• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
(edited)

One of my favorite characters in the show, she proves that even disabled kids can do amazing things and achieve what they. I surprised this fan club has only 21 pages, how can it be? 

scoot_by_holdytussigwpigeon_dd6i9lv-350t.jpg

2014069 (2).png

large (1).png

Edited by Rushing cash
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 5:15 PM, Crystal Daze said:

Omg I LOVE Scootaloo !!!

She's probably best CMC in my eyes :3

I call her “Scootie the Cutie”. ‘Cause she’s the cutest of the cuties

medium.png

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/6/2014 at 10:22 AM, Rainblow H. Ash said:

Obviously Scootaloo will take after Tank and will build herself a propulsion system, wings or no wings!

cc64a4e84d8aca601990b8e5c2558326.jpg?139

No need to get that fancy. She already has plenty of thrust - she just needs a little extra lift. Something like a miniature hang glider (technology clearly shown to exist in Equestria) would be a good place to start (an off-the-shelf hang glider built for a pony with no wings at all would probably create too much drag, slowing her down).

As an engineer, I've found it outright idiotic that the idea of technological assistance was never even briefly discussed. Twilight's book smarts extend well beyond magic - she should have been able to help Scootaloo get her hooves on something that would get her flying. That would have been the ideal resolution to Scootaloo's situation - her disability would still be there (as the creators originally intended), she'd just be using technology to compensate and do what she wants to do with her life (like so many people in real life). Win-win all around. For what it's worth, if I were to find myself in Equestria (where my educational credentials wouldn't carry over, making it tricky to get a proper career going), helping her out with that would be the perfect sort of engineering project to both prove that I'm good for more than menial labor and score PR points with the locals.

And for those of you who wouldn't have wanted to see her fly by any means: When you present a character's goals as unachievable after establishing the existence of a solution for achieving said goals, the message you actually send is "If you encounter an obstacle to your goals, don't bother trying to find a workaround - just give up". Yes, she has her scooter, but it's been well established that the technology exists to let her actually fly, not have to settle for something that's kinda sorta like flying.