Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The title may seem a tad bit misleading, but what I'm asking here is, do any of you guys feel that there's a bias as to what Bronies and MLP content can get recognized for? Does it seem like unless you're an animator, artist, musician, or voice actor, it's almost impossible to get noticed by the fandom at all? I feel that there's so much talent out there that no one wants to acknowledge simply because it doesn't fall within any of these four skill-sets. I dunno, maybe I'm just butthurt over the fact that I'm not as well know as I'd like to be. But I seriously feel that the fandom is somewhat unwilling to promote other talents such as Filmmaking, Visual effects artists, or Graphics design. 

I dunno, what you guys think? I'm general curious and wondering if others think this way as well. . .

• Brohoof 1

well, your other examples are kinda bad here... Filmmaking comes hand-in hand with Animation, as well as Visual Effects and graphic design. same with artistry or Voice acting (after all, what are you voice acting?) I get what your saying, but your not really saying it correctly. ;)

I've seen plenty of Short films (not animations) that have been MLP oriented, and even if they end up on EQD, hardly anyone remembers them, or even bother to check out the creators' other content. I guess it's just a really big pet peeve of mine. . . :/ 

Just did my Grade 8 piano and got a merit, (squee) and now i'm looking on to write a piece based on Discord, and it is gonna be fun, and i find that people who make stuff mlp related a lot of the time their work gets neglected and forgotten and i hope that is not really the case for the foreseeable future.

People need to be remembered for their contribution to the fandom. 

I write, but I haven't written anything MLP oriented.

Yeah, I've also noticed most writers aren't recognized unless someone does a dramatic reading of one of their pieces. Although it usually ends up being the person who's reading it getting all the fame, rather than the writer. However, the same can be said for filmmaking, you're not gonna remember that one movie with the high school kid running around through time in a flying car because Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis wrote it, you're gonna remember it because Michael J. Fox, was in it and it was directed by Steven Spielberg and had a decked-out DeLorean. . . 

Of course. WE live in a stupid age, where people feel like who they're fans of, makes them feel special. Its so bad sometimes, they ignore anyone else, because in their little brains, everyone else is crap. Its even worse when idiots who either steal art, or recolor/make minor chages get so much attention and praise, and people who spend hours making original stuff get ignored.

• Brohoof 1

I like the concept of a persons talent but in some cases a persons talent is rather impossible to achieve not  improbable but more times then not many don't have the opportunity to excel in that field and so the easiest means is usually to go for a widely diverse field like art which anyone can appreciate but how many can go online say Well I am a amazing plumber and actually be famous for it?  :huh:

• Brohoof 3

Unless you do something with those other talents in a pony way, of course you won't be as recognized 

I agree, I posted songs I have made on here, but they aren't pony related, so they received little to no attention. 

• Brohoof 1

I agree, I posted songs I have made on here, but they aren't pony related, so they received little to no attention. 

I know the feeling but really it makes sense my work was not that good anyway.

When a fandom is as saturated as ours is you need to be above and beyond to stand out and get wide spread recognition. Really, art should be for your own sake first and foremost. If you need attention for it then you probably don't like doing it as much as you thought you did.

When a fandom is as saturated as ours is you need to be above and beyond to stand out and get wide spread recognition. Really, art should be for your own sake first and foremost. If you need attention for it then you probably don't like doing it as much as you thought you did.

Well I always post what I create for the sake of getting feedback.

The title may seem a tad bit misleading, but what I'm asking here is, do any of you guys feel that there's a bias as to what Bronies and MLP content can get recognized for? Does it seem like unless you're an animator, artist, musician, or voice actor, it's almost impossible to get noticed by the fandom at all? I feel that there's so much talent out there that no one wants to acknowledge simply because it doesn't fall within any of these four skill-sets. I dunno, maybe I'm just butthurt over the fact that I'm not as well know as I'd like to be. But I seriously feel that the fandom is somewhat unwilling to promote other talents such as Filmmaking, Visual effects artists, or Graphics design. 

I dunno, what you guys think? I'm general curious and wondering if others think this way as well. . .

Don't forget the analysts.  Tommy Oliver and Digibrony are "big names" within the fandom too.

IMO, doing it to get famous is the wrong reason.  You have to enjoy dong what you do first of all, and if that's not enough, maybe this isn't for you. 

Me, I'm an analyst.  My channel has been around for a few months now and only has 52 subscribers.  Do I want more?  Yes.  am I a little frustrated by the lack of growth?  Well, there's some of that.  But at the same time, I genuinely like putting out my videos every week and conversing with the few subscribers and commenters that I do get.  So while I do like to promote and expand my channel, I'm not going to let my pace at picking up subscribers stop me. 

Are there many, many Bronies out there that don't get recognized?  Yes.  That's called life.

Well I always post what I create for the sake of getting feedback.

Well considering what happened last time...

As a starting artist you should be thankful and grateful if anybody takes time out of their day to pay attention to your work. That's how it is for anybody.

• Brohoof 1

Don't forget the analysts.  Tommy Oliver and Digibrony are "big names" within the fandom too.

IMO, doing it to get famous is the wrong reason.  You have to enjoy dong what you do first of all, and if that's not enough, maybe this isn't for you. 

Me, I'm an analyst.  My channel has been around for a few months now and only has 52 subscribers.  Do I want more?  Yes.  am I a little frustrated by the lack of growth?  Well, there's some of that.  But at the same time, I genuinely like putting out my videos every week and conversing with the few subscribers and commenters that I do get.  So while I do like to promote and expand my channel, I'm not going to let my pace at picking up subscribers stop me. 

Are there many, many Bronies out there that don't get recognized?  Yes.  That's called life.

It's not so much about GETTING famous, so much as it is about the fact that there are a plethora of insanely talented people out there, who don't get recognized for their talents. . . And unfortunately you're right, that is just life, I'm just upset that that's how it is. . .

In general, I seemed to be ignored a lot on the forums for any posts containing anything art-wise.

I seem to notice that unless you have pro-quality works or a lot of friends, no one cares. When they do say something, they hold you to a professional standard, but give no pointers on how to improve. (This isn't always the case, but more often than not.) Then you see someone post something that looks like a kid drew it or someone whining about how much they suck and it gets tons of comments and encouragement. *flips table*

It makes you wonder why you bother posting it at all.