S04:E24 - Equestria Games  

259 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This was an amazing episode. Very good Spike one.

That would have been a GREAT EPISODE!!!! if it didnt revolve around spike...

And because it's a Spike episode it's automatically bad?

• Brohoof 7

Spoiler Alert: The foal who cried after Spike's song will become Cloudsdale's next leader - motivated by the traumatization associated with the deep disrespect Spike had for Cloudsdale and its anthem.

This was an amazing episode. Very good Spike one.

And because it's a Spike episode it's automatically bad?

no not saying that, there has been some good spike episodes (like inspiration manifestation, which revolved around him not wanting to let down rarity). I wish they would have focused more on the games they had built up for a long time now instead of spike.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That episode was really good. Not one of my favorites, but still good. Goes on my Top 20.

That botched anthem was really funny. :D

It reminded me of when Christina Aguilera fudged on the US national anthem in the 2011 Super Bowl. Like, I remembered when that happened haha Here it is in case you wanna check it

Edited by Space Woona

(edited)

Oh man this episode's lesson is probably the most personally relevant the show's ever put on.

I have to say I'll give this a better mark than the other episodes of the Season so far (sorry Rarity episodes). Yet another brilliant set of callbacks, I think the seasons do a bit better if they're constructed with a specific timeline and event in mind (Season One's Gala comes to mind) because it produces all these references that can be followed up on later. The lesson was a strong one, I feel, because I've always considered individual worth to be far more important than the worth others give you, and I hope the little girls who watched that episode realize the same thing in this world of everyone judging them the moment they hit puberty.

Absolutely nobody fell out of character for a second, I think. The plot, for once, didn't feel like it was a rushing train towards destruction, it seemed to resolve in a manner that was timely.

The fucking anthem though. I nearly sighed, cried, then died. In that order.

And Spike's a badass. I don't think the show's adult dragons showed gouts of fire that strong.

Edited by Pinkieling
  • Brohoof 7

Dave Polsky you have done it.

You have nailed the best writer this season.

But isn't Amy  Keating Rogers married? Oh  my  :blush:

• Brohoof 4

'There's no time'

There's no time tho :huh:

'We can't turn back time'

We totally can tho :derp:

Besides those parts however, not really a bad episode. I just hope Spike gets rid of his inferiority complex for good now, giving this episode merit. I was kind of disappointed they didn't focus more on the games too, but at least Spike got some spotlight for once, and the episode didn't go any of the dumb directions it made you think it would go at times. So, sort of a lukewarm penultimate episode of the season not unlike how I felt 2&3's penultimate episodes were, but it was maybe a bit better than those. Pretty good episode. :)

8/10

• Brohoof 1

That anthem. I literally can't. Oh was that so painful...

Aside from that... thing, I like that we're wrapping up the plots between the CMC and Relay team. Went just as I expected, though I hope you creative types expand on the games to account for all the medal events.

As far as the lesson goes, my friend Fisherpon makes a very valid point:

I’m just gonna say this immediately. Today’s lesson?

A lot of y’all artists need to take it to heart. I’ve seen so many great artists tell themselves their art sucks, or ask me why I’m reblogging trash.

Come on! You need to have some confidence in yourself! Be proud of your work, because just as Twi said (kinda, paraphrasing a bit), only you can cheer yourself on on the inside.

So yeah, it was okay. Would've been a lot better if that didn't happen.

• Brohoof 5

That anthem. I literally can't. Oh was that so painful...

Aside from that... thing, I like that we're wrapping up the plots between the CMC and Relay team. Went just as I expected, though I hope you creative types expand on the games to account for all the medal events.

As far as the lesson goes, my friend Fisherpon makes a very valid point:

I’m just gonna say this immediately. Today’s lesson?

A lot of y’all artists need to take it to heart. I’ve seen so many great artists tell themselves their art sucks, or ask me why I’m reblogging trash.

Come on! You need to have some confidence in yourself! Be proud of your work, because just as Twi said (kinda, paraphrasing a bit), only you can cheer yourself on on the inside.

So yeah, it was okay. Would've been a lot better if that didn't happen.

Eh, a lot of people liked it so I'd give it a pass.

(edited)

Yup, this episode was better than what I've expected. That song was so great, Spike would be crowned as Equestrian Idol 2014. XD

Things I didn't like is that there's not a lot of screen time on the actual games itself. Ah well, it's a Spike episode, so whut? :P

So, we had two Spike-Wikey episodes in a row, and both stand on top of the list of my best Spike episodes. The writers have already...

NAILED IT!

Final score:

9.8/10

Edited by GeometryMath Algebra

Did they just turn the Equestria Games into a Spike episode?  I... wasn't expecting that.  (Note that I did not read any of the synopses.)  All in all, I'd say that it wasn't bad.  I thought that the message at the end was really good, I'm just not sure that I cared for how they got to it.  I don't know, maybe I was just expecting a little bit more since they've pretty much been building up to this episode since last season.  Overall, it was okay.  In any case, we'll see what the finale has in store for us next week.  I usually don't like to hype myself up for this kind of stuff, but the promo commercial is making it look pretty awesome!

• Brohoof 2