Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The mane six teaching/giving away their elements?

GhostPony750

I have noticed this in the past episodes, where the ponies gets what seems to be their keys.

Fluttershy teaches that breezie to be kind.

Applejack teaches that grey pony to be honest.

Rarity teaches that assistant pony to be "generous".

Pinkie teached Cheese Sandwhich to have fun.

Do you think they are giving away their elements for good? Or they just received a key for teaching their qualities?

/random thought

I don't think they're "giving" away their elements, but simply teaching them for those who lack the knowledge. ^^

• Brohoof 1

They are more just reinforcing that they are the true "spirit" of that element. By proving they can teach others to embrace the elements, they prove that they are the embodiment of those elements.

• Brohoof 1

Interesting speculation! I think that the writers of the show made sure that the ponies' elements were still expressed throughout the episodes. The ponies shared their special traits with others :) I don't think they were giving their elements away for good though.

They are more just reinforcing that they are the true "spirit" of that element. By proving they can teach others to embrace the elements, they prove that they are the embodiment of those elements.

I agree that they're not losing their element; they're reinforcing it. here's an excerpt from this article, http://www.psychotactics.com/blog/art-retain-learning/

To summarize the numbers (which sometimes get cited differently) learners retain approximately:

90% of what they learn when they teach someone else/use immediately.

75% of what they learn when they practice what they learned.

50% of what they learn when engaged in a group discussion.

30% of what they learn when they see a demonstration.

20% of what they learn from audio-visual.

10% of what they learn when they’ve learned from reading.

5% of what they learn when they’ve learned from lecture.

I have noticed this in the past episodes, where the ponies gets what seems to be their keys.

Fluttershy teaches that breezie to be kind.

Applejack teaches that grey pony to be honest.

Rarity teaches that assistant pony to be "generous".

Pinkie teached Cheese Sandwhich to have fun.

Do you think they are giving away their elements for good? Or they just received a key for teaching their qualities?

/random thought

I don;'t think they're "giving away " their element.  Otherwise the new Elements of harmony would be:

Coco Pommel

Spitfire

Cheese Sandwich

Seabreeze

Silver Shill. 

Okay, the first three are pretty cool, but the last two aren't exactly the most dynamic characters.  I mean, can you imagine thse five random characters banding together to stop Equestria's latest threat?

I don;'t think they're "giving away " their element.  Otherwise the new Elements of harmony would be:

Coco Pommel

Spitfire

Cheese Sandwich

Seabreeze

Silver Shill. 

Okay, the first three are pretty cool, but the last two aren't exactly the most dynamic characters.  I mean, can you imagine thse five random characters banding together to stop Equestria's latest threat?

It would work as well as 5 teenagers with attitude coming together to save angle grove.

Meaning it would be flawless.

They've already given away the physical manifestations of the Elements of Harmony back in the premiere. Remember that tree?

In terms of the Elements as parts of their personalities, I think they're actually more important than ever. Now, this "key" concept serves as a plot device that actually demands that the characters demonstrate their elements for at least one episode. We didn't have anything like this in seasons past. Now they have a specific payoff for acting within their elements and setting a good example for others.

And if there's any speculation about all of the key characters coming back, I'll be quick to shoot it down. There are two dead giveaways. One is that one of the characters is a guest star, the other is that one of the characters isn't even one of the three (or four) main types of pony. If the treatment of Spike or the way Applejack herds those sheep and cows tells us, it's that ponies are the Master Race. (I'd normally also suggest the presence of male characters in the group as another strike against that theory, but I want to stay off that soapbox for now. :) )