@@Blue@@@Scribblegroove@@Delernil,

Are we ready to get this thing rolling again? We've got a new post on the RP since the last post here. I'm good to post whenever, though I think Anala should probably have a turn first first. Kay will attempt to climb the Perilous Tower Of Ponies once everyone's in place.

Dunno what's happened to our Pegasus...

@@Blue@@@Scribblegroove@@Delernil,

Are we ready to get this thing rolling again? We've got a new post on the RP since the last post here. I'm good to post whenever, though I think Anala should probably have a turn first first. Kay will attempt to climb the Perilous Tower Of Ponies once everyone's in place.

Dunno what's happened to our Pegasus...

Considering your suggestion about the hiatus, four days is like two weeks in...dog-years, right?

Sure, we can get get this going again. I will be contacting Delernil regarding his absences, and possibly his prospective replacement.

Considering your suggestion about the hiatus, four days is like two weeks in...dog-years, right?

Sure, we can get get this going again. I will be contacting Delernil regarding his absences, and possibly his prospective replacement.

Probably depends on the breed of dog. Five minutes seems to equate to a whole year for mine. ;P

I figured if we have all four of us keen to get moving, we may as well. (And I reallyreallyreallyreally don't want this RP to die, it's so good. It's canon, and adventurous and exciting and just aaahhhhhh.)

• Brohoof 1

Probably depends on the breed of dog. Five minutes seems to equate to a whole year for mine. ;P

I figured if we have all four of us keen to get moving, we may as well. (And I reallyreallyreallyreally don't want this RP to die, it's so good. It's canon, and adventurous and exciting and just aaahhhhhh.)

Canon?

Canon?

I think she means how we're making a point of avoiding egregiously non-show-like subject matter if we can. Like how ponies don't die, but just get involved in whirling balls of violence.

320px-Twilight_Sparkle_enters_the_fight_

Fig 1: "Ow! OoYA! Take That! etc."

It's morning where I am at time of posting. If Delernil doesn't respond by tomorrow evening, I'm going to work under the assumption that he intends to drop out.

Sorry everybody for the hiccup, but these things happen. However I still got lots more story to go :D

I think she means how we're making a point of avoiding egregiously non-show-like subject matter if we can. Like how ponies don't die, but just get involved in whirling balls of violence.

img-2635310-1-320px-Twilight_Sparkle_ent

Fig 1: "Ow! OoYA! Take That! etc."

It's morning where I am at time of posting. If Delernil doesn't respond by tomorrow evening, I'm going to work under the assumption that he intends to drop out.

Sorry everybody for the hiccup, but these things happen. However I still got lots more story to go :D

Ah, makes sense.

What will heappen in the RP if it's so? His OC gets squished?

(edited)

Ah, makes sense.

What will heappen in the RP if it's so? His OC gets squished?

His contributions and interactions with our party have been so limited that it would not be very much work to simply unperson his character retroactively. The only thing which has seriously been contributed was helping Blaze build the neck-trap for the snake. I could edit my post to say Blaze thought of it and did it all by himself, or replace Traveller with @DukeofCanterlot's character Cruncher.

In regards to that, I'm reticent to accept him somewhat because an important part of the game later on depends upon a pegasus PC. Though I'm sure I can improvise though that lack.

Edited by Blue

In regards to that, I'm reticent to accept him somewhat because an important part of the game later on depends upon a pegasus PC.

Maybe it would have been a good idea to use Riley. He and Anala are my two favourite OCs.

Canon?

Basically what Blue said. It doesn't include any humans, nuclear weapons, guns, large scale violent wars, future-equestria scenarios, far-fetched Alicorn characters who are dark assassins with super-strong powers and are best friends with Princess Luna... You get the picture.  :P

Basically what Blue said. It doesn't include any humans, nuclear weapons, guns, large scale violent wars, future-equestria scenarios, far-fetched Alicorn characters who are dark assassins with super-strong powers and are best friends with Princess Luna... You get the picture.  :P

Yeah... I thought it meant that the RPs your OCs take part in are in the same continuity.

Yeah... I thought it meant that the RPs your OCs take part in are in the same continuity.

There seem to be a few roleplayers here who actually do that! (It's probably much easier when you run your own threads, which they both seem to do.) But Kay's a wanderer. Stands to reason she'd find herself mixed up in all kinds of situations. As long as it's sent in current-day canon Equestria, she's good. ;P

(edited)

Keep me posted. Does magic still work when you shrink?

Yes.

Now that you mention it though, when I thought about Shrinking, I also thought about the Square-Cube Law as applied to different things, and I'm not sure if it should apply to magic.

)Hereunder is a little nerding I had about the Square Cube Law.)

Surface area changes by squares, volume changes by cubes. This means if you're half your original size, you only lose 1/4 of your strength, (1/2 the size, 1/22 the muscle surface area, 1/23 the volume. That is 1/2 vs. 1/4 vs. 1/8.) which means a proportionate increase of strength by a factor of 2. As it stands, I'm still currently undecided if there's any relevance to the fact that our characters would probably be strong enough to push bowling balls around despite being the size of Lego Minifigures, if the Square Cube Law was applied. I don't want to ruin the current balance of gameplay by suddenly having that superpower present. (Which is, a kind of proportionate superpony strength.) Also, the kind of realism Square-Cube Law invokes would be fairly un-show like, since Square-Cube would also apply to surface area of our character's lungs and skin, which would make them die of hypothermia in a matter of minutes unless they lived their lives inside a warm mug of tea.

Perhaps there is a slight invocation of Square-Cube, so that we're all proportionately a little bit stronger, but not very much.

I'm going to say magic is affected by the Square Cube Law, as a function of brain volume. This means that unicorns who could only lift something the size of their head, can still only lift something the size of their head.

It would be a tad overpowered if Unicorns could still lift a normal sized book while being tiny. I imagine Scribblegroove would immediately have us find one, and then pick it up to ride it like a magic carpet and fly us directly to the Library, ruining the hours I spent coming up with interesting places to go and things to see.

Edited by Blue

I'm going to say magic is affected by the Square Cube Law, as a function of brain volume. This means that unicorns who could only lift something the size of their head, can still only lift something the size of their head.

It would be a tad overpowered if Unicorns could still lift a normal sized book while being tiny. I imagine Scribblegroove would immediately have us find one, and then pick it up to ride it like a magic carpet and fly us directly to the Library, ruining the hours I spent coming up with interesting places to go and things to see.

I always figured that most unicorns could lift things up to about 2/3 their own body weight. (And would probably begin to strain badly with anything over that.) So Kay could lift a tuba with no problems, but she can't lift her own wagon. Unicorns who have a particular talent for magic as a whole (like Twilight) can lift far heavier things.

• Brohoof 1