• Carpooling/General Passenger
    • Bicycle/Alt
    • Walking
  3. 3. Age Group

• Under 16
    • 16-25
    • 26-35
    • 36+

I love driving both in real life and in video games lol. Driving relaxes me plus when I drive I feel like I can go anywhere and do anything I want because I feel more independent and I don't have to rely on people to take me places.

If you think your car is part of the reason you aren't excited about driving anymore, buy something out of the norm. Go get yourself an E30 BMW or an F-Body Camaro if you're looking to get into something that's more fun off the road.

Well I'll be sonofagun, I just so happen to have one of those.   :P 

She's not mine, really; she's my mother's technically: 1989 Chevy Camaro RS

8dcaee288f.png

Though, I can tell you now, "Rally Sport" means nothing in terms of off-road...  :wacko:  This one-tire-fire old thing would get stuck in half an inch of mud, no doubt.

Now, my 2001 Ford F-150 (if I had the 4x4 working, which atm, it's not, for some reason), is good off-road...  :smug: 

---

I've posted here before, I think, though it looks like another thread has since been merged.

I love vehicles of any kind.

But, having wrecked my motorcycle before, I am a little sketchy on 2-wheels now.

https://mlpforums.com/topic/111764-so-talk-me-out-of-or-into-buying-a-motorcycle/?p=3170130

I prefer my truck, but I have ridden my motorcycle since then, after dad fixed it for me.

:mellow: 

These days, I just wish I could fly.  Cars are getting smarter, but people are getting stupider.  

Leave your damn cell phone in the console until you have arrived at your destination.  Thanks.

:comeatus: 

~ Miles

• 3 weeks later...

My spacial awareness and my ability to make split-second decisions is pretty awful so I dislike driving.  Other drivers also give me anxiety while I'm behind the wheel.

I guess that I just have to practice more, but as of right now I think that vehicles are just screaming metal death traps and I absolutely hate driving them.

Driving never felt any better once I got my G2 (second last step to an Ontario Full G) License! I could go and do whatever I want!

Having the privilege and the ability to drive gives you a sense of freedom and adventure, and I love that a lot! :D

However, there are the annoying left-lane hoggers that are not obeying the "Slower traffic keep right" policy, which does annoy me. But it still doesn't stop me from enjoying the moments whenever I do get to drive.

I don't have a license but I do a little driving from to time on empty roads just to get the hang of it. Sometimes I get on the highway and go up to 120 km/h but that's where my driver stops me :P

In my house I have a Honda Civic from 2004 with a 1.6L engine and it is so easy to drive and makes no sound at all. The other car that I drive from time to time is my grandad's Daihatsu Rocky from 1983. It's got a 3 litre diesel engine with a turbo in it and it's pretty small and light for a jeep/SUV so you can imagine how powerful it is.

• Brohoof 1

I have a license and a car that my parents pay insurance for, and I love driving because I feel independent and I don't have to rely on people to take me places, I drive a 2002 Honda Accord with a V6 engine and it's very easy to drive and a good car, the only thing I hate about driving is tailgaters and slow drivers.

• Brohoof 1

I love driving, I find it fun and nice to know that I can take myself to places instead of waiting on people to take me there. I currently drive a white Toyota RAV4 and I love it! :D

I can't drive due to not having a license, but I do rather enjoy riding my electric bike, it's not quite as good as my old one, but it's still fun.

• 10 months later...

Driving to me is like the moment where man an machine becomes one. The sound of the engine, the way the car moves with your wrists and the feeling of freedom that you can take.

Hate traffic though...

• 2 years later...

I don't mind driving, just not at night or long trips. I don't like to sit in the car for much longer than 2 hours.

I really enjoy driving antique trucks. It's like traveling back in time.  :mlp_yeehaa:

I don't mind driving if I have someplace to go that's too far to walk or ride a bike to. I don't have a car of my own (I steal my cousin's ride if I need to drive somewhere) and prefer to walk anyway if it's a reasonable option.

• 4 months later...

Driving is the best! I love to drive, especially when I can get out on the highway and really open it up (yeah, I drive a Smart car so I don't really win a lot of races against your average Prius). But fast or slow (preferably fast) I love to drive. It's especially nice when the weather is nice and I can put the top down and enjoy the sunshine or moonlight. 

My family and I do own a few cars but I personally don't like to drive unless I really have to. Transportation is quickly climbing in carbon emissions and have replaced industry and power as the main polluter in American society, and thanks to the general lack of regulation towards big auto and big oil corporations, we have fostered cities around facilitating car travel and nothing else through urban sprawl and the construction of massive highways. Auto corporations like GM are allowed to manufacture gas-guzzling SUVs and pickups (which only 15% of drivers actually use for its intended purpose) that get less than 20 MPG on the road. Even worse, the sheer amount of cars on the road not only contribute to air pollution, but also noise pollution and light pollution. 

Even ignoring all that environmental baggage, traffic congestion caused by so many people driving on the road also results in a net loss on the economy as people spend time driving instead of doing something productive like being at work or using their free time. In cities like LA, it's not surprising to see extreme commuters from places like San Bernardino or Moreno Valley drive 3 hours a day to get to work in downtown LA and back. Imagine if those three hours were spent going to work, shopping, or spending time with family and friends. At least with public transit, your attention is not on the road and is spent doing something somewhat more productive like reading a book, browsing your phone, or editing papers for work. 

So when I can afford to, I would prefer to bike to use nearby services or use it to get to a light rail station or bus stop. Way too many people drive a few miles to places that can be easily accessed by bikes, and shaving a few miles from driving is a small improvement at the very least. Additionally, it helps burn calories and can be way less stress inducing than driving behind the wheel. 

• 1 month later...