• Carpooling/General Passenger
    • Bicycle/Alt
    • Walking
  3. 3. Age Group

• Under 16
    • 16-25
    • 26-35
    • 36+

I love driving on highways, freeways, and interstates, and driving golf carts on the campus that I work at.

I hate driving whenever my mother is in the car, whether she's up front or not.  My mom is a paranoid passenger whenever ANYONE drives, even if it is someone that's better than she is.  (This doesn't include me; I'm kind of bad).

• Brohoof 1

I have a love/hate relationship with driving.

At work I love it. Nothing gets the juices flowing like driving like a bat out of hell: speeding, running red lights, driving on the wrong side of the road, and there's nothing the po-lice can do 'bout it!

But when I'm off, I hate driving. Maybe because it's boring following the traffic laws. Maybe because I drive a lot between both jobs. Maybe because I'm lazy. Whichever it is, I don't driving on my days off.

Of course, I've yet to find anything as enjoyable as driving, and the experience changes so much depending on the car and the conditions. I've driven everything from supercars to commercial vans, tiny hatchbacks to big 4x4s, and whilst they're all immensely fun in their own right, nothing quite comes close to just putting the power down in the RS and just throwing it through corners. It's intoxicating.

• Brohoof 2

I'll drive somewhere but I prefer riding with someone than driving.  It's just kinda boring to me.

Then you probably need a more enjoyable car.

I find myself apologising to my passengers all the time, because riding in my car can't be enjoyable. Hard, low suspension and short gears can't be good for passenger comfort.

Then you probably need a more enjoyable car.

I find myself apologising to my passengers all the time, because riding in my car can't be enjoyable. Hard, low suspension and short gears can't be good for passenger comfort.

That's not why.  I just don't really care for driving.

(edited)

I've held my license for almost a month now and I love driving. It's the one place where I can listen to what I want go where I want, and no one can tell me what to do, well except for traffic laws

Edited by Dashingbag

I love driving, unfortunately the federal government, local law enforcement, and the Geneva Conventions forbid me from driving anymore. Habitual criminals are constantly released from prison and commit crimes within weeks of regaining their freedom, and no one protests. But you set ONE tank on fire and drive it through a parade and everyone gets all whiny.

• Brohoof 2

I hate driving on the road. I would love a track day car though. Nothing special. An old manual tranny beater car or something like a mark 1 GTI would be nice. I'm not in the financial position to do so now but maybe someday I'll be able to.

• Brohoof 1

I definitely enjoy driving, though mostly on freeways and highways. I'm not exactly a fan of traffic, and passengers don't always appreciate my use of... precise timing (I often drive aggressively, but I know my limits). Mostly I enjoy just cruising along, it doesn't matter where I'm going, which is good considering I have a horrible sense of direction  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Once you begin to drive, you're gonna want to drive a lot more than you should, because you have the freedom to go anywhere you please...as long as you have enough gas, of course. Trust me. once I got my license, I felt free, I didn't have to stay home and do nothing anymore and I can just grab my car and go to the store or go anywhere haha. 

in other words, driving is awesome. 

Edited by Starflower
  • Brohoof 3

Ah yes.Driving is good.Especially if there's not a lot of cars on the road.I just dislike the fact how people dont follow the speed limit,and it influences me to be a terrible driver.

I think this is because back in the past.Driver's ed was optional,and getting your actual drivers license was as easy as pie.So many people dont know how dangerous driving can be if you dont play your cards right.Unlike these days where Drivers ed is required,and a bunch of other rules enforced so that others know how seriously bad driving is if you decide to be a butthole.

So I advise anyone reading this that can drive:please set a good examples to others on the road so that future drivers can also form good driving habits,too.

• Brohoof 1

I love driving! Thats why I'm driving from Wisconsin to Baltimore this August for Bronycon!

It doesn't have to be some sporty car either. I've driving lots of different vehicles (Box vans, trucks, sedans, minivans, sports cars, etc) and each one has a personality of its own. 

One of my favorite things to do is to head north and start driving around, there's lots of great roads and you might only see 2-3 cars a hour. Just driving and listening to some tunes to pass the time can be really relaxing.

I loathe driving because everyone in this stinking country (England) absolutely cannot drive for toffee. I'd be safer driving in a goddamn wartorn African country being shot at by child soldiers than driving on the average motorway here. It's even worse in the towns and cities where you need to have the alertness and eyes of a goddamn eagle to avoid running over any stupid little imbecilic goddamn children, because they run out from behind cars and stuff. Same with the pedestrians who slowly lumber out onto the road and don't even speed up when your car, which could turn their bodies into twitching piles of broken bones, approaches. Not to mention people who cut across lanes at the last moment, almost wiping you out, and don't get me started on the goddamn lorry, truck and van drivers who think they own the road. I'm thinking of going through all the necessary loopholes to purchase a hunting rifle and stow it in my car for the sole purpose of cracking off a shot at the average lorry driver.

I'd rather have a horse. That way I can carry a saber and re-enact the Charge of the Light Brigade whenever a goddamn pedestrian decides they won't move their fragile carcasses out of my way when i'm heading towards them.

You take my life then i'll take yours too!!! Iron Maiden, The Trooper.

(edited)

Driving is great! It gives me the feeling of being independent and enables me to do things on my own. Of course it gets boring sometimes, but I could never take my ability to drive for granted.

Edited by LED Dasher

I'm at the point I hate driving personally. I work ~50 miles away with heavy traffic and over the past 9 months I've spent at least 900 hours driving coming up to about a month of my life behind the wheel over nearly a year. I'm moving to a place within 4 miles of work just so I don't have to drive as much. 

(edited)

I don't drive but I probably will If I got a car. driving in my own vehicle not stopping for anyone like a bus and going where I want. owning a car > public transport.

Edited by Shanghai

Been driving since I was 16yrs and I'm turning 28 on Wednesday...

So at this point its just become a daily life gig, not so much an enjoyment. Sure I like it when I"m the one driving on long trips cause it makes time go faster. But I love it when my husband drives ME around places, dunno i find it romantic for some reason lol.

As someone who's been driving for 5 years, drives as a profession every single day and experienced at least 3 major accidents........

I still love driving  :P  it's relaxing and having my own car makes me feel.. independent?  Rather than having to rely on people for rides.  I don't think I could go back to those days.  It's like taking the internet from a WoW junkie.

• Brohoof 3

It depends on what I'm driving. When I'm in my jeep liberty with my two subs in the back it's a great time. Though if I'm stuck with the family car, it sucks. Seats are most uncomfortable, the sound system is kinda crap, and it's too low to the ground for my tastes. 

Though I will say driving my grandfather's 03 corvette was enjoyable, since the speed and comfort made up for height. 

• Brohoof 1

I liked driving more right after I got my license because of the new sense of liberation it provided. Although I still enjoy being able to go wherever I want at any time, it's nice when somebody else can shuttle me around. Gives me an opportunity to sleep on the way over, which is sometimes better for really long trips. The only downside to me being a passenger is that I get motion sickness. Driving takes that away. And you know people will start hitting you up for a ride once you have your license and they don't feel like driving or can't for some reason. :P

All things considered, I don't dislike driving, but in a way it's become a bit of an inconvenience while also providing more convenience. Glad I can do it though.

• Brohoof 1