Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1 x 1 "The Artifact" with Rising Shine

Dovashy

"Huh?"

Now, Rising realize, that he was spotted.

"Oh, h-hey Stellar, I was ... uhm just looking for a book, here, under that table."

Rising punch his hoof on his face, she never going to believe that lie.

"I-I mean, I was here yesterday, reading a book, but somehow, when I going home, I lose it, I hoped, it's under the table, that's why I'm here, hehe."

Rising still only look on her necklace.

Stellar watched as Rising squirmed, and tried to explain himself, but all she could feel his eyes on her necklace. He wanted it for himself, she could see it in his eyes. 

"Whatever Rising," she said bluntly. "I was just leaving anyway." 

Stellar strode towards the library exit. 

"Uhm, ah, bye. I continue looking for the book."

Of course not! When she not find a book about it, Rising wouldn't find a book either.

"It want me, I know it. I have to follow her, sneaking."

Rising waited, until she leaved, then slowly follow her, still often hide behind things, to not get spotted.

Stellar figured she'd need to go to Canterlot, surely their libraries would have something on this mysterious object.

If they didn't then Stellar wasn't sure where else she could find out what this thing was. Then she realised something, the pony that had dropped the object. Surely he knew where it was from, and what it could do! She shouldn't waste time on hunting down books, instead she should hunt down the source. But where was that pony now, and who were they? She changed direction, turning back the way she had come, back to where she'd put the tent the previous night. 

Rising still following her, asking himself, where she goes next. She move to the train station. Is she going to drive somewhere? But then she stopped. Rising hide fast, before she changed the direction. Where is she now heading, looks like, she find something about. Rising still following her, hopefully getting at least a chance to get the necklace.

Stellar came to the area where she'd been camping last night. It was calm, and a breeze ruffled her mane as she stood surveying the ground. She closed her eyes, thinking back to the previous night, remembering exactly where that pony had bumped into Rising. Then she remembered the pony staggering back up, and running off into the distance. She opened her eyes, staring at the ground where it had all taken place. 

"So he ran..." Stellar followed the direction of which she remembered the pony running, and gulped. It had been too dark the previous night to see where he had been running, but now she saw it. The Everfree forest, a place that even she never journeyed. 

Rising realized, that she went to the place, where they meet them ... and the artefact. A pony bumped into him, letting it fall and run away ... that pony, I think a mare, has to know about it! But Rising can't remember, where the pony was heading, after they bumped. Then he realized hoofsteps near Stellar to one direction ... definitly not hers or his hoofsteps.

"My chance."

Rising get out of the carver, try to look like, he just walking, saying a "Hi!" to Stellar and follows the way, the pony was running, hopefully, Stellar would not notice the hoofsteps.

Rising seemed to pop out of nowhere, as he greeted her, then begun taking a route through the Everfree, seemingly unconcerned of the dangerous forest. Stellar watched him trot off suspiciously. Stellar waited until he was further ahead, until she cloaked herself in an invisibility spell and took off after him. 

More and more in the Everfree, he turns back, because he thought, he heard something. But there wasn't anypony.

"Just your imagination, Rising. I need to find that pony, before Stellar comes to that idea."

Rising following the way, without noticing, that he walk straight to a darker area of the forest.

Stellar froze, and her heart leaped when her hoof crunched on a dry leaf. Rising turned around, hearing the noise and scanning for any pursuers, he looked directly at Stellar. Stellar stared back. Then Rising shrugged, not seeing through the spell and continued into the forest. Stellar made sure to tread more carefully, as she followed. 

"DARN IT!"

Rising losed the hoofsteps.

"They end here, darn! Okay, then the other direction ... oh oh ..."

He don't know, from where he was coming. The hoofsteps are ... gone. Trap? Magic? Or something else?

"H-Hello? Somepony h-here?"

He was so much focussed on the necklace to find out, where the pony was, who let it fall, that he didn't realize, where has walking ... deep in the Everfree forest.

