Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are we afraid of naked people?

TheMarkz0ne

Sounds inappropriate and gross, but hear me out. I really think it's stupid to obsess over "a filthy" display in public. I mean we're born naked guys, I don't get it. There are actually many health benefits to nudism. You're body can absorb all the sunlight it needs for healthy skin. When you walk on soil(not dirt) you absorb negative electric charge from the earth and you power yourself like a battery. I'm not nudist, but I see why people do it. They're simply not ashamed of their humanity. I love technology and all. But I know we need balance with nature and humans haven't done that in the past 200 years(maybe longer). Let's be real, why are naked human beings so scary? I know people will bring sexuality into this. But I only see reason in clothing for when it's cold outside and you need warmth. Or to protect your skin from physical or chemical reasons.

Edited by TheMarkz0ne
  • Brohoof 5

A long time ago, this book stated that being naked was indecent and wrong. Thus, people started to cover themselves. This book became one of the most influential and thought provoking book on the planet. Personally, I think the human body is a beautiful thing.

• Brohoof 7

Culture creates taboos and a lot of the current population has been raised with those taboos, myself included. This means at a certain level, a lot of us just find seeing that sort of thing uncomfortable, irrational as it may be. There's nothing wrong with the nude human body, no... But I just associate it, at a subconscious level, as something I don't want to see in most contexts, you know?

• Brohoof 1

Culture creates taboos and a lot of the current population has been raised with those taboos, myself included. This means at a certain level, a lot of us just find seeing that sort of thing uncomfortable, irrational as it may be. There's nothing wrong with the nude human body, no... But I just associate it, at a subconscious level, as something I don't want to see in most contexts, you know?

Because we have been conditioned to have preconceived notions that being nude is sexual assault and inhumane. The clothes we wear aren't even natural and they affect our skin. You're also afraid that you might show your attraction to someone. Nudist train themselves to not be attracted at being nude. They force themselves to do what we should do. Look at what's inside someone and then focus on the outside.

I think some people don't want to see people running around or being exposed in public, not saying that nudists can't do it. But, people get pretty uncomfortable really quickly.

Because we have been conditioned to have preconceived notions that being nude is sexual assault and inhumane. The clothes we wear aren't even natural and they affect our skin. You're also afraid that you might show your attraction to someone. Nudist train themselves to not be attracted at being nude. They force themselves to do what we should do. Look at what's inside someone and then focus on the outside.

All well and good, but on some level I can't bring myself to do that. Do you understand? Something programmed in you from birth is very hard to remove.

• Brohoof 2

A long time ago, this book stated that being naked was indecent and wrong. Thus, people started to cover themselves. This book became one of the most influential and thought provoking book on the planet. Personally, I think the human body is a beautiful thing.

Clothing existed far before "this book" was written...

Edited by Powderpuff

Most people don't like skin cancer from sunburns up the ass, quite literally. And I'd rather protect my feet from getting torn up or eaten by a worm than "absorbing energy"

Your feet would adapt to hard conditions. Or we can find alternatives to the bad toxins found in shoe lining. It's true that the sun can give you skin cancer. But you need to use something other than sunscreen(which does prevent UVs) but you absorb chemicals your body doesn't like.

All well and good, but on some level I can't bring myself to do that. Do you understand? Something programmed in you from birth is very hard to remove.

I'm not forcing you man. I'm just offering for people to open their minds on this subject. 

• Brohoof 1

Im not scared of naked people. :ph34r:  I get what your saying about peoples reactions to naked people. Alot of my friends wont go to strip clubs because they think there dirty and creepy. Strip clubs are a lot of fun to me and not really gross.  clothes are cool though because of this  pic

post-17234-0-84414500-1398741755.jpg

Edited by PONY SPIKE

Your feet would adapt to hard conditions

Adapting won't help when the glass from a litterbug impales my foot and I get gangrene and die

Or we can find alternatives to the bad toxins found in shoe lining

What?

But you need to use something other than sunscreen(which does prevent UVs) but you absorb chemicals your body doesn't like.

What would you have me do then? Skulk around at night like some sort of scavenger? 

• Brohoof 3

Thousands of years ago, as humanity moved from hot African Savannah land into the colds of Europe and beyond, they started requiring personal shelter from the elements. We invented clothing as a way to keep warm and shelter us from the cold elements. We also, around that time, figured out that light clothing could be helpful against the hard heat of the Sun. After a couple hundred years, clothing became a social norm, and was only taken off for expelling bodily waste (a private affair) or reproduction (also a private affair). In that sense, nudity became a private thing, not something to be shown to other people except your lover. There are, of course, societies that have been the exception to this. Ancient Greek, Roman, and Japanese cultures saw past the nudity taboo and had communal bathing, nude art, etc. I also would like to point out that these communities were also advanced in the ways of science, art, or both. Not a coincidence, I would like to think. Many European countries likewise forgo the nudity taboo, having nude beaches, nude urban zones, and other nudity related practices. Europe, as we know, is renowned to be more intellectually advanced than America, which along with the Middle East, is the only major society still around that treats the nudity taboo the way it does. 

• Brohoof 8

@,

Correlation=Cause

That's like saying it was night when many ships sank, therefore, never use a boat at night because it will instantly be a disaster

Except this isn't a case of correlation, it's a case of cause and effect. We started wearing clothes, so not wearing clothes because the social unnorm.
  • Brohoof 6

Because society has brainwashed people into thinking that it's "icky." But considering the issue, I sort of doubt they'd feel the same way if they grew up in an Amazon tribe where the culture is not so against nudity.

Concerns over hygiene I can understand, but "eww gross" is not really a good argument. 

@,

I was referring more so to your incredibly blunt implication that people with less taboos against nudity are smarter

Because society has brainwashed people into thinking that it's "icky." But considering the issue, I sort of doubt they'd feel the same way if they grew up in an Amazon tribe where the culture is not so against nudity.

Concerns over hygiene I can understand, but "eww gross" is not really a good argument. 

Eww gross is a perfectly reasonable reaction when you don't want to end up looking like a shriveled raisin

• Brohoof 3

@,

I was referring more so to your incredibly blunt implication that people with less taboos against nudity are smarter.

It's merely an observation I've made. It may be completely wrong, but I'd never know unless I test it.
  • Brohoof 1

The ways to actually reduce body odor are so simple. Just do the following.

Drink plenty of water and actual juice

Eat raw foods from a farm that doesn't spray herbicides and pesticides

Rub your skin with coconut oil after a hot shower

@@TheMarkz0ne,

Nudity has little to do with boy odor, I don't think anyone is arguing naked people smell more. The problem is more so that the open air is full of nasty stuff. What happens if you are say, Skateboarding and take a dive?

• Brohoof 2

@@TheMarkz0ne,

Nudity has little to do with boy odor, I don't think anyone is arguing naked people smell more. The problem is more so that the open air is full of nasty stuff. What happens if you are say, Skateboarding and take a dive?

Actually when you're in a room full of naked people you are intaking their body odor through your own skin. Also air is air so that's not really an issue. Again I only see point in clothing for our current social norm, warmth and protection.