Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Without Internet or TV?

CosmicHooves

Maybe chase after the person who took it and EAT THEIR SOUL.
TV I can live without, but internet? That is my social life/life/reason for existence!!!

Y u do dis to meh

• Brohoof 1

My reaction if there was no TV or Internet?

I would shrug my shoulders and do the other thing I love - drawing. I can live without both. :P

The internet (ie. basically the best thing our species will ever invent) developed in my lifetime, and while I remember the "Before Time" with encyclopedias and catalog cards when you wanted to get information about stuff, and dialing (like, with an actual dial) people that I wanted to see, or just knocking on their doors, what I can't really recall is how any of us managed to survive in this blighted nightmare world, utterly devoid of joy or meaning.

Like, are you friggin kidding me? Go back to a time without internet? You can take our homes, our loved ones, our very dignity as people, but think about TOUCHING that router and I WILL SING THE SONG THAT ENDS THE EARTH.

I could spin you a tale of what it was like back then, laced with romantic notions about what it felt like to discover something that you had to search for; like an adventurer poring through ancient tomes, looking for a passage explaining some unknown or poorly understood question, or a photo from a far away land I couldn't see any other way. Or how information was passed from person to person, like the folklore of long-dead ancestors. Memes were something you learned on the playground, or passed around the office on PRINTED sheets of PAPER.

I could, but I would be a vicious liar, misrepresenting the "glory" of the past. I want *everything* on demand. Music, videos, information, communication. I want it ALL and I want it NOW and that's what I've got. This is a golden age fellas. Death to the mongrels who would take it away.

You can have my laptop when you pry it from my COLD, DEAD HANDS.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I've been addicted to the internet since the age of 14, so like vast majority of everyone else, I'd be dead in a second if I lost the interwebs for life!

Other than Toonami, I couldn't care less about TV. I'd give that up in a second!

EDIT: Ditto to what Nine said! ↑↑↑

Edited by Hypn0ticD

(edited)

If it would affect everyone, I would actually be kind of happy. Being social face to face much more often.

But if it was only me it would isolate me from those who have internet. And it would not be as awesome.

Edited by Blaze Bronson

Well,I'd be able to stay sane for awhile reading books and playing single player games, but assuming this was permanent, I'd probably snap eventually.

TV, I'd be fine without... Just as long as I could keep up with shows online, but the internet?

Funny story, I was just reminded exactly how obsessed with it I am. So I took my phone with me to go pee, and... Ended up on the internet on my phone while doing so... >.< I was, like... "OMG... I, like, can't even pee without getting on the internet!" I've probably done it many, many times before, but today I had gotten the notification that my data is starting to run low, so I need to moderate instances of getting on the internet on my phone for the time being, and that was the first instance getting online since. lol

With that said, obviously I'd die without the internet. There'd be the upside that playing my instruments would now be the only thing I had to do, so I would focus on them a lot more. But I need the internet, still!

TV I could live without. Ditched cable a few years ago, TV sits there basically to collect dust and play the occasional Wii U game.

No Internet though? I might have to get a hobby or two...

Perish the thought.

You can have my laptop when you pry it from my COLD, DEAD HANDS.

And even so, my laptop will STILL be glued to my cold, dead hands!

And even so, my laptop will STILL be glued to my cold, dead hands!

If there were no internet tomorrow, you'd eventually find me trying to type replies into a bag of flour, crazy Pinkie Pie style, to imagined conversations with imaginary people.

Believe it or not, I do better without electronics when I can't get to them, like when I'm at school. But, when I can't use them, but they're within my reach, I go bonkers.

I'd be irritated, but I suppose I could go without both. I'd be bummed about never being able to watch the Superbowl on TV or use the Internet, and I'd have to go back to getting news from other sources, but it wouldn't ruin my life. I'd probably just spend more time sleeping or working out!  :lol:

(edited)

I would at first be really angry if they took away the internet for the rest of my life, because the internet is so important today for information, even some debated that internet should be a right to have. 

Then I would realize how much time I actually have, read more books and spend more time outside and be together with friends. 

Edited by SweetieBelle456

I would do things how they did in the 90's..

library for information.. go to my friends' house for social interaction.. video games and books for further entertainment..

I think this is very relevant and belongs here.  >_>

• Brohoof 1

I have friends on the internet, I talk to them regularly. It fights off the loneliness and depression. :( Since I don't have any real life friends that I hang out with on a regular basis....having no internet would drive be back deeper into depression. Most of my real life friends that I talk to through the power of the internet, live in the  city. Which is rather far away. So I never get to visit them. :(

I could live without TV...there's Youtube and Dailymotion for that. :squee:

But, on the other hoof,without internet, I'd be outside more than I am, even though I'm already outside fairly often. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

No TV or Internet? How about we amp up the stakes here. How about no electricity just like in the show, "Revolution"?

To me, that kinda sucks, unless if I still have my iPod (which the entire revolution show thing doesn't become the next big thing in the future), that would be okay for songs.

Long story short,

The internet, I'll die.

TV, meh.