Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you know that Hasbro was a toy company?

Tabe

81 users have voted

1. 1. Did you know that Hasbro was a toy company?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other/Don't know

I do know! I bought their toys all time when I was a kid, then stopped buying them cause I grew up. And then I got hooked to MLP, and I was actually surprised that Hasbro also made TV shows. All my life I tought they just sold toys. And because of MLP I started buying Hasbro toys again.

To clarify. I live in Sweden, where pretty much no one knows what Hasbro is. From what I hear, everyone seems to know Hasbro in America.

• Brohoof 2

I remember when I was growing up with all the toy commercials for pretty much everything you can think of, you couldn't watch anything without having at least a few of them and many of those toys were made by Hasbro which is not surprising when you consider that Hasbro is pretty much the worlds largest toy company with Mattel being its only real competition. Since I grew up during the heyday of G1 I did see my share of My Little Pony toy commercials even though most of the cartoons I watched were "boys shows" like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, GI Joe and all the various comic book super hero cartoons of the time. To make a long answer slightly shorter yes I have known for quite some time that Hasbro is a toy company.

To clarify. I live in Sweden, where pretty much no one knows what Hasbro is. From what I hear, everyone seems to know Hasbro in America.

Well you're probably familiar with some of their products.  Ever heard of Transformers?  Beyblade?  Furbies?  GI Joe?  Pokemon?  Play Doh?  Or games like Monopoly?  Battleship?  Clue? 

I'm pretty sure almost everyone knows that hasbro is a toy company. I've known ever since I was five years old it mostly has to do with the massive amounts of star wars and transformers action figures I had(I say had because most of them are in pieces now from where I tried to make custom figures).

(edited)

Nope. I didn't note who made the things I enjoyed for a long time- much less their background. Didn't know the names of many artists or actors either. 

Often enough, people are amazed by what I haven't heard of/know the name of.

Edited by Starlight Sky

See, when I was a kid, my birthdays and Christmases were dominated by one thing, and one thing only: Star Wars figures. Every time I would open a new Obi Wan Kenobi, or Luke Skywalker, there would always be that omnipresent logo on the side of the box. Even if I had no interest in either Transformers or My Little Pony back then, their license to produce the most badass Han Solo figures of all time was what kept them in my eye.

• Brohoof 1

Considering I have a huge stash of G1-3 figures(Actually, they're toys... Shaddup you) I don't think it would take a detective to put 2 and 2 together.

David-Tennant-Nah-Face-On-Doctor-Who.gif

It's not like they tried to sell their MLP merch in very annoying commercials that you would see all the time. 

At least when I was younger I used to see ads for the brush'ems I really dislike. I prefer the figures that actually look like the show and don't look daft. No offence to anyone who does like those though...

I knew it was a toy company before I watched any of the shows. The first show I watched was tramsformers G1 and it is apparent that it is a huge advertisement for toys. MLP now actually feels like its stand alone show

Ahem, the whole point of the show is to advertise their toys :P (and they did a good job of it too, looking at the fandom it created)

It was almost the opposite for me, until I found the fandom, I never new that hasbro even had TV shows!

Yes, several years ago I wrote Hasbro a letter with my Robotic Toy idea Design so got the permission from their president of the company as long as I don't use their names of Autobots and Decepticons and not using my own character of Megatron and Optimus Prime !  I call my Toy invention Waracons N Crushazoids now the story takes place 65,00 years into the future on a strange planet called Wartest the surface is made of metal and lava!  then one day there was a war between power of good and evil suddenly the robot battles last for days and nights then finally both lead warriors are losing nuclear fusion cubes the fuel to power their weapons !  Meanwhile the several wars in the past causes Evil lead warrior robot Skillarunawaratron to lose power with his lava life that is the life blood of all his race and the Intrepid Crushazoids lead warrior robot will do what he can to protect the Earth his name is Demolisher!  Anyway Hasbro liked my toy idea of the robots and instructions how they reform into creatures or vehicles  but short notice they couldn't make them for me! But they did have list of invention companies to try ? Plus I think it's cool they let me make my own Headmasters, Targetmasters  and Pretenders .