Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do snipers ruin games for you?

Kurai

Well, i'm not going to say it really depends on the game, because it applies to every multiplayer game I know. Snipers, in my opinion, rather have their opponent come to them, which is pretty cheap and lazy if you ask me. Instead of hiding in a cave somewhere, they should try like other people. Now if you are really bad at confrontation, like me, I would suggest hiding in one place, and hide in another...even if your kill streak is really good. It's better than sitting in one spot the entire game, and it wouldn't be considered camping by a long shot. 

See, now that's just not fair. People have different ways of playing and it's really dumb to condemn someone for playing in a way that suits them and still nets them kills. It's a legitimate strategy and works quite well if you know the map you're playing on well enough.

Edited by Discordian

I prefer running a sniper when available. Give me a Barrett .50 and stopping power in MW2 and I will try my damnedest to only use one shot on you. The problem with snipers in some games or maps is openness. Some areas are impossible to shoot due to cover or small windows of opportunity (take MW2's Invasion map for instance). It takes a good deal of skill to use a sniper in most cases (quick scoping tryhards not withstanding). Knowing your sniping areas and being able to defend them are key along with aiming ability and response time. Moving is never a bad move for sniper either. A compromised position is never good.

See, now that's just not fair. People have different ways of playing and it's really dumb to condemn someone for playing in a way that suits them and still nets them kills. It's a legitimate strategy and works quite well if you know the map you're playing on well enough.

Hey, i'm just giving my say just as you are. I just think that it's just shying away from the game play, especially with other people. You have less fun when you are sitting in one area. Thrill of the kill is fantabulous, though. :3

Hey, i'm just giving my say just as you are. I just think that it's just shying away from the game play, especially with other people. You have less fun when you are sitting in one area. Thrill of the kill is fantabulous, though. :3

The thing is that you're calling it cheap and lazy when sniping takes a great deal of concentration to get the timing right, not to mention the patience to wait for that time to come.

And it's really not up to you to say what makes the game fun. I find running around frantically to be a gigantic waste of time so I'd rather stay in one place. It's more fun for me to get the kill than it is to run into people endlessly.

• Brohoof 2

Snipers add a very welcome challenge to the game.

You just have to play while taking into consideration where snipers usually perch themselves.

The thing is that you're calling it cheap and lazy when sniping takes a great deal of concentration to get the timing right, not to mention the patience to wait for that time to come.

And it's really not up to you to say what makes the game fun. I find running around frantically to be a gigantic waste of time so I'd rather stay in one place. It's more fun for me to get the kill than it is to run into people endlessly.

I honestly don't see why you're coming at me because of what I expressed on a thread that wanted opinion. I know it's not up to me to make a game fun, never said it was. I respect your opinion and see where you are coming from completely. :)

I just think it's just odd to see people just sitting there and wait for a kill when they could run and go get it or something. lol

I honestly don't see why you're coming at me because of what I expressed on a thread that wanted opinion. I know it's not up to me to make a game fun, never said it was. I respect your opinion and see where you are coming from completely. :)

I just think it's just odd to see people just sitting there and wait for a kill when they could run and go get it or something. lol

Because you're criticizing something you have expressly noted that you have no understanding of. You don't understand why someone would do it so why would you get to have any say on how "lazy" it is?

In a multiplayer game there are already 90% of the players running around trying to hunt for the kill. It's easy to get shot in the back that way while going for the kill of another guy. Proper sniping can prevent that sort of thing. Why should have you have to move for a kill when they will inevitably come to you?

Because you're criticizing something you have expressly noted that you have no understanding of. You don't understand why someone would do it so why would you get to have any say on how "lazy" it is?

In a multiplayer game there are already 90% of the players running around trying to hunt for the kill. It's easy to get shot in the back that way while going for the kill of another guy. Proper sniping can prevent that sort of thing. Why should have you have to move for a kill when they will inevitably come to you?

Ah, I see. Perhaps I did word that kinda harshly. .-. It was just from perspective, no harm done. ^-^

Come to think of it, I do have that problem a ton when I go out and about.  Maybe I should try it sometime. Thanks for the explanation! 

Edited by PeachBlink

Ah, I see. Perhaps I did word that kinda harshly. .-. It was just from perspective, no harm done. ^-^

Come to think of it, I do have that problem a ton when I go out and about.  Maybe I should try it sometime. Thanks for the explanation! 

If anyone was harsh it's me. You may not like being sniped but from the sniper's point of view you're the one who exposed yourself to give an easy kill. Don't be hatin' just cuz the strategy works on you. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Yes, they do. I play hardcore TDM in Black Ops 2. 

The quickscopers are the worst, using the sniper life an assault rifle/shotgun. Snipers don't do that. I also hate when my entire team "snipes"  CoD maps are too small to snipe effectively on. So when I see players sniping on maps such as Nuketown, I just facepalm. They don't even do that good. Heck most of them stay scoped in. So when I come up behind an enemy sniper, they don't see me...so I tea bag them and stuff before I kill them. It's so rewarding killing a sniper though. :squee: Even if It is a random grenade or noob tube that kills them. The funny bit is, they go back to the same spot everytime usually. A  smart sniper changes spots. If they don't then that's just camping.

