Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Without Internet or TV?

CosmicHooves

Just now, Frosted Heart said:

I know.

But couldn't I use the internet to watch that? 

.. No hon... read it again.

No internet. No TV. Neither. What would you do if you didn't have Internet and you didn't have TV?

Tbh I think I’d get a lot more done without the internet. I get distracted easy. I already don’t watch much tv. Which is a good thing since I’d never get anything done if I did lol

At the same time though it’d be weird not having them. 

• Brohoof 1

I've had to go without internet for over a year and let me tell you, IT'S MISERABLE. At least I had my dad's phone to save me in those dark times so I could still get on here, but living without internet for much longer than a week or two for somebody like me (that essentially lives on the Internet) is pretty difficult and it really was absurdly depressing. Still don't have TV, but it's really not a big deal when you have a decent internet connection, and are willing to go to lengths of questionable legality to watch shows. Even if you don't, it's honestly not that bad. TV subscriptions, in my mind at least, are absurdly expensive for what you actually get anyways.

• 8 months later...

The internet is such a wonderful source of information and where I can look up countless things related to my passions so losing that would hit me hard. Not to mention, I would then have basically no social whatsoever. So that would suck. TV is meaningless to me. I am buying most films and shows that I like on the Microsoft store and I have a hefty collection now. :) So that makes standard TV irrelevant to me.

• Brohoof 2

that'd suck and I use both extensively, so i'd probably end up depressed for a little bit, 
Saying that, If I was told it was going to happen, I'd get an international cheap calls sim card and give everyone I still want to contact my mobile number,

That and I have plenty of DVDs, and plenty of access to DVDs, so I could manage

• Brohoof 1

I would be screwed. My job is entirely dependent on having access to internet to look for resources and send mails, upload my work to sell it. But if I had no option I would have to change jobs entirely. 

If we are talking about a not so permanent or too long period of time where I don't have any work to do then it's not that terrible. I could read, I have some dvds, saved music and some downloaded content. I could draw, make plushies, write, play videogames, play with my cat, walk outside (in a non covid scenario). I actually often think about this and how much internet has made me loose time for other things that could leave me more satisfied. It would be good for me if I could separate myself from it a bit to actually have time for myself and not just be glued to it watching YouTube pretty much all day on the background while I do other things on the computer.

Edited by Ittoni

I'd be totally screwed, I have the most of my friends online and haven't seen irl ones for a while (except classmates). Plus internet is my main way to study things I want. Haven't used TV for 5 years though

• Brohoof 1

Can't u jus watch tv on internet X3

But ye i need internet pretty much especially these days. I remember as a child i didnt always have it tho lol

Edited by flurry

I haven’t watched TV in like... 5 years so could definitely do without that one. 

I don’t think anyone (at least in much of the developed world) could do without internet for so long. Sometimes I don’t like how reliant life on the internet has become... 

I use my TV as a computer monitor  :sassy:

I don't really watch much TV these days, but I still keep an antenna connected so I can receive local weather and news. (I like the format of local news channels).

Internet would be tough to go without. I love youtube a bit too much, plus I enjoy chatting with my online friends.