Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

All the phones you've used?

Dr. Vojislav Seselj

(edited)

I thought it'd be fun if we could share with each other the phones that we used, that'd be fun :)

General use:

Nokia 3310 (2004-09 (?))

My first phone, but I didn't make calls or anything, I had it for bragging rights only. It's my grandma's old phone which she used. I still have it in my room, but it won't turn on, I wanna get it fixed for shits and giggles tho.

Nokia 5130 Xpressmusic (2009-11)

My first actual phone that I used to call and stuff. Has a really loud huge speaker. Currently in my aunt's possession

Samsung Star II (2011-13)

Semi-smartphone. Really good budget phone. Does Wi-Fi and YouTube and has native FB and TW apps. Sold it to a neighborhood kid.

Samsung Galaxy S III (2013-)

The best smartphone of 2012 definitely. Samsung's second iPhone killer. Does much more and isn't overpriced for no fucking reason

School:

Samsung Keystone (E1080 or something) (Sept 2013 - Jan)

My grandma's phone. I gave her my Nokia and she gave me this. After a while she got tired of the Xpressmusic and we switched back

Nokia 5130 (Jan-Apr)

Nokia 3310 (Apr-)

When I sold my old Star II to this kid, I gave him a discount if he gave me his 3310. He accepted and I popped in my grandma's original battery from like 12 years ago and it still frickin works. Holds a charge for maybe two days. I love the fact that it's heavy as a brick, the new lithium ion batteries you can buy make the thing feel light and low quality

Edited by Chetnik

(edited)

A Samsung SGH-T229 and a Samsung Galaxy Note II.

sgh-t229-2gnr.jpg

^Look at that glorious off-center front LCD screen.

My SGH-T229 lasted for 5 years before it finally kicked the bucket.

Edited by Teller

idk some flippy phone I bought off the shelf at walmart for $50 and I never put phone cards on it.

Oh there it is on the floor in the corner to my left. I wonder when I put it there? Couple months ago?

Yeah, I don't believe in paying a bill so people can pester me with requests.

A bunch of random bar and flip phones up until my first smartphone in 2009.

The only ones that really stood out were the Nokia 5190, 8250, and Sony-Ericsson T616. Those things were tanks. I dropped the T616 from a second story stairwell. It hit two sets of stairs on the way down and landed in a bed of rocks hard enough to knock the SIM loose. Reseated it and was on my way.

HTC Nexus One in 2009.

Samsung Galaxy S II in 2011.

Samsung Galaxy S IV in 2013.

Waiting on rumors of the new, larger iPhone 6. S5 is pretty ho-hum imo coming from a 4. >_>

Samsung x426 (2004 - 2006?)

First phone, obviously! It may not have been the most fancy phone ever, but for its time, it wasn't bad. Flip phones were kind of the thing to have back then... For my age, having a phone at all was cool. lol

Samsung x427 (2006?- 2007)

It was basically the same thing as the x426, but we upgraded for some reason?

Samsung something (2007 - 2008)

I do not remember the model. However, it was another flip phone, but this time it had a camera and a digital clock on the outside.

Samsung Black Jack II (2008 - 2009)

I "inherited" this phone from my sister when she 'upgraded' to an iPhone. I loved this phone. The full keyboard and large amount of space would be a lifesaver for me during what would be one of the most social periods of my life.

LG Xenon (2009 - 2011)

I have no idea why, but I 'upgraded' to this phone. It seemed fancy, but it wasn't. It was not a smartphone. The keyboard was fine, but the storage was not. There was no way of getting images on the phone from my PC, and I had to delete text messages practically every day. >.>

Samsung Jack (2011 - 2013)

I was all too happy to find out that a new version of the Black Jack had come out. I would not be disappointed. It had all of the features from Black Jack II that I missed so much with the Xenon. However, sadly, it was a little bit glitchy and would slow down doing the most simple of tasks.