Sniping is not needed in a game like CoD. or they should only be allowed on certain maps which you can snipe on, which is very few. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

Yes, they do. I play hardcore TDM in Black Ops 2. 

The quickscopers are the worst, using the sniper life an assault rifle/shotgun. Snipers don't do that. I also hate when my entire team "snipes"  CoD maps are too small to snipe effectively on. So when I see players sniping on maps such as Nuketown, I just facepalm. They don't even do that good. Heck most of them stay scoped in. So when I come up behind an enemy sniper, they don't see me...so I tea bag them and stuff before I kill them. It's so rewarding killing a sniper though. :squee: Even if It is a random grenade or noob tube that kills them. The funny bit is, they go back to the same spot everytime usually. A  smart sniper changes spots. If they don't then that's just camping.

Sniping is not needed in a game like CoD. or they should only be allowed on certain maps which you can snipe on, which is very few. :blush:

That's why a good sniper has a good spotter. Someone who can watch their back and see where the scope cannot. ;)

That's why a good sniper has a good spotter. Someone who can watch their back and see where the scope cannot. ;)

In a game like CoD? lol no. Everyone seems to do their own thing in those games. Also, sniping in CoD is boring as hell. Some snipers like to use betties/claymores...though that makes them an even easier target for me, because I use a perk called "Engineer" and I can see that stuff on the map. and use an EMP grenade accordingly. :squee:

Not to mention, I know pretty much all the so called "sniping" spots on all the maps. So I already know where they are, or where they could be. And so I plan accordingly. :yay:

I can be quite the troll too...if I see a teammate sniping with claymores/betties...I'll team kill myself with them. Sometimes they stop using them and switch to an assault rifle, sometimes they don't and they end up getting kicked from the game. :blush:

Nope. Know why? I'm usually the sniper :umad: no, but seriously, I don't mind them. In TF2 it's kinda hard for a sniper to hit me with a scattergun in their face or a pile of stickies at their feet lol

In a game like CoD? lol no. Everyone seems to do their own thing in those games. Also, sniping in CoD is boring as hell. Some snipers like to use betties/claymores...though that makes them an even easier target for me, because I use a perk called "Engineer" and I can see that stuff on the map. and use an EMP grenade accordingly. :squee:

Not to mention, I know pretty much all the so called "sniping" spots on all the maps. So I already know where they are, or where they could be. And so I plan accordingly. :yay:

I can be quite the troll too...if I see a teammate sniping with claymores/betties...I'll team kill myself with them. Sometimes they stop using them and switch to an assault rifle, sometimes they don't and they end up getting kicked from the game. :blush:

I've never really played CoD so I wouldn't know for that. I don't do multiplayer much at all, honestly, but what I do know is from sniping in single player games (as well as a few tricks picked up from here and there)

I doubt it would be hard to coordinate with someone to be a spotter if you knew the person though.

I've never really played CoD so I wouldn't know for that. I don't do multiplayer much at all, honestly, but what I do know is from sniping in single player games (as well as a few tricks picked up from here and there)

I doubt it would be hard to coordinate with someone to be a spotter if you knew the person though.

PvE doesn't count. The computer enemies are stupid and don't move too much. Plus it's not like they're going to complain about you being "cheap".

-------------------------------------------------

So I looked up "quickscope" because I always hear people complaining about it, but didn't know what it was.

So yeah, I think I'm never going to play Call of Duty.

Edited by Andaasonsan

PvE doesn't count. The computer enemies are stupid and don't move too much. Plus it's not like they're going to complain about you being "cheap".

So I looked up "quickscope" because I always hear people complaining about it, but didn't know what it was.

Oh, there's a bunch of terms.

Quickscope, Hardscope, Noscope, 360 scope.. it goes on, and on, and on, and on..

I fail to see how the smartness of an enemy, real or not, or whether what they think about it being cheap matters to the strategy itself. It's a tried and true method and I've given many reasons why in this topic. The difference between a person and a computer is negligible.

This seems rather appropriate

However, in my experience, I mostly eat snipers for breakfast  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I fail to see how the smartness of an enemy, real or not, or whether what they think about it being cheap matters to the strategy itself. It's a tried and true method and I've given many reasons why in this topic. The difference between a person and a computer is negligible.

Whaaaaa? I'm not exactly a huge MP fan, but I recognize that it's a way different experience than SP.

Whaaaaa? I'm not exactly a huge MP fan, but I recognize that it's a way different experience than SP.

Hardly. The only difference is that humans are less predictable than computers, maybe they'll use strategies and areas that computers won't who just tend to b-line it for the enemy. The overall game and strategy does not change.

Not really, CoD is too fast paced for real "sniping"....not to mention, spawns can change in an instant. So you never know where people are spawning.

I can't count how many times I've spawned and there's an enemy sniper in front of me.

Edited by :Flutterdash: