Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Teabee Paints: My Little Warhammer

Teabee

(edited)

I guess it's not art in the traditional sense, but I paint miniatures for tabletop wargames and have done some MLP-inspired stuff.  I try not to make it too obvious with candy colored cartoon horses everywhere, rather, I try to do subtle things like a color scheme that hints at a certain thing from the show.  Life is rather busy and tight on money right now, but I hope to become more prolific in the future.

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, there are only Ponies

Wraithguards 1

Spiritseer

Hemlock Wraithfighter

Farseer

Edited by Teabee

On a related note...

Is it me, or do alot of Warhammer fans hate ponies?

I've met SOOOO many of them that think we're a scourge and say something about exterminatus or something on bronies.

Is there a reason for that, that alot of them hate MLP?

(edited)

On a related note...

Is it me, or do alot of Warhammer fans hate ponies?

I've met SOOOO many of them that think we're a scourge and say something about exterminatus or something on bronies.

Is there a reason for that, that alot of them hate MLP?

Hmm, it might just be your area.  Warhammer fans are a big community and like with any big community you're going to get a wide variety of differing opinions on various subjects.  That being said, I have seen what you describe and it surprises me that there is such animosity in the fandom towards ponies.  Warhammer, and 40k in particular, has always embraced aspects that are a little bit silly.  I mean, c'mon, we're talking about a game where orcs throw together ramshackle-looking contraptions that make no mechanical sense and yet somehow they work.  Humans theorize that it works because they believe it does for chrissake.  If that's not ridiculous then I don't know what is.

I say this because the majority of Warhammer fans that have called for an exterminatus (which, if you didn't know, is the destruction of an entire planet because its population is deemed too corrupted by Chaos for a simple massacre of all the corrupted people) of bronies are half-joking when they say so.  Just like we "love and tolerate the shit out of" everything, Warhammer fans have their thing about burning the mutant, killing the heretic, and purging the unclean.  It's mostly in good fun.  There have been fanfics written from the perspective of inquisitors detailing the purging of Hogwarts and how Santa Claus is a daemon of chaos that corrupts little children with his presents.

So I wouldn't get too worried about it.  I know guys on other forums that do this, but I also see them posting on the resident MLP threads all the time.  There's a good chance that some Warhammer fans, like me, are also bronies.  In fact, I guarantee it.

Edited by Teabee

Lies and slander.  Well, I haven't seen the new Necron codex but I still remember the old 3rd Edition one which was boring as sin and had like 3 viable builds.  I do have an idea for pony-themed 'cron army where the body is primarily white with a little mint green source lighting where the eyes are and a pink/purple swirl for the power rods on their weapons ;)

Oh no, look at what I've gone and done!

Jokes aside, this thing took me forever to work on.  That's the thing with vehicles, they're the models that most tempt you to be lazy because of the sheer amount of work involved in getting one up to standard.  I consider this level of painting "gaming" standard as opposed to "display" standard and it still took me about 2 or 3 days of work and a lot of episodes of Bar Rescue.

The Hemlock Wraithfighter was a great model to work on and build.  I just love the look of it, very sleek and angular.  Fliers are before my time, gamewise, since they came in with 6th Edition and the last one I played was 5th back in the very early days when it first came out (I've played 40k since the twilight of 3rd Edition.  Well, more like the beginning of 4th), so I can't speak for its effectiveness on the tabletop but when it comes to having the army look fabulous, it's an excellent addition.

Next up will be a Farseer, I've got the model coming in the mail and I'll start putting it together over the course of this coming week.  After that, there might not be updates for awhile as these models cost money and I've got a field problem coming up that will take me out of action until the end of the month.

Lies and slander.  Well, I haven't seen the new Necron codex but I still remember the old 3rd Edition one which was boring as sin and had like 3 viable builds.  I do have an idea for pony-themed 'cron army where the body is primarily white with a little mint green source lighting where the eyes are and a pink/purple swirl for the power rods on their weapons ;)

New codex makes them pretty awesome.

(edited)

Dear Princess Celestia:

Today I put the finishing touches on a Farseer for my new Rarity-themed Eldar army.

This one was actually a surprise because I thought it was going to be a Finecast and not all plastic.  This means that it suffers a bit on the detail (I love ornate, decorative armor) but at the same time it's less of a pain to get done.  It also gave me a chance to try out some fabrics since they are (in my opinion) a lot harder to do than armor.  Overall I think it came out really well given that I haven't painted anything in 3 years.

I tried to do things a little differently since there was lots of fabric to work with, and used Rarity's Fall Formal dress from EQG as a reference.  When I get some more models together, I'll take a group shot and you guys can tell me if it fits in well with the rest of the army or stands out too much.  This is going to be all for the next month or so because we're out on maneuvers starting the 15th.  Hopefully when I get back there will be some money in my bank account and I'll be able to put up some more decent quality Warhammer painting for you guys.

'til next time, stay fabulous and keep the wubs flowing.

Speaking of which, I may have to commission that.  A Dune parody with Vinyl captioned, "The wubs must flow."

Edited by Teabee