Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Selfies: What Do You Think Of Them?

DukeofCanterlot

I think selfies are great, when they're made on a positive note.

If someone is taking a selfie and saying "I'm ugly!" as a caption, that is a very negative behavior, whether they're genuinely displeased with themselves or are "begging for attention" (which is not an assumption anyone should make, that is rude.)

But selfies are great! Want to take one every few hours and upload it? Great! They're a sign of healthy social activity and positive body stigma, which we should be applauding. I love seeing people be confident about themselves enough to post selfies, why would I think it's annoying that someone is happy with who they are and how they look.

It's social media. The point of social media is to seek attention. I see no problem here.

My life got a lot easier once I started pointlessly hating other people for being self confident and looking at myself in a more positive way too. Trust me, you're not cool for looking down on other people for having enjoyment in little things like this.

• Brohoof 3

Drive-by-selfie- where you're photographing yourself in a moving vehicle... and you're the driver... NO. WRONG. BAD. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG SHTAP. 

Selfies where you're lunging off the wall with your butt in the air = NO. WRONG. BAD. YOU'RE IT WRONG. SHTAP. 

Selfies where you're using a questionable location of your body to prop the camera/phone = NO. WRONG. BAD. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. SHTAP. 

Duck faces/gestures/signs to give off a persona... meh... NO. WRONG. BAD. SHTAP. BAD.

Selfies where you trick you grandma into holding your leg up for you to snap a shot of your booty to post online along with duck face = NO. WRONG. BAD. SHTAP BEFORE YOU GIVE GRANDMA HEART ATTACK. 

Bathroom selfies come across as silly/disgusting depending on the surroundings/content of the picture...

Other than that, if you keep in touch with people that you don't see in person, it's nice to post pictures of yourself in a album now and then just to keep it up to date or if you want to share something new you got like a specific shirt or something~ 

Once VinylShadow is with me in person, I'm willing to bet I'll have 0% reason to take pics of myself anymore~ so far, we like to just send each other pics of each other during different days, so we can see each others' different expressions and moods~

I think selfies are great, when they're made on a positive note.

If someone is taking a selfie and saying "I'm ugly!" as a caption, that is a very negative behavior, whether they're genuinely displeased with themselves or are "begging for attention" (which is not an assumption anyone should make, that is rude.)

But selfies are great! Want to take one every few hours and upload it? Great! They're a sign of healthy social activity and positive body stigma, which we should be applauding. I love seeing people be confident about themselves enough to post selfies, why would I think it's annoying that someone is happy with who they are and how they look.

It's social media. The point of social media is to seek attention. I see no problem here.

My life got a lot easier once I started pointlessly hating other people for being self confident and looking at myself in a more positive way too. Trust me, you're not cool for looking down on other people for having enjoyment in little things like this.

I guess what makes me annoyed is that people can't just be happy with them self without demanding atention for it. It's became the same thing as som really hardcore bronies, that only post mlp stuff all the time and not speaks about anything else. It's geting me the hips because whereever I look on my facebook people post meaningless pics so the intressting stuff comes way down. That is what irritates me.

Selfies are very overrated. It's nice to take a picture with friends, family, or your admirer but "Oh my gosh let's take a selfie" that is going too far.

I don't mind selfies, unless they're doing 'duckface' or posting pictures of food.

Nopony cares about your normal meal.

The exception being weird food. I myself posted a picture of a unique hotdog I enjoyed... (Hotdog, with bacon... and peanut butter. And caramel sauce. (It's better than it sounds.))

I like the... I think it was a Family Guy joke? Three skinny girls squeeze together for a selfie and merge into one overweight girl. xD

I also don't mind group selfies with people you rarely see. Like me and two of my brothers got together, that many of us in one place is exceedingly rare.

Any frooging spoiled teenage girl with a camera: Look at me I'm a photographer! If I put a filter over this it means I'm professional! *Posts picture on Facebook* I'm so ugly :( Please give me likes and attention.

Also photos of Starbucks' cups. Seriously, please burn in Hell anyone who does this.

Exception: The guy named Bruce who got a Starbucks cup, and the woman had written "Batman".

Selfies are very overrated. It's nice to take a picture with friends, family, or your admirer but "Oh my gosh let's take a selfie" that is going too far.

But why? I honestly cannot wrap my head around why people think taking harmless pictures for self-positivity is a bad thing. Even less can I wrap my head around insulting or condemning people for it; does it really bother you enough that you'd say terrible things about them? Is it because you don't like seeing other people find enjoyment in everyday activities?

Edited by Cactus

I've posted a few selfies back on twitter, like two or three.

but that was more of a "look! I'm not really the anime character in my profile pic lol"

xD other times I just scroll past selfies, I can't say that I dislike them but I guess I do. xD

not sure! 

if the person is just taking pics of themselves and flinging them into the internet saying "LOOK AT ME!!"

then I might not like them, if they post the occasional pic, I don't care.

with things like selfies, I think they just help teen stereotypes.

can't really explain why I think that, o-o just go on Demand and watch the show "selfie" and you'll understand.

they make people who use the internet sound so vain! Dx

not everyone is like that.

for some reason I still like the show though o-o

I'm backwards like that xD

.__________________.

I just realized this smiley did not count as even a single character. Guess you can tell my reaction. It's nothing I concern myself about but whenever I see this topic pop up (like most mainstream things where everyone wants to be a part of it and show off) all I can say is: Really? ._.

First off, let me just say that I personally hate that word. Selfie, a.k.a the Oxford Dictionary's 2013 Word of the Year is a word that makes the English student in me wince. As for Selfies themselves, I think they're really stupid and vapid. "Oh look, I'm going to take a picture of only my face and post it to the internet! Look how cool and interesting I am!"

Some selfies are admittedly okay. I liked a selfie for instance when someone was showing off how much weight he lost and another selfie when someone was showing off a cool haircut she just got. However, selfies without purpose except showing off yourself are useless. The worlds of Facebook and Twitter don't care about you. I can tolerate selfies. I am simply expressing my opinon. I'm not calling for a selfie ban for some bullshit like that, but that doesn't mean I like them.

I totaly agree. I do take pictures of my self but I don't really call them selfies. Its just a picture of yourself. And ya it needs a purpose; like when you get braces. I see selfies on Facebook and its just another pic of them self updating the one they posted 10 mins ago. I see them with "LoL" typed on it and I say " Hey its Jena" and keep scroling.

But why? I honestly cannot wrap my head around why people think taking harmless pictures for self-positivity is a bad thing. Even less can I wrap my head around insulting or condemning people for it; does it really bother you enough that you'd say terrible things about them? Is it because you don't like seeing other people find enjoyment in everyday activities?

Hey. This is my opinion. I just don't like when people fansize about it. They act like it's popular to say "selfie". That's all I was trying to say. I don't appreciate how you said I didn't find enjoyment in things. It's my own damn opinion.

They are stupid. No one wants to see your more than likely ugly mug you self centered narcissist. 

I don't take selfies cause I know what I look like. No one cares about me or what I'm doing and they have that right. I'm not that egotistical nor in need of anyone elses affirmations. I don't post those pics because I love my anonymity and online identities. 

There was a term for all this before camera phones. It's called taking a picture of yourself!

It annoys me when I see people taking them, especially in school. I'm just in my classroom doing my work, and some girls are taking selfies in front of me. Really? What caption would you even put for that? "BORED IN MATH, TOOK SELFIE WITH FRIENDZ".