1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

The best of the Spike episodes? Yes.

Comical hilarity with the song? Yes.

Surprisingly mature morals that anyone with an ego can learn from? Certainly.

I have no reservations about this episode, but it beat expectations.

• Brohoof 3

After Spike destroys the crystal with fire, where did that umbrella come from?

img-2596268-1-BmuyVQXCcAArWSz.png

This is still bothering me lmao.

He's clearly been hanging out with Pinkie Pie too much.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

That was nice. Really liked this episode.  ^_^

Spike "singing" the Cloudsdale anthem was delightfully painful to watch. Ouch. :lol:

The only thing I didn't really like is that the princesses didn't fly up to help the others hold and steer the frozen cloud, because Twilight seemed like she was about to fly up and do just that. But it's not a big deal. I'm sure someone can come up with an excuse for that. What was a big deal in this episode was Spike. I really liked him in this episode (which is kinda expected, since he was the focus of the episode, but doesn't necessarily happen...) and I liked the way Twilight delivered the moral.

Is it me or does Spike work better with the CMC than with the Mane Six?

Anyway... I would have preferred if it was more about the Equestria Games, than it was Spike's drama, and I would expect the climate teams in the Crystal Empire to have removed the clouds from the area, in order to prevent accidents like the one that happened. But I liked the episode.

EDIT: By the way... Hooray Ponyville!

Edited by moonlightavenger

The episode was alright. All of the planning they did for the Equestria Games in the previous episodes, and it seemed like they rushed the whole thing. Other than that, I really enjoyed the episode.

Do my eyes deceive me? Or did the writers actually produce two good Spike episodes IN A ROW???

Spike was great for the 2nd straight week! I felt that his character developed slightly the past two weeks and he was really identifyable both weeks.

I was slightly disappointment by the lack of focus of the Equestria Games themselves, but it's fine as it is.

It was a pretty good episode. Though, where was Fluttershy when the rest of the mane 6 were outside after the opening ceremonies? She was nowhere to be seen... :(

I'm not much of a Spike fan, but he was good this episode. Also Ms.Harshwhinny was awesome as usual. I liked how she kept calling Spike "Mister The Dragon"

overall 7/10 Not my fave episode, but I liked it. :squee:

(edited)

Oh yeah going along with what ggg2 said, Twilight didn't get to have any scenes with her brother, what the heck!! There was only one scene where Cadance and Shining were together and it was just standing next to each other. Bummer!

Edited by MLPFanatic34

The moral of this lesson hit painfully close to the heart with me. I remember a time when I was getting a lot of praise but just wasn't feeling it inside.

A lot of the time when I hear whatever lesson is learned at the end, I usually just think "that's nice" or "yeah, that makes sense" but this time... I think I really need to take some time off to think this one through... -_-

• Brohoof 2

This episode was a little boring, in my opinion. I was hoping to see more of the events, too :-/

However, the lesson at the end was fantastic & totally relatable. And, the scene where the crowd is silent t all you hear is the baby crying, had me laughing my ass off.

Another episode I didn't expect much from but ended up loving. The scene with the crowd's reaction to the anthem (and Pinkie was enjoying it) was hilarious, and I really felt for Spike at the end.

• Brohoof 2

That. Was. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spike was so cool, saving everypony!! AGAIN!! There is but one problem I noticed. Twilihgt can turn back time, as proven in "It's About Time." I'm not saying that she would in the first place, just pointing out that ,yes, she can travel back in time and her statement near the end was not true  Awesome episode, nonetheless!!!  :wub:  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

How in the world did Ponyville finish SECOND in the aerial relay.  I mean sheesh as close as they were at the hoof-off, I find it odd that they didn't get gold.  How in the world did Bulk Biceps and Fluttershy end up like second after their leg?

After Spike destroys the crystal with fire, where did that umbrella come from?

img-2596268-1-BmuyVQXCcAArWSz.png

This is still bothering me lmao.

Headcanon: the umbrella was up Spike's butt, which is why he couldn't breathe the fire before. Seems legit to me. :wacko:
  • Brohoof 3

That. Was. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spike was so cool, saving everypony!! AGAIN!! There is but one problem I noticed. Twilihgt can turn back time, as proven in "It's About Time." I'm not saying that she would in the first place, just pointing out that ,yes, she can travel back in time and her statement near the end was not true Awesome episode, nonetheless!!! :wub::lol:

I think I remember she specifically said in that episode that the spell only works once.

Even then, it seems like altering the past won't work with that spell anyway.

Check out the two new ruler ponies here on the bottom right:

img-2596162-1-616406__safe_twilight%20sp

Dunno what nation/pony parody nation they're supposed to represent though, but the new mare is cute and the other guy is pretty cool. Kinda wish we would've seen some griffin ruler representation too though. :huh:

• Brohoof 3

I think I remember she specifically said in that episode that the spell only works once.

Even then, it seems like altering the past won't work with that spell anyway.

Maybe. Pinkie said, "You can go back once..." so you could be right. Also, I didn't say that it would help, I was only trying to say that she could.

Howdy all!

Saw the episode and gotta say it was pretty cool.

Another Spike episode with pure goodness. :yay:

Possibly one the best performance by Cathy Wessluck as Spike in the series.

Poor fellow had stage fright when trying to light up the torch.

(Glad Twilight helped out)

He tried to redeem himself with singing the anthem but it was the wrong one.

Funny moment trying to sing the Cloudsdale anthem :lol:

But he redeemed himself and saved the Crystal Ponies by melting the ice.

And lighting up the closing ceremonies with fireworks.

A pity Raity didnt give her Spikey Wikey some inspiration ;)

:lol:

But nonetheless it was amazing episode.

Give props to David Polsky in writing todays ep.

Fun to see Ms Harshwhinny again.

See ya!

• Brohoof 1

Check out the two new ruler ponies here on the bottom right:

img-2596162-1-616406__safe_twilight%20sp

Dunno what nation/pony parody nation they're supposed to represent though, but the new mare is cute and the other guy is pretty cool. Kinda wish we would've seen some griffin ruler representation too though. :huh:

Can't identify the 2 left of blueblood, but the mare reminds me of Maya/Aztec/Inca (missing knowledge), while the colt seems Egyptian.

I thought this episode was alright. Considering the build up to them I wish they had focused more on the EG. I did like the part where Rarity was forced to go through the anti-magic thing. At first I thought she was going to be forced to go through some kind of TSA like search lol. But it makes sense that Unicorns could be cheating. I am curious if the Princess' have to have their magic disabled as well.

I thought this episode was alright. Considering the build up to them I wish they had focused more on the EG. I did like the part where Rarity was forced to go through the anti-magic thing. At first I thought she was going to be forced to go through some kind of TSA like search lol. But it makes sense that Unicorns could be cheating. I am curious if the Princess' have to have their magic disabled as well.

Probably or Spike wouldn't have been needed.