• Carpooling/General Passenger
    • Bicycle/Alt
    • Walking
  3. 3. Age Group

• Under 16
    • 16-25
    • 26-35
    • 36+

I already posted in here a while back but I wanted to add that if I had the opportunity to take public transit to/from work or even a majority of the time, I'd jump at it. Having a car is very liberating being able to go where you want when you want, so I definitely would like to keep a car around.

That being said, it's nice to be able to hop on a train or subway in the morning, nap, and show up at work instead of fighting traffic to and from. Also for stuff other than work, so I never need to worry about parking (or parking TICKETS).

(edited)

If you can see my avatar you will know what kind of driving i like :lol: . I Have dedicated hours into Daytona USA and Sega Rally. And other retro driving games. I Have also raced karts on a circuit. Hopefully i may get onto the Rallying or Banger Racing scene proving my Tourettes and OCD don't make me bad at it. I Need to have some more time karting first and then i may get into it. One thing's for sure. Because of my Condition. I am not allowed to drive on the road.

Edited by 41Hornet
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Driving to me is like a drug as is music its very very relaxing and sometimes I wish I could just drive like all day not really caring where it is I am going. But I do that a lot in racing games its strangely like a stress reliever to me.

• Brohoof 1

I voted for "Meh, it's okay." I'd rather have someone else drive me than myself drive, since I often worry about doing something wrong and getting into an accident. That being said, it's a nice way to get to a place faster.

I love driving, it's my absolute freedom! Going where you want, when you want.
I'm a little bit afraid of the trucks on the highway though, but that won't keep me off the highway though.

• Brohoof 3

Idk, I honestly haven't drove that much to be fair, I know, i'm 17, I should already have my licence, but I haven't even taken drivers Ed or anything. I've just done some practicing here and there driving back home once we get like a couple blocks or so away. 

And of course my mom is there with me, so yeah. She usually ends up freaking out over everything I do, and I am already kinda nervous in the first place, I'm so uncomfortable with driving, because I'm afraid i'm, going to hit something, or run off the road into a ditch or something, especially because I feel like I can't really always tell how far the car is from things like the line in the middle of the road, or the side of the road, and stuff like that. 

Oh and I can't backup worth crap, I seriously turn into a mess thinking about it most of the time, you'd swear i'm dyslexic trying to backup, not to mention I can't really see that well backing up, which adds to the discomfort of it.

Idk, I still kind of like driving in a way, but it is a very nerve wracking experience especially with my mom there to add to it, and not to mention mentally exhausting. And I kind of suck too anyways. Seriously, my 15 year old brother is better at it than me, which makes no freaking sense. 

Regardless I'll probably eventually get my permit, depending on when I get time to and stuff I guess. And assuming I don't fail drivers ed or whatever.

Even after getting my class 2 license, I still love it. :D Except for when someone turns a corner and starts coming towards you in the lane you're in. :3 Moments like that really make you wonder how some people get their licenses. >_>

http://youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0

Can't drive, visually impaired. Though I have driven golf carts, a few go-karts when I was young, my mother's car twice, and my grandpa's lawnmower. My experiences: Okay, fun as hell, cool but nerve-racking, and fun, respectively. 
Anyhow. I suppose you could say I do, sort of.

I love driving and crashing into other cars,then getting out,beating the shit out of the other driver,getting back again and leaving as if nothing happened...in grand theft auto XD

This. This a million times.

• Brohoof 2

It took me forever to get my license.  I was already 18 and graduated by the time I took the test, but now that I can drive on my own, when and wherever I want to, it's pretty much the best thing ever.  As long as I don't have someone in the passenger seat complaining and gripping the armrest in terror.  I swear, I'm not that bad of a driver, and yet every turn I take people act like they're riding side by side with Evel Knievel over a jump.

Sometimes, when the mood hits me right, i feel like i can drive, listen to a tune and almost relax in my seat. Usually it feels like a chore though - the area around my house is a dense, urban area with little open roads and it usually means high traffic.

*GASP* DID I HEAR SOMETHING ABOUT CARS/DRIVING?

YES... I love driving.  I'm a gearhead, lmao.  I love anything with wheels and an engine...

I've been operating motor vehicles since the age of FOUR - it was a fourwheeler, lol.  I've been driving road vehicles since I was *cough* don't tell anyone this *cough* 13... huehuehue... But, living in a country area, it's not that big a deal for a kid's parents to let them have an early start in driving on the country back-roads.  

I currently have a 2001 Ford F-150 (I love my truck), and a 2002 Yamaha V-Star 650.  But, motorcycles are VERY different.  They are MUCH more dangerous.  I had a wreck last summer and believe me, it sucked... bad...  It wasn't my fault - I was going around a corner on a country highway, probably at about 45mph (the advisory speed for the corner) when this dumb-*apples* came barreling around the corner in my direction ON MY SIDE of the road at friggin 65mph!  So, my instincts kicked in and I had no other choice - I had to drop it.  I slammed both front and back brakes, leaned right, and jumped off the bike going probably 35mph, and rolled to the side of the road.  Thank God I was wearing my helmet (I always do).  The idiot didn't even stop to see if I was okay.  Honestly, it's probably lucky for him that he didn't, I was so pissed off I'd probably have beat him unconscious.  I had bloodied up arms, with asphalt and rock deep in my skin, but no broken bones.  I was shaking, but felt no pain due to the massive amount of adrenaline flowing through my veins...  After checking myself out I ran over to my bike and picked it up because it was spilling gas everywhere... 

My dad fixed my bike, and I slowly got back on the saddle... it took a while, but I didn't want to give up.  

The scars on my arms are a not-so-friendly reminder of how events can turn very bad in just a split second when riding a motorcycle.  I just thank the Lord for watching over me that day... *Sigh* I better stop this post now before I start tearing up...

Anyway, be careful out there.  Driving is fun, but it's very serious, and I know that now more than ever.

• Brohoof 2

Just to put in my two cents: like the above poster, I love driving. No, I wouldn't consider myself a gearhead, but for me, driving is therapeutic. I usually drive sans radio/music and just let myself be at peace.

One thing is for sure, though. Driving is most definitely not a point-A-to-point-B affair for me, and I don't think it ever could be. I've been driving for years, all over the country, and my love for it hasn't diminished.

It's nice because I

1. Don't have driving confidence issues.
  2. Don't speed or drive dangerously (it's not relaxing).
  3. Don't have anything to worry about while driving due to the above.

Of course, living in places where driving is a necessity (and not a privilege) has contributed to my unique experience. In a certain sense, life really is a highway, eh?

• Brohoof 1

I'm 18 and still don't know how to drive.. absolutely terrified of being behind the wheel. Might have to get my mom to drive me to college every day which would be rather embarrassing x\

That's normal, right?

Ha! Depends on the person, really. I mentioned before that driving is kinda exactly the opposite for me: way more peaceful than anything. Yeah, I'm that guy that drives as slow as your grandpa, but hey, at least I'm enjoying the ride!

:( <----------- Doesn't have a drivers license yet

Hope you do soon!

• Brohoof 1

I don't know how to drive yet, but when I first practiced, it sorta gave me a rush lol

That's normal, right?

put the pedal to the meddle and drift the corner at mach speeds

that'll give you a rush

especially when you start swerving and almost run into a sign 

• Brohoof 1