Stellar heard Rising begin to shout, and she ducked behind the bushes rapidly. Then she realised that she was invisible, but she remained where she was. The timberwolves had appeared from nowhere, silent as shadows that seemed to materialise out of the depths of the forest. They ignored her, unable to see her through the invisibility, but one came over and sniffed at the air suspiciously, then continued on his way. They were slinking towards Rising, who was unaware of the three wolves that were sneaking on him. Stellar had no choice but to help him. 'No' She heard a voice that seemed to emanate from the necklace that she wore 'No' it told her, 'do not help Rising, he wants me for himself'

Stellar shook her head, and the necklace silenced, then she disabled her invisibility spell, and shouted to Rising. "Run!" She tackled one of the Timberwolves with her horn, which yelped with pain as the horn struck it. 

"Where do I get away?"

Rising looking around. Nothing to see, to dark.

"Great ..."

Rising still looking around, when somepony sgout to him to run. Confused, he see Stellar again, tackling a timberwolve.

"Stellar?! Timberwolves!?"

Rising start to run in one direction, unknown, what happen next here.

The two other Timberwolves instead of pursuing Rising, turned on Stellar. She pulled her horn from the Timberwolf she'd injured, who whimpered softly. Stellar saw the other two Timberwolves approaching her, and shot an orb of light from her horn directly at them. They jumped back quickly away from the orb light, which then exploded with a sharp yellow light, causing them to retreat, their tails between their legs. As they retreated safely away, Stellar knelt down to the Timberwolf she'd injured and tended to the wound she'd caused. Opening her saddlebag, and finding bandages and medicines which she could use. 

Rising is running, not looking back. He don't know, where he is running, when he stumbled over a root.

"Ouch!"

He panickly turn around, seeing his dead coming closer from the Timberwolves, but ... there was no Timberwolve behind him.

"I run for nothing?! Stellar!"

No matter what, Stellar saved his life. He want to help her know, but Rising get lost completly now.

When the Timberwolf seemed to be recovering, Stellar cast a spell over putting it to sleep. She didn't want to be torn apart while trying to help it. After she'd finally patched up the wound, and stopped the bleeding. She realised that Rising was now nowhere to be seen. He probably knew I'd been following him, and ran away before I could get a chance to follow him again, she thought to herself. 

She strode over to where Rising had been standing before the Timberwolves had appeared. So that's what Rising had been following, she noticing a series of hoofprints that seemed to disappeared further along the trail. 

"Hmm.." Stellar muttered to herself, thinking. 

"HELP!"

Rising scream as loud as he can. He don't know, where he is right now.

"HEEEELP!! Nopony will see me again ... why did I run straight in the Everfree forest, darn it! HEEEEEEELPPPPPPP!!!"

Stellar. Mayby she hear him.

"STELLAR! HELP ME PLEASE!!  CAN YOU HEAR ME?!"

Probably not ...

(edited)

Rising's voice did not reach Stellar, who was too focused on thinking of a way to find the other pony. She cast a spell of omniscience on the area, allowing her to absorb the knowledge from the leaves, the ground, and all the other inanimate objects. As her mind filled with the knowledge, she was unable to handle the flow, and she collapsed to the ground, groggy and groaning. Then right there and then, she fell into a deep, and exhaustive sleep. Her dream was of the forest, she saw the pony that had bumped into her, the mare had a look of desperation, fear on her face. She seemed to be running from something, her head seemed to fidget in every direction. It was then that a voice boomed through the forest after her. She snapped her head around to see a pursuing squad of Royal Guards. It was brave of them to have followed her so deep into the Everfree, she must of been an important mare. Then suddenly the mare evaporated in a dark cloud of smoke, which flanked her on either side, flowing from the dense forestry on either side. The Royal Guards, came to a grinding halt.

"What the-?" The leading captain said. Then the dark smoke surged towards them, and with a horrifying screech, the Royal Guards too vanished. The forest was silent when the smoke dissipated back to wherever it came, and the forest did not stir, it was as though none of it had happened. 

Edited by Dovashy

Rising leaning back on a tree. He gived up, accept his fate, to die here, alone, in the dark of the Everfree Forest.

"It makes no sense anymore. How do I came to that silly idea? Running deep in the forest. All the fault of that strange necklace-box-thingy."