It also was showing its age... Sites like Tumblr didn't work at all, and Twitter had an update somewhere down the line which essentially 'broke' it for the phone.

iPhone 4S (2013+)

I had a longstanding bias against touch screen phones. I did not like the idea of typing on them, but eventually even I gave in... I needed to have my iPod and phone in one device for work, because trying to fit them both in pockets simply does not work. The deal for the iPhone was incredibly cheap, I couldn't resist... and I've had absolutely no complaints with it. I love being able to actually go onto sites like Tumblr!

I wasnt one on the cool kids in my old schools who have  phone early, so my first real phone was the good old evV 2. From there its just been smartphones

Verizon enV 2 2008-2010

iPhone 4 2010-2012

Samsung S3: 2012-2013

iPhone 5: 2013-Now

Nokia 3330

Some small Nokia

Motorola flip in black (which was awful)

Sony Erricson W200 (I think was it’s name)

Sony Erricson w850

A bunch of cheap LGs and Samsungs (nothing special or anything)

Sony Xperia Tipo

Samsung Galaxy S3 which is still my current phone :)

In terms of personal phones I've used, in order:

- Kyocera K9 Rave (Virgin Mobile)

- Audiovox Flasher V7 (Virgin Mobile)

- Samsung SGH-D807 (AT&T)

- Sharp Sidekick iD (T-Mobile)

- Blackberry 8320 Curve (T-Mobile)

- Samsung Galaxy S (US Cellular)

- HTC Hero S (US Cellular)

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon, Current)

I've changed phones pretty rappidly, though it's because I've either had to switch cariers (coverage has always been an issue where I live), or the phone was junk and I had to replace it.

Both my current job and my previous job were positions that required me to keep a phone on me, and those were, in order:

- Blackberry Curve 8350i (Sprint)

- Blackberry Bold 9650 (Verizon)

- iPhone 4 (Verizon)

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon)

- iPhone 5 (Verizon, Current)

I've used the following phones:

Motorola Razr V3i (first phone):
MotorolaRAZRV3i-0710.jpg

Motorola Razr2 (second, got it in the middle of high school):

motorola-razr2-v8_0.jpg

iPhone 4 (Current)

IN the future I'm also hoping to get a Sony XPeria Z1.

(edited)

Well, let's see...

Hmmh... multiply that... carry the two, and we have...

None! :D

I honestly don't see the point in paying for a phone when the internet exists.

Edited by MilesTheLunar

(edited)

Whefdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

I've only used two so far. My first was the HTC my touch. My current one is the Xperia Z. I generally don't upgrade my phone unless my current phone is inoperable in any way or is out of date.

(edited)

Hm...I have to go back a number of years for this haha

Also, I put links in this post if you wanna check out the phones I've used before. It's funny to see how far we've come in cell phones in only 8 years!

Kyocera Oystr (2006) - What I consider to be my first phone ever. I was probably 14 when I got this, but it was for my brother and me to share. I lived with my biological family at the time and we were poor. I only had this phone for a couple months. Then we couldn't pay the phone bill and so I didn't have a phone again for a while. 

kyocera-oystr-g.jpg

2. Motorola RAZR VE20 (2009) - When I was 15, I was placed with a foster family. They didn't get me a phone for a while because, according to them, I didn't need it. In retrospect, I say that's fair enough. I didn't get this until I was 17. Only reason they did get me a phone was because I was about to be a licensed driver and they wanted to keep tabs on me or if I was in a jam and needed to call someone, I could.

motorola-razr-ve20-mobile-phone-review-4

I accidentally ran over this phone with a pickup truck that weighed 5 tons. Amazingly, it lived. The folks at the ammonia plant picked it up and called my foster father. I kept it for about another year or so. You wouldn't believe the shape it was in by the time I was done with it...

3. Samsung Messager Touch (2010) - So after my contract was up, I decided I would buy a new phone. I was tired of my old one because the keypad had actually fallen off and I had to draw the numbers on with a permanent marker. I wanted something with a touchscreen and a full keyboard, but there was no way I could afford a smartphone at the time. I had just turned 18 and my foster parents weren't going to pay for my new phone. They'd keep me on their plan, but if I wanted a phone, I had to get it myself. So I did.

samsung-sch-r630.jpg

4. Motorola Quantico (2010) - Well after a while, the Samsung accidentally broke. And it couldn't be saved like my old Motorola. My brother had just got a new smartphone and before that he had an old Motorola Quantico. So I asked him if I could use his old phone for a while and he let me. 

