Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Everypony's Favorite Holiday?

Venomous

So, what is YOUR favorite holiday and why? 

Live in a different country with different traditions? Share!

My favorite holidays are ThanksGiving & Christmas :)

• Brohoof 1

Thanksgiving.

But then, my family doesn't celebrate Christmas, Easter, or Holloween. ...sooo my choices are more limited.

Still, a day devoted to food and spending time with family is awesome.  :)

Plus pumpkin pie.

Yes. ♥

Edited by SFyr

Christmas is probably my favorite because every single year since I was born we've went to my Grandmothers for the BEST polish dinner you could ever ask for. There's a great variety of pierogies, sausage, and oh so much more.

Easter comes to a close second though because Easter is the only time of year I make deviled eggs. I loved deviled eggs. They are really an Easter only treat for me since the excess of eggs my little sister gets to find. She loves them too  :P .

Thanksgiving mostly because there dosen't tend to be a lot drama around the holiday and I love a good meal and while there is already great food for every major holiday in my family Thanksgiving is the one that has the best stuff. I will gladly take a good old fashioned turkey dinner any day, just thinking about it is making me hungry.

I seriously love the Christmas season because I get a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I go out to my grandmas and celebrate it with all my relatives. :D But now that my grandpa passed away, I'm not sure what my grandma is going to do about Christmas. :(

Edited by Gemini Eclipsed
  • Brohoof 2

[This post is hidden. No offense to anyone, but I am no longer part of the community and no longer wish to be an (active) part of the forums. I treasure the friendships I made along the way. Thank you!]

Edited by CadetGrey
  • Brohoof 1

The summertime holiday. So you're finally able to get outside and enjoy the weather, not having to worry about anything.

I'm not sure what my grandma is going to do about Christmas. :(

I often get depressed around a lot of holidays because of many family members I have had pass away so I can sympathize. It is actually one of the main reasons why I would like to be a father someday because I want that close family that I used to have. I have some family left and I love them but things just aren't the same.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite Holiday, is Christmas.  Funny, when you mentioned that, I thought of family guy, the Family Feud scene, with Lois and Stewie.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My favorite holiday is definitely Christmas. I love getting to spend time with my family, including my cousins whom I don't get to see all that often. We usually spend the day playing video games while trash talking each other. Such great family togetherness! :)

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite Holiday, is Christmas.  Funny, when you mentioned that, I thought of family guy, the Family Feud scene, with Lois and Stewie.

"Name a popular fruit"

"Orange"

"Clay Aiken"

My favorite holiday is definitely Christmas. I love getting to spend time with my family, including my cousins whom I don't get to see all that often. We usually spend the day playing video games while trash talking each other. Such great family togetherness! :)

Me and my cousins do the same thing ^_^

I've always loved Halloween! Dressing up and hunting for candy and scares? It's so much fun!

Hell yeah ^_^ I'm almost 20, but I still go out for a few hours getting some candy :P

The summertime holiday. So you're finally able to get outside and enjoy the weather, not having to worry about anything.

Ugh, I loathe the Summer. I hate the heat & humidity.. I personally prefer the cold. In fact, I thrive in it! I sleep with the windows open and a fan on in the Winter!

I don't know how you people enjoy the Summer. I envy you.

Thanksgiving has the best food, Christmas has the best family time, and Easter has the best candy.

I love Peeps! They are so freakin' adorable and so good.post-14906-0-41761200-1398909600.jpg

Mine is Chirstmas. I just have the most nostalgic attachment to that holiday more than the others. What I remember from Halloween is getting super cold and barely even eating the candy I get (I'm more of a snack person), what I remember from Thanksgiving is barely eating the turkey because it always tasted dry to me and reading the catalogs deciding what I wanted for Christmas. Christmas I remember everyone being jolly, watching Christmas specials on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, getting so excited on Christmas Eve that I could barely sleep, and running downstairs to open my presents.

Christmas,

because we get family time and

TRAINS.

img-2587093-1-deluxetidmouthset.jpg

I am proud to say I not only have that big engine house and turn table, but every one of those engines and cars too. Brio ftw!

I am proud to say I not only have that big engine house and turn table, but every one of those engines and cars too. Brio ftw!

#trainfanandproud

I also have the Roundhouse and all those engines. I never got that turntable though because I always overlooked it when I was little. :P

At this point in my life I am gonna have to say Thanksgiving is the best holiday for me. Since I see all my family on Thanksgiving. With Christmas coming in second, with half of my family being Jews and me being Jew on my dads side, Christmas has never been a real "family holiday" for me just me and my parents opening up presents nothing much else.

Favorite Holiday: Christmas

Second Favorite Holiday: Halloween

Favorite Holiday movie (shouldn't be a shocker: Nightmare Before Christmas, can start watching on October 1st and go till December 26th :P .