Rising close his eyes, tears rolling over his cheeks. One day, they will find him ... or that, what is left from him.

Stellar woke from the dream, except that her dream had actually happened. Something had taken that mare, and those royal guards. The mist had consumed them. It was getting dark now, the fingers of the night curled around the forest. Stellar was still weak from her omniscience spell, and she could not produce a very powerful orb of light from her horn. It flickered on the tip, then finally faded out. Stellar shivered, unable to warm herself, she attempted to stand, but her legs were weak and tired. It was then that the mist began to appear from the trees, just like in her dream they curled out from the forest like gnarled fingers. Stellar moaned, trying to flee but her legs would not move. "Heeelp!" She croaked, even her voice was quiet. She shouted it louder again "Help!" She wasn't sure who would respond, and she stopped realising that there was nothing she could do to stop her dream from replaying. As the mist approached, she heard the whispers, they seemed to eminate from all around her. Almost in reply, her necklace glowed bright red, and then a voice that drowned out the whispers spoke. From no specific direction, it echoed all around her. 

"Miiinee." The voice rasped. 

"Huh?"

Rising get a strange feeling. Why did he give up? It can't be end that way. Rising stand up, walking the direction, he thought from where he come.

"Stellar?!"

All on his way, he walking. He don't stop, he move forward.

"Stellar, are you still here?!"

Rising continues his way, hopefully to meet Stellar again to find a way out from the forest.

(edited)

The necklace began to hover on its own, tightening around her through as though it was being pulled by an imaginary force. Then a shape emerged from the shadows, fear overtook her as the shape moved towards her, out of the darkness. It seemed to flow through the air with the stealth, and swiftness of a cold night's breeze. As the figure becane to take form in front of her, its features becoming more distinctive as it left the shadows. It was a unicorn, or at least what remained of a unicorn. Her coat was of pure black, and her single eye was cold, crystal blue, a long, and deadly sharp horn stood proud on her what remained of her skull.  It was only a single eye, because one section of the mare's face was missing, causing her second eye to be non existent. Where there should have been flesh, was instead a black shadow that hovered as some sort of crude substitute, a red orb shone were her other eye should have been. She noticed that the hind legs of the mare were also very peculiar, as they were not black like the rest of her body, but were of a shining, metallic material. What was left of the mare's face contorted into what could've been interpreted as a grin, or pain. Stellar couldn't decide which it was. 

"You've brought me the last part of my form," the unicorn's mouth moved, but the voice came from all around.

Stellar looked down at the necklace, which was threatening to break from her neck, and go flying towards the unicorn. Stellar gulped, frightened. 

Edited by Dovashy

(edited)

"Huh?"

A voice. Rising hear a voice, but it comes from ... everywhere. Rising walks forward, until he see something. Stellar and ... a kind of black unicorn?

"What the...?"

Feared, he hind behind one of the bushes. Hr look carefully out, to see, what is going to happen.

"Please don't see me ..."

Edited by Rising Shine

The dark unicorn raised her horn towards Stellar, and the necklace detached from Stellars head,  and flew towards the unicorn. It stopped suddenly, and hovered in the empty space of where the unicorn's face should have been. The ruby flashed brighter, and brighter and then the necklace emitted a loud grinding, as it morphed once again. This time it grew larger, and larger, until it took the shape of the empty space, and plastered itself to the unicorns face. A red light glowed, where the eye would have been. The necklace had fulfilled the unicorns form, and now she was whole. The unicorn laughed, and flexed long feather wings that Stellar had not noticed until then. She was no unicorn, she was an alicorn! With a finally chuckle, she took flight, leaving Stellar bewildered and alone in the middle of the Everfree. Without the necklace, she felt as though something had been taken from her, but she also felt a renewed sense of freedom. As though the necklace had been restricting her in some way. Whatever had just happened though, Stellar knew that it could not have been good, that necklace was not good for anybody. 

Rising, hided behind the hush, see everything that happened, before that pony-like shadow fly away.

"What the ..."

He realized, that Stellar is still there. He run to her, to look, if everything is alright.

"Stellar?! Are you okay? Answer me. What was that? W-What is just happened?"