Motorola-Quantico.jpg

5. Motorola Electrify/Photon 4G (2011) - So my phone company was having a deal where they were doing smartphones for really cheap during Christmas. And as it was, my contract was coming up for renewal. From September to December, I worked my tail off and I got this. I wanted the latest and greatest phone. In 2011, this phone was pretty much top of the line. Android 2.3.5, 1 GHz dual core processor, 1 GB RAM, 4.3 inch display (960 x 540), 8 megapixel camera, 1080p recording...it pretty much had it all. It even had an HDMI out on the side! I still have this phone today though I have no use for it anymore.

169470-electrify.jpg

6. Samsung Galaxy S4 (2013) - These days I'm paying my own phone bill and whatnot. It's no fun. So anyway I went with Verizon as they're pretty reliable. I don't drop many calls with these guys although their service in my town is questionable sometimes.  Either way, I just wanted the best they had to offer at the time. And really, I don't see iPhones as all that great for the price. For instance, I have a 64 GB SD card in this guy. I don't like how iPhones don't do that. Among other things. Anyway, I had to stick to my guns and go with another Android phone. This is my current phone and my contract has me stuck with it til mid-2015 :lol:

GS4_Verizon_Black_400x400_large1_HERO_1.

Edited by Space Woona

(edited)

<2013 A bunch of crappy Alcatel Nokia that where some pay as you go models's with no online or features.

Unless you include snake and some knock of spaceship shooter.

>2013 Windows 8 Lumnia 520. Can't complain I can watch the latest pony episode on dailymotion.

--Currently around S4 episode 21, can't recall exactly the last one I saw. It had Luna in it and I squee-ed.

Luna is freakin' awesome.

Also stuff about phones yeah. :derp:

Edited by Gamer Twilight

(edited)

My first phone was the Samsung Player One. And it's been 2 years since I got my LG Optimus 7. Windows phones suck though, so I hope I'll soon be able to get a new one.

Edited by Shawns

List all the phones I've ever used...easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!

My home phone, my friend's cell phone once, and one of those old rotary phones.

I can't quite remember the first few phones I had (they were dumb phones).

The first was a Motorola.. Something. Then I had another phone... I can't remember.

Afterwards, I got an android with virgin mobile, then an iPhone 4, and recently an iPhone5s. Pretty cool phone (so much memory!!).

The phone I've used?

Geez, that's kind of a hard question, I've used so many, and I can't remember the names for most of them. ^^"

But I know I've used an iPhone 4, 4s, and a 5. Also, I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, so I've used one of those! ^^

• 1 year later...

Nokia 3330

Nokia 6100

My mind goes blank if the Motorola was next or if I had others phones in between, anyway.

Motorola V300 (I think, I looked around on Google and it looks like it). It was black, and I was always a bit disappointed with it. But I was really proud of getting the Crazy Frog ringtone on it.

Sony Ericsson W800i: that was a joy to own, since by then I was a hardcore music lover it’s on board MP3 player was great. And I could add my own ringtone instead of have to pay for some company. And I could do all sorts of customisations etc.

Sony Ericsson W850: that was also good, think I broke it or lost it or something

Samsung E1200: that was a boring phone that didn’t do anything cool. It wasn’t bad just boring.

Samsung slider phone: no idea of the model name, it was black

T-Mobile touch screen crap: bought this to be cooler than the Samsung from Argos, I used it like once and thought it was cheap and crappy and it was rarely used after that

Sony-Erricson WT18: I bought that and tried to get it unlocked, didn’t work. Liked it because it was touch screen and it was really cool at the time

Sony Expiria Tipo- Bought that from Argos, my first proper smart phone. It’s tiny though and it’s still used in my house as a backup phone

Samsung Galaxy S3: loved that phone, but I pretty much wrecked it

Samsung Galaxy S3: yep I said it twice, that’s how badly I wrecked the first one

Samsung Galaxy S5: which as I type this I only got a few days ago, it’s a cool new phone.