Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do snipers ruin games for you?

Kurai

Personally for me they do, cod, halo, tf2 and battlefield, ever game I get is filled with nothing but snipers (Or in Halos case, people teamkilling for it) it becomes frustrating and unfun when I cant take a single step without being shot by three or four snipers.

Cods unrealistic use of them is the worst. Running around using them as a shotgun is bullshit and annoying to deal with for me. 

Edited by Ritan Kurai

Depends on the game. TBH they should regulate them in certain gametypes and whatnot. I.E. limit the # allowed per team.

Most of the time they don't though, counter sniping, or just finding where they're hiding works just fine.

Other times though when your supposed to be ATTACKING a target and half your team is sitting back sniping.. then it bugs me...

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, it really depends on the game.

For me, snipers aren't a nuisance, but a challenge. A bad sniper will always be a bad sniper, so it's always rewarding to wreck a veteran one, whenever you do find one, which you will do, because they're everywhere! Up close and personal is the only way to deal with them.

Of course, if your own team is only comprised of snipers, and you being the only assault-preferenced team member, then it becomes a pain, really fast. Snipers usually don't go for the objectives, but instead tend to stay in the background and provide cover.

Edited by Guest

Or in Halos case, people teamkilling for it

Oh man that brings back old memories. Seriously, Thankyou for saying that  :)

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

If you don't like snipers play Titanfall. It's almost impossible to actually hit anyone with a sniper rifle when they're jumping off of and running along walls like ants haha. But no, I can't really say it's spoiled any games for me. 

• Brohoof 2

In the DayZ standalone there are too many snipers.

You have to be careful in some spots, or else a bandit sniper will try to kill you.

Myself and a group of four were walking into an airfield the other day when a sniper started firing at us. Luckily he only hit one of us in the leg. The server reset and kicked everybody, so when we rejoined the server the sniper was gone.

Edited by Mikami

Quickscopers in CoD annoy me to no end, let me give you that .50 cal in real life and let me see you do that without breaking something. 

And of course all of the ten year olds that get mad because I'm owning them with an mp7 when they're trying to 360 no scope off a ladder. If you don't like it then change your playstyle, my gun is in the game too. They really should just make a sniper exclusive game mode so everyone is happy. I don't have to deal with them and they won't have to deal with me. 

If you're a legit sniper I'll probably be mad the first couple of times then just either stop going over there or find away around you. Still kinda ruins it when entire teams sit and snipe but as long as it's not my team it makes objective modes easy. 

So ruin it? Not really, bug me enough to make me ragequit, yes indeed. 

• Brohoof 1

Most of the time they don't though, counter sniping, or just finding where they're hiding works just fine.
I dont have a problem finding or killing them, its just they are all I play with and against. 

If you don't like snipers play Titanfall. I
I have been considering buying it. I just havent because its a mp only game and I dont know how popular it is or how long it will last.

If you don't like snipers play Titanfall. It's almost impossible to actually hit anypony with a sniper rifle when they're jumping off of and running along walls like ants haha.

they just haven't worked out the mechanics yet. Give it time. Most games start sniper free for awhile before they get the "feel" for what they're doing.

Once that feel is found though they'll be sniping people out of the air without remorse. 

Well allied snipers are a pain in the arse, especially because I have never met a good one.

They are usually really bad or would help a lot more with an assault rifle.

Enemy snipers are okay because they are easy kills.

they just haven't worked out the mechanics yet. Give it time. Most games start sniper free for awhile before they get the "feel" for what they're doing.

Once that feel is found though they'll be sniping people out of the air without remorse. 

I don't think it'll get to that point, when ever I'm holding anything with more than 2x zoom I might as well be throwing rocks at the enemy haha. Still fun to gun down the AI though.

CoD is already crap, so I don't care about it, but Battlefield is going downhill with all these goddamn snipers. And the SRR... You might as well have just given all the 3 year old snipers a gauss rifle from halo 3. It takes no skill whatsoever to use and everyone and their mother uses it. It made me leave battlefield 4 for about 5 months out of annoyance.

I'm usually the sniper in any game I play. I'm no good at mid-range combat so I either get up close and personal (which gets me killed a lot) or go sniper. This goes for shooters as well as games like XCOM and Fallout. Sniping all the way. Better than getting shot.

For me........im a master with the Sniper Rifle, especially in Halo.  Boy, do people hate me, plus the DMR and Active Camo equipped, B) .  No worries though, im no camper, but there have been some pains in the asses who sit in one damn spot the entire match, yet, i just love performing assassinations to enemy snipers, giving them a message on "move your ass, or i'll move it for you".  Titanfall, and COD on the other hand.......not so much, b/c the time it takes to reach the target.

While trace was very annoying in metroid prime hunters, I can't deny he was a lot of fun to play as. Of course, it takes a certain amount of skill to play a sniper in a fast paced environment where your targets are going to be moving around a lot and it's pretty easy to blow your cover if you're not that good.

Overall, it's another glass cannon and I think it's fair. Some games are more balanced than others though.

I've never played CoD fortunately, but it seems you can have games where sniping isn't that big an issue. It seems to do with how  maps are laid out.

It's probably not the most popular MP game, but I never seemed to have any problem with snipers in Max Payne 3.

Also, I don't get why anyone would to play a sniper. It's boring. You're just sitting around and waiting for someone to walk out in to the open. Plus you're making your self really vulnerable to a sneak attack from behind.

If there are six Snipers on my team in TF2, and we're on a Payload map, and we're the ones pushing the cart, then yes, they do ruin the game for me.

That actually happened to me three times btw. No team needs six or more Snipers.

Edited by Daring

Also, I don't get why anyone would to play a sniper. It's boring. You're just sitting around and waiting for someone to walk out in to the open. Plus you're making your self really vulnerable to a sneak attack from behind.

It can take patience. You're goal is to kill without them knowing where you are or at least not being able to get to you before you take them out. In some games sniping is easy because enemies have predictable paths.

But if you know a place where players or characters typically gather you'll get plenty of kills by waiting there.

Of course, that also depends on if you're doing realistic sniping or not. Realistic sniping is sitting in one place while not-so-realistic sniping is just taking things from afar but moving around a lot.

Patience and planning is the way of the sniper.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 2

It can take patience. You're goal is to kill without them knowing where you are or at least not being able to get to you before you take them out. In some games sniping is easy because enemies have predictable paths.

But if you know a place where players or characters typically gather you'll get plenty of kills by waiting there.

Of course, that also depends on if you're doing realistic sniping or not. Realistic sniping is sitting in one place while not-so-realistic sniping is just taking things from afar but moving around a lot.

Patience and planning is the way of the sniper.

This is why I like being a sniper. I value precision and accuracy in my activities, so I'm naturally drawn to snipers.

The funny thing is, in TF2, I usually engage in sniper battles with the opposing team's snipers, and we don't even focus on the other players.

• Brohoof 1

Well, i'm not going to say it really depends on the game, because it applies to every multiplayer game I know. Snipers, in my opinion, rather have their opponent come to them, which is pretty cheap and lazy if you ask me. Instead of hiding in a cave somewhere, they should try like other people. Now if you are really bad at confrontation, like me, I would suggest hiding in one place, and hide in another...even if your kill streak is really good. It's better than sitting in one spot the entire game, and it wouldn't be considered camping by a long shot.