Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Everypony's Favorite Holiday?

Venomous

(edited)

Canada Day. It's a simple holiday to celebrate the formation of my country, there aren't any religious or superstitious influences involved, shops don't really push it like easter, valentines day, halloween or christmas, I don't have to go out and buy anything (yeah, I'm cheap), traffic volume and store busyness isn't much different than usual and I just really love fireworks.

Edited by Celtore

So, what is YOUR favorite holiday and why? 

Who wants to know? ^^

I'm kidding! :P

Mine is Christmas, wanna know why? ^^

Because Twilight Sparkle.

twilight_sparkle_christmas_by_quanno3_d5 

Twilight Sparkle is why.

Must there be more reasons?

• Brohoof 1

Gonna go with Christmas on this one.

Always love the feeling I get around the holiday season. Also the smell of the Christmas tree. It's a strong association to the holidays for me.

EMBRACE THE SPIRIT OF GIVING EVERYPONY.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Easter and Halloween.

Easter because I love smashing cascarones on people's heads. Its my favorite tradition! :D And i love the general "feeling" of Easter. (except for the creepy rabbits)

Halloween because I like making costumes and dressing in them. I like the process of costume making because it forces me to stretch my creativity to its limit.

I also like New Years, because we throw an awesome party every year and explode stuff.

Edited by crazitaco

Christmas. Because... Presents, candy canes, pretty lights and trees, and SNOW! The traditions are really Pagan celebrations of the winter solstice, and I love winter, so Christmas wins.

I could say Christmas, but I don't like it as much anymore. Heck, last year I literally didn't get anything. But, my school gives me a month-long break, so Christmas it is.

My favourite holiday is Christmas. I have so many good memories associated with Christmas. Like opening presents with my family. It wasn't just because of getting things for presents, it was also the time spent together as a family. And it just makes me happy to see so many houses with Christmas lights up. Halloween is my next favourite holiday. Getting candy was great as a kid, but what I also like is how it has many traditions and symbols associated with it, just like Christmas. It's of course completely different than Christmas but both have very strong traditions, symbols, and T.V. specials, and one you get presents and the other you get candy, so they're both awesome. But with Christmas there's a few weeks of celebration of it instead of just one day and people "getting into the Christmas spirit," as they say. So the month or so lead up to Christmas that builds up the excitement is one of the things that makes it the best holiday, for me.

Christmas, Christmas all the way. I don't like chocolate so Easter is out, I don't celebrate Thanksgiving or Halloween and I'm still working on making my birthday a national holiday.

Mine is Halloween, because of its celebration of all things darkness. Too bad almost NOBODY, atleast where I live, celebrates Halloween. It's so ridiculous. People mostly just drive in cars nowadays. It just ruins the tradition!